Toys R US now separated from Amazon.com - $25+ free ship now applies to games @Amazon

[quote name='CheapyD']I guess the good news is that video games are now eligible for Amazon's free shipping, when you spend $25+.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Toys r us needed Amazon more than Amazon needed Toys r us.

[quote name='basketkase543']I was thinking the same thing. Toys r us needed Amazon more than Amazon needed Toys r us.[/QUOTE]seriously

cant wait till Xmas when TRU figures out they cant handle the load again and has to give everyone 100 buck gift cards again : )

Brilliant move for amazon. Their shipping is always lightning fast, even the free shipping is faster than Ebgames/gamestop's 3-day to where I am. I bet I'll buy a lot of games new from them now.

[quote name='slidecage']cant wait till Xmas when TRU figures out they cant handle the load again and has to give everyone 100 buck gift cards again : )[/quote]

explain :drool:

Yep, Amazon is losing stores now....I saw Babies R Us did the same (as we just registered as my wife and I are expecting are first child)

Babies R US and Toys R Us are the same store (more or less). Same ownership, same website, same...so you lose one, you lose the other.

As are Gap, Baby Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. (What I mean is they're also an example of a multi-brand company, they have nothing to do with Toys'r'us)

[quote name='panasonic']explain :drool:[/QUOTE]

few years back before TRU joined amazon they couldnt make the orders in time for xmas. Those people who wasnt able to get their orders filled got 100 buck gift cards from TRU. This was years ago

I think you guys are not seeing the potential for the TRU website. The TRU stores have been providing some really good deals that past year or so. Its a matter of time for the TRU website to catch up with the stores.

So I think its going to be good on both sides!

Either way, its one more reason not to step into an EB games (and thats a good thing!)

This is sweeeeeeeeet! I'm sure, Amazon doesn't like losing TRU as a retailer (see the article on MSNBC), but this is sweet for us. Tax and -- to lesser degree -- shipping made me skip Amazon when it came to games.

Will this be permanent? Will new games be sold free of tax w/ free shipping?

Also did someone say Amazon was losing stores? Where do they have their retail locations (can't be many states since almost everyone enjoys tax free shopping from them)?

The thing that really sucks is Amazon's Toy Dept., now just a bunch of scalpers like on EBay, asking wayyyyy too much for old crap:(

At first glance, I thought this was great news. However, I'm really starting to hate Amazon now...I'm happy about the free shipping/no tax thing, but my order I placed on Monday hasn't even shipped yet...if this were the old TRU/Amazon, I would've had my item in my hands by now...Anoyone else have problems with Amazon taking their sweet 'ol time to ship things?

I placed my order for TCIII fairly early (the morning of July 4th), but it was cancelled today. All I have to show for it is a metal foot pedal that I ordered in anticipation.

I ordered Trauma Center on July 1st(When it was actually in stock) and I still haven't received anything. The website says it should be delivered between July 15th-25th. Either way, I'm gonna start complaining a week from now is I don't get my game.

bread's done
Back