Toys R Us iPod trade in - up to $100/iPod

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
eh...not sure how good a deal this is gonna be. i'm sure the $100 is for old iPod touches. prob a whole lot less for classic ipods.

Starts Sunday, limit 3 trade-ins and you get a gift card - you can use it for anything (i.e games, which is really the only reason i'm even posting it here).

Trade in your old iPod at Toys R' Us for up to $100 - Oct. 14, 2010
http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/14/technology/ipod_trade_up_program/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Want to upgrade to a better iPod without shelling out too much cash? Toys "R" Us will offer customers up to $100 for each old iPod that they bring into stores, the company said Thursday.

Shoppers can then put those funds toward the purchase of a new iPod or iPod Touch.

The trade-in program is only available for one week, starting Sunday, Oct. 17 and running trough Saturday, Oct. 23.

Customers can bring in up to three of their previously used but still working iPods to a Toys "R" Us service desk, and the store will make an offer for each music player, depending on the age and model.

Customers receive an iPod "trade-up" card loaded with the total dollar amount of their trade-ins, and the card can be used to buy a new device.

The program won't be available in all Toys "R" Us stores, so shoppers should check with their local outlets. Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) is not a participant in or sponsor of the promotion, and the deal is not available online.

Just curious if anyone has checked this out and what the trade in values would be.

I have an original ipod nano, original 3g ipod, and a junk original ipod shuffle (the ones that look like a gumstick, and after a year turned into a brick), that I wouldn't mind trading in if theres good value.

Wow....thanks to this thread, I did some looking around and figured out that they now have a fix for my original ipod shuffle that hasn't worked in 4 years..... Thanks CAG.

[quote name='alangst']Just curious if anyone has checked this out and what the trade in values would be.

I have an original ipod nano, original 3g ipod, and a junk original ipod shuffle (the ones that look like a gumstick, and after a year turned into a brick), that I wouldn't mind trading in if theres good value.[/QUOTE]

Trade in values are crap.

bread's done
Back