Toys R Us gba special

This deal is happening nationwide in all ToysRUs stores in Canada.

Buy One Get One Free - Applies to ALL GameBoy Advance games of equal or lesser value. (Excludes Over the Hedge ...which sucks anyways XD)

Offer valid: Saturday, July 8 to Friday, July 14.

Heh no idea, no gameboy for me :(

By the way guys, Zellers has an unadvertised (in terms of in their weekly flyer) sale for GameBoy Micros at $50, which is remarkably cheap. The deal ends on Sunday though (ie. Today).

I originall wanted to get one since my local Zellers still had stock, but then I saw how small the screen was and I was turned off :p...plus no backlight. Personally, I'd rather dish out the money and get a sexy DS Lite, as it's the future direction Nintendo's heading for its handhelds. But hey, can't go wrong with $50 for a micro ;)

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh no idea, no gameboy for me :(

By the way guys, Zellers has an unadvertised (in terms of in their weekly flyer) sale for GameBoy Micros at $50, which is remarkably cheap. The deal ends on Sunday though (ie. Today).

I originall wanted to get one since my local Zellers still had stock, but then I saw how small the screen was and I was turned off :p...plus no backlight. Personally, I'd rather dish out the money and get a sexy DS Lite, as it's the future direction Nintendo's heading for its handhelds. But hey, can't go wrong with $50 for a micro ;)[/quote]

True that :D ah well I like my ds and sp, however I didn't know the micro didn't have a backlight :cry:

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh no idea, no gameboy for me :(

I originall wanted to get one since my local Zellers still had stock, but then I saw how small the screen was and I was turned off :p...plus no backlight. Personally, I'd rather dish out the money and get a sexy DS Lite, as it's the future direction Nintendo's heading for its handhelds. But hey, can't go wrong with $50 for a micro ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey guys the Micro has a back light that has 5 different levels of brightness. I just bought one used and I love it.

As for what games to get, if you didn't already get them at the CC clearance then I'd say go for FF IV and Drill dozer (although that's only $9.99 at BB right now). Basically it might not be that big of a sale right now due to CC and BB but I'd just go and see if there are games that you wanted.

[quote name='CHARYODA']Hey guys the Micro has a back light that has 5 different levels of brightness. I just bought one used and I love it.

As for what games to get, if you didn't already get them at the CC clearance then I'd say go for FF IV and Drill dozer (although that's only $9.99 at BB right now). Basically it might not be that big of a sale right now due to CC and BB but I'd just go and see if there are games that you wanted.[/quote]

The Micro screen is damn sexy, very comparable to the DS Lite (as far as I can tell, I don't own a Lite.) But yes, the DS would be the better way to go, as you'll have the nice backlit screen, as well as a big screen.

I wish we had CC here...that clearance sale was somethin' else.
Drill Dozer isn't 10 bucks here in Canada, either. I wish that were the case, too.

My favourite GBA games are Metroid Zero Mission and Mario & Luigi, so if you don't have one or either of those, they come highly recommended.

I'm thinking of finally picking up Pokémon Sapphire. It's 50 dollars though...and I'm not really sure what other game I should get. I'd get Drill Dozer if I didn't feel like it's going to go on sale soon.

Tales of Phantasia has been on my mind but I'm not sure how good that is. Any thoughts?

I picked up both a Micro and a DS Lite at about the same time, and I've actually been playing the Micro more to tell you the truth.

It's easier to hold and less clunky to play, especially if you're laying down and holding it above your head (like in bed).

I thought the screen was really small too when I got it, but actually it doesn't bother me at all!

And people are right, it's nice and bright and second only to the DS screen in terms of clarity. I also like that I can put it in my front pocket and take it anywhere with me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DS Lite, but for the backlog of GBA games I've got I just find myself gravitating towards the Micro.

$50 for one--I say get it, but then again if you've played all the good GBA games and are leaning towards the DS generation of games it might not make sense for you. Mine was used too for that price and I think it's the best gaming purchase I've made in a long time.

Oh yeah, how do you adjust the brightness, lol? I didn't know it had 5 levels, hah-hah...just been playing it on the default of whatever it comes up as....

[quote name='Ramman77']I saw how small the screen was and I was turned off :p...plus no backlight. Personally, I'd rather dish out the money and get a sexy DS Lite, as it's the future direction Nintendo's heading for its handhelds. But hey, can't go wrong with $50 for a micro ;)[/QUOTE]

The screen isn't as small as you think, when I got mine in the mail I was looking at it and was a bit worrried too, but once I popped a game in, everything was just so clear...
And about the backlighting, I don't know who gave you that bogus information, but it can't be further from the truth, in fact I think GBA micro has the best backlighting of any handheld, except maybe DSlite...
It's DEFINITELY worth picking up for 50, you can take it anywhere without a hassle, I love mine...
-Goatman

P.S. Having Bubble Bobble at your disposal 24/7 is pure zen...

[quote name='keithp']Oh yeah, how do you adjust the brightness, lol? I didn't know it had 5 levels, hah-hah...just been playing it on the default of whatever it comes up as....[/QUOTE]

Hold the L button, while adjusting the volume control...
That should do it, good luck...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']The screen isn't as small as you think, when I got mine in the mail I was looking at it and was a bit worrried too, but once I popped a game in, everything was just so clear...
And about the backlighting, I don't know who gave you that bogus information, but it can't be further from the truth, in fact I think GBA micro has the best backlighting of any handheld, except maybe DSlite...
It's DEFINITELY worth picking up for 50, you can take it anywhere without a hassle, I love mine...
-Goatman

P.S. Having Bubble Bobble at your disposal 24/7 is pure zen...[/quote]

The screen is a little small, but not a problem at all. The main thing I was worried about was, being able to read text properly. I popped in a copy of Final Fantasy I and I can read everything great, even at far distances.

If anyone is willing...

I would appreciate it if someone in the Great White North would pick up a copy of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and Mario Pinball Land (I believe both are $19.99.)

If so, let me know!

Thanks,
Steve

i haven't seen mario pinball land, and i've been to 3 different toys r us.

and i only saw one copy of fire emblems: sacred stones, and i picked that up for myself.

I picked up Minish Cap and Tales of Phantasia along with a DS Lite for my girflriend.

I wanted to get her FE:SS and Final Fantasy 4 as well, but they were out of those, and I couldn't find two replacement games she'd enjoy as much.
I wish we had more than one TRU here :(

If anyone of you Canadian CAGs could find me a copy of The Legend of Zelda (Classic NES) for the GBA, I'd be willing to trade my sealed copy of FFIV from the Circuit City sale.

P.S. Feel free to CML, just shoot me a PM so we can iron out the details.

Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and F-Zero GP Legend. I wish the Toys R Us had Donkey Kong Country 2 or Gunstar Super Heroes or something, but eh.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back