Toys R Us online service is garbage...

Ozium

CAGiversary!
Did the buy 2 get 1 free deal back in October and was able to pre-order Bioshock 2.. The thing said "on hold until release date" and well today is the release date so I go to look at my account and it still says "waiting for release date."

I do a search of Bioshock 2 on their site and it is STILL listed as a pre-order and says "estimated shipping date 2/10" but who knows when I'll get my pre-ordered copy...

So I tried to cancel because the release date is here yet they are not sending me the product I paid for...

what's up with that.. maybe Amazon has spoiled me.

Amazon spoiled you, yes.

You're waiting on it because you're going to pay $40 + tax on the game at release. Amazon will be happy to sell you a copy at a little higher than that right now.

Well, if you really want it, go buy a copy from a TRU store and keep the receipt. Then when you get your copy from TRU.com, return that with the receipt, to the store.

And to those of you ready to say it's return fraud can shove it.

the thing is I paid 54.99 for that and uncharted 2 and got brutal legend for free... so they havent charged me for bioshock 2 yet until they ship (if/when they ship it..)

right now I could get bioshock 2 from amazing for 55.99 + a $10 voucher for a future purchase...

just ship my damn copy, tru, the release date has arrived!

b2g1 deals from TRU.com are garbage. It took them a month and a half to ship me a game a few years ago. Never dealing with the online site again.

Is it out today or tommorow? It usually seems games are released on wednesdays.

Moreover, is this really worth a thread? Maybe if it's been a week after the game's been out I can see your plight. Play Uncharted or Brutal Legend while you wait, you're not going to miss out on a key plot point if the game doesn't arrive today.

Today could of been just the ship date from the company who develops the game. The store still needs to get a stock of the game before they can ship a copy to you.

Note that it doesn't say "release date delivery". I'm sure they have a ton of pre-orders to fill, so just relax. It's the day of release, it's not like it's a week after and they haven't shipped. Give them another couple of days.

No, today is the shipping date. Tomorrow is the release date. Once they get the game they still have to merchandise it and that takes a day. It's not physically for sale in 99% of stores until tomorrow. I worked there if that validates my opinion any.

[quote name='Survivalism']No, today is the shipping date. Tomorrow is the release date. Once they get the game they still have to merchandise it and that takes a day. It's not physically for sale in 99% of stores until tomorrow. I worked there if that validates my opinion any.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how I saw Bioshock 2 in every Target and Walmart I went into today, including a couple of collector's editions, I say you're wrong.

What the hell are you doing going to multiple targets and walmarts on a tuesday? Since you're not busy, can you grind through some of my RPGs for me?

hey he never said multiple targets and walmarts.. he said "every" so if he went to one of each and they both had bioshock 2 out his statement is correct ;)

Seriously though 2/9 was the release date, B&M stores had their copies in stock already and amazon was able to do release date delivery... TRU.com is just crap

The dates when products arrives vary from stores. Some stores even get products earlier than the release/ship date. Judging by the current time in my area, most stores should have received a stock of Bioshock 2 by now.

Toy R Us.com apparently has them in stock. Seriously, though, you also have to give them time to prepare your shipping. You started freaking out over lateness that hasn't even been a day. Just be patient.

Also, I'd like to point out a Toys R Us is more of a childrens store, and Bioshock 2 is "Mature" title, so Toys R Us would probably a low priority store to ship such a title.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea that Toys R Us would treat a mature title as low priority in terms of shipping is laughable.. If they really thought it was an issue they wouldn't carry it at all. They are not going to withhold some product from a paying customer because it's mature title..

that being said it is now 2/11 and the thing still says "items located in stock" and my CC hasn't been charged... wtf tru, seriously.

[quote name='Ozium']The idea that Toys R Us would treat a mature title as low priority in terms of shipping is laughable.. If they really thought it was an issue they wouldn't carry it at all. They are not going to withhold some product from a paying customer because it's mature title..

that being said it is now 2/11 and the thing still says "items located in stock" and my CC hasn't been charged... wtf tru, seriously.[/QUOTE]

Why not call them and find out whats going on instead of complaining about it here. What do you want us to do about it?

[quote name='Ozium']The idea that Toys R Us would treat a mature title as low priority in terms of shipping is laughable.. If they really thought it was an issue they wouldn't carry it at all. They are not going to withhold some product from a paying customer because it's mature title..

that being said it is now 2/11 and the thing still says "items located in stock" and my CC hasn't been charged... wtf tru, seriously.[/QUOTE]

Instead of bitching about it in a thread here(where no one can help you), why not call them and ask where your game is?

1-800-TOYS-RUS(1-800-869-7787)

[quote name='Ozium']The idea that Toys R Us would treat a mature title as low priority in terms of shipping is laughable.. If they really thought it was an issue they wouldn't carry it at all. They are not going to withhold some product from a paying customer because it's mature title..[/QUOTE]

No. You missed the point.

It's not Toy's R Us' low priority, but rather the game developers. 2K Games still had to ship it to TRU first.

bread's done
Back