Toys R Us - Online: Use Google Checkout, get $10 off a $30 purchase

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Originally Posted by Xevious
I dont recall anyone mentioning this so I figured it was worth mentioning. Here is the source of my information

http://toysrus.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?mhRlE0y1_VTTZUVUT_yhmh5EtHIkHthPlrRFo hmtHpsDJht

So if you spend $30 worth of stuff, you get $10 back using Google Checkout.

Some Notes:
  • I don't know what the shipping is so it could potentially hurt this deal.
  • Some items have free standard shipping. You will have to look to see if you find anything thing you like
  • I noticed some DS games are $29.99 and I don't know if that will prevent it from qualifying for the Google checkout
  • I noticed there is some free shipping for items $49.99 and up. Again you will have to search to see if anything appeals to you

I found that unless you can get free shipping this deal dies quickly.. shipping and taxes usually are way more than 10 bucks on most items over 30

I just checked the TRU website, some games have free standard shipping, like Trauma Center, which is pretty decent to me. I never shopped at TRU online before, how does the free shipping work out, no order minimum?

[quote name='Xevious']I dont recall anyone mentioning this so I figured it was worth mentioning. Here is the source of my information

http://toysrus.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?mhRlE0y1_VTTZUVUT_yhmh5EtHIkHthPlrRFohmtHpsDJht

So if you spend $30 worth of stuff, you get $10 back using Google Checkout.

Some Notes:
  • I don't know what the shipping is so it could potentially hurt this deal.
  • Some items have free standard shipping. You will have to look to see if you find anything thing you like
  • I noticed some DS games are $29.99 and I don't know if that will prevent it from qualifying for the Google checkout
  • I noticed there is some free shipping for items $49.99 and up. Again you will have to search to see if anything appeals to you[/quote]

Its in the deal graveyard now, but TRU can't even fulfill orders that are over a month old on Wii launch titles from their last "deal". To put Google checkout in the middle of their incompetence is asking for pain. Stay away.

[quote name='grandjedi6']Just recieved this email myself. Google sure is being aggresive in their new checkout service.[/quote]

They have to to justify people switching over from paypal.

^ I have ordered twice (well 3 times not counting a cancelled ordered due to a glitch) and I think the site really needs to have all it's problems worked out. It said Buy 2 Get 1 free on select DS games last week and that was for an offer a few weeks ago so adding 3 games to the cart didn't give a free game. I imagine someone not knowing it was old would be annoyed it wasn't working.

Anytime they have a bundle deal, like save $40 on a system w/ games package, most of it is OOS on the website which makes them look bad.

I was looking at the weekly ad and entering the online numbers from the ad to look up product availability online and the numbers were coming up as invalid.

The site is worse than the site they used to have back before they joined Amazon and that site was a mess as well with it being difficult to navigate through, no way to sort prices etc.

Another annoying feature is if you return an item in store, you get store credit only. I don't think any other store does that and offers your money back for an in store return.

[quote name='FurryCurry']They have to to justify people switching over from paypal.[/QUOTE]

I use my paypal debit card with google checkout. :D

bread's done
Back