Toys R Us Glitch? Buy EM/MJEx/DKCR $50 get COD BO Wii $24.99 and 1/2 off PS3/Xbox360

technics1200

CAGiversary!
Hello Everyone... You all lambasted me last week for Price Matching Batman GOTY for $14.99 at the Kmart sale last weekend so I hope this deal wins back some trust from you guys. Again I'm sorry for breaking the CAG code of honor...

OK I searched and I'm pretty sure this isn't a repost. If it is, sorry.

So Toys R us has 2 promo's going on.
1. Buy Epic Mickey Wii, MJ Experience Wii, or DK Returns Wii and get any Wii game 1/2 off.
2. Buy COD BO, ACB, or NFS HP and get any PS3/Xbox 360 game 1/2 off.

CURRENT AS OF 12/2/2010 11:50am EST
N STOCK MICKEY: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10986723&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

IN STOCK MJ EX: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10986772&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

The "glitch" works like this:

1. Add Epic Mickey Wii, MJ Experience Wii, or DK Returns Wii to your cart for $49.99.
2. Add COD BO Wii to your cart for $24.99 (1/2 of $49.99)
3. Add any PS3/Xbox 360 game to your Cart for 1/2 off (ex. Power Gig PS3 Bundle = $179.99/2 = $89.99 or DJ Hero 2 Party Bundle = $149.99/2 = $74.99)

ex. MJ Experience $49.99 + COD BO Wii $24.99 ($49.99/2) + DJ Hero 2 Party Bundle $74.99 ($149.99/2) = $149.99 total before tax. In-store Pickup for maximum cheapness.

Basically Add one of those 3, then add COD BO for $25, then add any PS3/XBOX 360 game to get 1/2 off that (except for COD BO, ACB, NFS HP, and for some reason the EA Games, Kinect Games, and the Move Bundle don't work- probably because of the deals from yesterday).

---Any game that has "50% OFF ANY ONE of these Xbox 360 or PS3 Games when you buy select games!" in the SPECIAL OFFERS section will then apply 1/2 off.---

Note: It actually also worked with the Dance promo yesterday so if you substituted MJ Experience with the cheapest available dance game (to get the 1/2 off COD BO) Just Dance Kids $29.99 then your total would be $129.99. And yes I know people did the Dance Game + Epic Mickey 1/2 off both yesterday, but I'm not sure anyone made note of the Dance promo stacking with COD BO Wii 1/2 off PS3/Xbox promo.

I didn't even want to post this cause I know it will get abused and I might not get everything I want, but hey Tis The Season!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok glitch is working now If I go to store can i exchange mj game for epic mickey because thats out of stock online

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrTAt_m1po&feature=related

People gave you shit because you lied to a cashier to get that Batman "deal".

The mods agreed and closed that thread. This, if it works, it a legitimate post, if not exactly a "deal". TRU can fix it at any time/cancel your online order if they see that the prices were given in error.

[quote name='realskillz']glitch isnt working for me[/QUOTE]

Glitch is definitely working.

IN STOCK MICKEY: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10986723&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

IN STOCK MJ EX: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10809997&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

1. Make sure you add MJ Exp or Epic Mickey (Both in stock right now) or DK R (not in stock) and

2. Then add COD BO Wii to see $24.99.

3. The only games that don't subtract 1/2 are Move/Kinect Games (because seperate $10 off promo excludes them), COD BO or NFS HP or ACB any system because they are the ones giving 1/2 off, and for some reason none of the EA games are included. So basically any game that has "50% OFF ANY ONE of these Xbox 360 or PS3 Games when you buy select games!" in the SPECIAL OFFERS section will then apply 1/2 off. Add it!!!

[quote name='jer7583']lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrTAt_m1po&feature=related

People gave you shit because you lied to a cashier to get that Batman "deal".

The mods agreed and closed that thread. This, if it works, it a legitimate post, if not exactly a "deal". TRU can fix it at any time/cancel your online order if they see that the prices were given in error.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks, yea I understood why they berated me, though i meant no harm and the clerk was the one who suggested they substitute. I contested it at first and told him this is the $49.99 version and he said no it's $29.99 and it should be $14.99. So sorry man, I know it wasn't a reproducible deal.

This one I know could be shut down at any time, but it already worked for me (picked up from store) and I did put (glitch?) in the title. I don't know how to edit the title, cause I should've said something about 1/2 off PS3/Xbox 360 with 1/2 off COD BO Wii with EM/MJE/DKCR. Oh well. Hope somebody gets joy from this.

[quote name='technics1200']Hey thanks, yea I understood why they berated me, though i meant no harm and the clerk was the one who suggested they substitute. I contested it at first and told him this is the $49.99 version and he said no it's $29.99 and it should be $14.99. So sorry man, I know it wasn't a reproducible deal.

This one I know could be shut down at any time, but it already worked for me (picked up from store) and I did put (glitch?) in the title. I don't know how to edit the title, cause I should've said something about 1/2 off PS3/Xbox 360 with 1/2 off COD BO Wii with EM/MJE/DKCR. Oh well. Hope somebody gets joy from this.[/QUOTE]
Hit EDIT, then 'go advanced' to edit title.

OK Thanks edited the title. Also, besides DJ Hero or the other bundles, the glitch works on most PS3/Xbox 360 games. It excludes any games in the promos: Move/Kinect/EA Games and COD BO, ACB, NFS HP.

---Basically any game that has "50% OFF ANY ONE of these Xbox 360 or PS3 Games when you buy select games!" in the SPECIAL OFFERS section will then apply 1/2 off. ---

never discounts anything for me - seems just as glitched up as the Black Friday 1 full price, 1 $5 deal that never reflected itself in the cart for me...

I assume this will work in store, but yeah this is more like a buy 2 get one free. Not as good as yesterday's quote in quote buy one get one free with MJ and Donkey Kong or Epic Mickey. Did the black ops deal go live today or was it from the weekly ad?

[quote name='zohar']Works for me online. The problem with this though is that you have to get Black Ops... for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

amazon giving 26.25 trade in for it though =)

[quote name='technics1200']Hello Everyone... You all lambasted me last week for Price Matching Batman GOTY for $14.99 at the Kmart sale last weekend so I hope this deal wins back some trust from you guys. Again I'm sorry for breaking the CAG code of honor...

OK I searched and I'm pretty sure this isn't a repost. If it is, sorry.

So Toys R us has 2 promo's going on.
1. Buy Epic Mickey Wii, MJ Experience Wii, or DK Returns Wii and get any Wii game 1/2 off.
2. Buy COD BO, ACB, or NFS HP and get any PS3/Xbox 360 game 1/2 off.

CURRENT AS OF 12/2/2010 11:50am EST
N STOCK MICKEY: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10986723&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

IN STOCK MJ EX: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10986772&type=trigger&promoId=11008094

The "glitch" works like this:

1. Add Epic Mickey Wii, MJ Experience Wii, or DK Returns Wii to your cart for $49.99.
2. Add COD BO Wii to your cart for $24.99 (1/2 of $49.99)
3. Add any PS3/Xbox 360 game to your Cart for 1/2 off (ex. Power Gig PS3 Bundle = $179.99/2 = $89.99 or DJ Hero 2 Party Bundle = $149.99/2 = $74.99)

ex. MJ Experience $49.99 + COD BO Wii $24.99 ($49.99/2) + DJ Hero 2 Party Bundle $74.99 ($149.99/2) = $149.99 total before tax. In-store Pickup for maximum cheapness.

Basically Add one of those 3, then add COD BO for $25, then add any PS3/XBOX 360 game to get 1/2 off that (except for COD BO, ACB, NFS HP, and for some reason the EA Games, Kinect Games, and the Move Bundle don't work- probably because of the deals from yesterday).

---Any game that has "50% OFF ANY ONE of these Xbox 360 or PS3 Games when you buy select games!" in the SPECIAL OFFERS section will then apply 1/2 off.---

Note: It actually also worked with the Dance promo yesterday so if you substituted MJ Experience with the cheapest available dance game (to get the 1/2 off COD BO) Just Dance Kids $29.99 then your total would be $129.99. And yes I know people did the Dance Game + Epic Mickey 1/2 off both yesterday, but I'm not sure anyone made note of the Dance promo stacking with COD BO Wii 1/2 off PS3/Xbox promo.

I didn't even want to post this cause I know it will get abused and I might not get everything I want, but hey Tis The Season![/QUOTE]

You didn't price match anything, you committed in-store fraud. Your searching skills are also fail as there have been several threads about this the last couple days. Thanks anyway for this post.

Guys, I just found that the promo code 'TOYJOY' also stacks with this deal, which will give you $15 off when you spend $100, which will pretty much give you free shipping :)

[quote name='midloo']Yeah but you still end up with Wii games you don't want, right?[/QUOTE]
Meh, Donkey Kong & Mickey I would definitely want. COD: BO...not so much lol. But you can always sell or gift that one ;)

^Agreed. I definitely want Mickey, but I can't quite pull the trigger yet. I am looking at Mickey CE, COD: BO and Sims 3 for $114.90 total after tax and shipping and the TOYJOY promo.

for anyone that doesn't want black ops for wii, the TIV at TRU is basically the price you're buying it for. so...go to the parking lot, open it up, bring it back and get a GC for it.

Unless you're getting the DJ Hero bundles or something equally expensive this whole deal basically ends up being just Buy 2 get 1 free. Essentially in this case your buying 1 at full price and getting 2 at 1/2 price. Not trying to crap on the thread here but just cautioning people to examine the deal before they get too wrapped up into it.

bread's done
Back