Toys "R" Us - Game Salvage Pricing Glitch(es)

barchi01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
493 (100%)
I went to Toys "R" Us today and bought 2 copies of Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate (Vita) that rang up for $.03 each at the price check station and the counter. I know I have seen this type of game salvage pricing glitch at Toys "R" Us discussed on CAG before but couldn't find the original thread to attach my update.

This could very well be YMMV, although I have had success in the past finding "generously priced" games at my local Toys "R" Us which prices were exactly aligned with what other CAG'ers across the country had listed they got theirs for. It kind of goes without saying but the best strategy is to lump your salvage priced games in with a few other purchases. It also doesn't hurt to find the most confused looking employee to buy your stuff from. Happy game hunting.

[attachment=17378:image.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
$.02 items are to be destroyed at store level. Stores can deny sales of these items. $.03 are items to be donated. These items can be purchased if found. $.04 items are sold just like regular items. No restrictions on these items. Although at my store, we just donate anything that comes up $.04.
Ok thanks!

I hate the fact those displays more often than not get pitched. I understand the reasoning (most often manufacturer owned on free lease/consignment to the store or even paid for shelf space and too expensive to ship back) but some are just awesome...what a waste. I still laugh though every time I'm out in some dirty ghetto hood Target and the lego superhero minifigs display is busted open on one side with almost all the minifigs gone...except for whatever figure is on the opposite end that the thief/thieves' arms aren't long enough and/or too thick for them to reach...and/or when one or more minifigs' legs were glued on so tight all they could get was the torso...fucking bums.

Stopprd by two stores this weekend with the same results: zilch. Both had only 4-5 Vita games at all... FIFA 14 & 15, lego ronin, child of light. No batman for pennies on the dollar.

Came back from my TRU and found a Wind Waker HD and DK Tropical Freeze for 2 cents each! Always check the prices on the guides that don't have shelf tags!

Edit: Damn spellcheck

Edit 2: The spines on the Dead Rising and Ryse GOTY are such a troll :/

Came back from my TRU and found a Wind Water HD and DK Tropical Freeze for 2 cents each! Always check the prices on the guides that don't have shelf tags!

Also, they also had vanilla copies of Ryse and Dead Rising 3 for X1. Does anyone know if the salvage price still applies for it?
Wind Water sounds bootleg, no wonder it was 2 cents :) . I would of loved to have stumbled upon those two games for 2 cents each, good find.

Came back from my TRU and found a Wind Waker HD and DK Tropical Freeze for 2 cents each! Always check the prices on the guides that don't have shelf tags!

Edit: Damn spellcheck

Edit 2: The spines on the Dead Rising and Ryse GOTY are such a troll :/
Those were confirmed by others and I a while back then again not everyone checks the reduced guide thread.

You wouldn't be wrong, man.
200.gif

Checked my local store (Austin) and no luck.  :(

If anyone wants to let go of any of these mentioned for cheap, please PM me to work something out.  Would love to get DR3, Ryse, and Forza 5 for my new Xbone.  Would even take Batman for vita.  Thanks. 

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Vita) now ringing up for $.03 at Toys R Us (assuming you can find one).

Checked my local store (Austin) and no luck. :(

If anyone wants to let go of any of these mentioned for cheap, please PM me to work something out. Would love to get DR3, Ryse, and Forza 5 for my new Xbone. Would even take Batman for vita. Thanks.
Sure, that will be $.06 + $30 shipping :D

Monday is usually.
Thanks! Just noticed my local stores tend to have clearance on gaming headsets. Managed to get an X32 headset for $10 and eyeing another waiting for it to drop to $10 (its currently $30). Might call the store today asking for a price check.

So I went to my Local Toys R Us, it was super strange to me that in the mall they had a seperate building for Babies R Us, both buildings were super clean and well organized. Bummed me out because the TRU in Florida where I used to live was a warzone. Found none of the items that have been talked about on the thread. I have to recheck the discussion regarding headsets because I saw a few clearance Xbox Headsets that might be glitched. I was mostly looking for Vita Games, which this is what they Had, Lego Hobbit, MLB The Show 14, Lego Ninjago? Soul Sacrifice, and a few others I don't recall. More importantly both MLB and Lego Hobbit were just 5 Bucks each. But it wasn't Clearance. My question is what are the odds that some of these are going to be glitched out?

Also I think I found a store that possibly collects the vast majority of the dumpster divable items from larger stores.

Entertainmart... amazing thing is that they throw out huge amounts of electronics because they don't repair anything. I saw huge piles of items I know for a fact have been thrown out by GS years ago. Like Wrestle mania controllers for wii and Xbox. MW2 PS3 Nyko controllers. Lots of Nyko controllers. Really funny place though. Guy opened 8 of them in like 2 years. 1 year later has 3.

[quote name="Josef" post="12991337" timestamp="1445977918"]Actually, those are clearanced. They are priced at $4.98 each, which is a clearance price.[/quote]
Odd, they were marked as though that was there permanent price drop. I will probably grab the Lego Hobbit.

Nothing much left by me it's almost empty... I doubt toys r us will be around in 2-3 years, might as well tell the employees to look for new jobs.

Nothing much left by me it's almost empty... I doubt toys r us will be around in 2-3 years, might as well tell the employees to look for new jobs.
Just picked up a new job and only doing weekends at the toy mines. As much as I hate/love that place it's sure good for getting experience.

I had a curious entry on the Sapphire at work yesterday for the PS4 at $17 in the Big Ticket Item listing for guest fulfillment.

I had a curious entry on the Sapphire at work yesterday for the PS4 at $17 in the Big Ticket Item listing for guest fulfillment.
Wasn't a controller charger or something like that? I remember those would come up too.

Edit: Also can we get the item number

I'm looking into the RGB variant, just because it's so damn pretty. I can't afford to pay the 150+ right now though, damn.
Yep thats the one I got. Strife or something like that. Guy at best buy price matched it to the older model so I got it for $99!

I can't remember the number as that was yesterday, but it said "PS4 System" and under the price said "Interactive" I think.
thats... weird

bread's done
Back