Toys R us Portal 2 (360) 2 copies 29.98

Oh shit. BlOps Hardened and Castlevania: LoS SE for $40? Yes, please! Just kidding, out of stock online. fuck.

Can't find a game to make the purchase of the LoS' SE easier. Agh.

[quote name='exaznkid']i wonder if amazon or bestbuy will match this[/QUOTE]

In our wildest dreams, I'm sure.

My question is since C: LoS' SE isn't offered in stores, how can I couple it with BlOps Hardened if my local TRU has it?

Should I order it online to return in store and rebuy?

I just called to see if they had it in stock and they hung up after transferring me to electronics, fucking useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't receive an order confirmation for my portal 2/call of juarez order. I ordered it just as they were sold out. I hope my games come through. And I just signed up for their shoprunner trial to get my games faster too.

[quote name='evenfl0w']I didn't receive an order confirmation for my portal 2/call of juarez order. I ordered it just as they were sold out. I hope my games come through. And I just signed up for their shoprunner trial to get my games faster too.[/QUOTE]

Can you cancel the shoprunner trial after using it? I saw it cost $80/year so I stopped at that point.

Son of a bitch. I was just at TRU yesterday, and it's not near, so I can't go back. Their shipping prices are just ridiculous, too.

It's ONLINE ONLY, says so right in the terms of the deal/on the page itself. But, give it a shot in store I guess.

Have TDU2 and :ds: M&M: Clash of Heroes in my cart but I look at the $6+ shipping and think to myself, do I really need another driving game?

Lame, just so happen to be out of town and the nearest TRU is like 50 miles away....decent selection however the games that are actually in stock for shipping even with deal are kinda not worth it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's ONLINE ONLY, says so right in the terms of the deal/on the page itself. But, give it a shot in store I guess.

Have TDU2 and :ds: M&M: Clash of Heroes in my cart but I look at the $6+ shipping and think to myself, do I really need another driving game?[/QUOTE]

TDU is $10 for PS3 and $17 for 360 in like-new condition at Gamefly.com with free shipping if that helps ease the cost.

[quote name='boogie4114']TDU is $10 for PS3 and $17 for 360 in like-new condition at Gamefly.com with free shipping if that helps ease the cost.[/QUOTE]

It was mostly that I want Clash of Heroes in some format and I figured another game for $10 wasn't bad :p

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's ONLINE ONLY, says so right in the terms of the deal/on the page itself. But, give it a shot in store I guess[/QUOTE]
It's also in store. It's on the front page of the weekly ad.

Fry's Electronics in San Diego actually honored the toysrus online promo and i was able to pick up 2 copies of portal 2 for $30.
:)

I went in to my local TRU to get White Knight Chronicles for $15 and they honored it for me but they would not include it in their buy 2 get 1 free.

[quote name='Odinsfury']I went in to my local TRU to get White Knight Chronicles for $15 and they honored it for me but they would not include it in their buy 2 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this will make a huge difference to you, but WKC2 was just released on 9/13. It includes a remastered version of WKC part 1. Remastered graphics/cutscenes, and the combat was updated. They put the faster battle system into WKC1 that is in WKC2. Not a huge deal though if you were just wanting to try out the game.

[quote name='barrit']Not sure if this will make a huge difference to you, but WKC2 was just released on 9/13. It includes a remastered version of WKC part 1. Remastered graphics/cutscenes, and the combat was updated. They put the faster battle system into WKC1 that is in WKC2. Not a huge deal though if you were just wanting to try out the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware of that. I don't think I'm ready to shell out the money at full price on the new version yet though. It looks like I have 45 days to return it so if I see a good deal on WKC2 I might just return this.

I sold my the Black Ops: Hardened Edition that I picked up during the $10 off CoD promotion. it was the last one there, dang. They still have a prestige edition though.

wkc 1 is in wkc 2, but you can't get trophies for it. you need wkc 1 to get those trophies. but if you don't care bout trophies, just wait til wkc2 drops.

Geez, the only game I would even consider is Castlevania LE or Portal 2.. Splinter Cell is a good game, but its not worth $54..

Looked at the terms, and i don't see how long this will last. Is it all week?

I have been looking for metro 2033 but can't find it for much better than $30 (anyone know of any?) . I don't shop TRU often. Is there any chance of Portal 2 coming back in stock, or do they not refresh their stock during sales?

HAHAHAHAHA. TRU fail again. They must've realized the deal is too good to be true and changed it. It now says "Buy 1 Get 1 40% OFF!"

Edit: Nevermind. Some still say B1G1. I thought they were all B1G1 when I looked earlier today, but now I'm not sure as none of the games interested me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get this.. its buy one get one free and buy one get one 40% off all mixed together.. how the hell does this work? Seems like a friggin mess. The b1g1 free is a mix of stuff form like 10 bucks all the way up to 60

*edit* PLUS hardened edition which i wanted is out of stock for shipping and not sold in stores.. wonderful. Why the fuck is it even there. Christ TRU sucks for these deals. I know store pickup doesn't work, but can i actually just go to the store and buy it for that price or will it be higher? It always seems like bullshit when a store has a price different online and in store. Gamestop does that crap too

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont get this.. its buy one get one free and buy one get one 40% off all mixed together.. how the hell does this work? Seems like a friggin mess. The b1g1 free is a mix of stuff form like 10 bucks all the way up to 60

*edit* PLUS hardened edition which i wanted is out of stock for shipping and not sold in stores.. wonderful. Why the fuck is it even there. Christ TRU sucks for these deals. I know store pickup doesn't work, but can i actually just go to the store and buy it for that price or will it be higher? It always seems like bullshit when a store has a price different online and in store. Gamestop does that crap too[/QUOTE]

All of the ones from the link in OP are B1G1 (click on a game that says B1G40%off and it will also list it as B1G1 on the games page under "Special Offers").

TRU doesn't price match anything, not even their own website. The website is treated as something completely separate from the B&M stores.

"TRU doesn't price match anything, not even their own website. The website is treated as something completely separate from the B&M stores."

hmm really? I got them to PM to their own site for Thor for PS3. I guess I got lucky that day!

TRU really needs to start their site from the ground up again...
went to buy Wheelman & Metro 2033 since they both still have the B1G1 promo on their pages... but in the cart, it only applies todays B1G1 40% off...

but in other news... i did get them to price match the B2G1 free promo yesterday...

just double check the promo's of each game you want to see what they are eligible for but even then... double check in the cart that the promo is being taken off correctly how you want it

[quote name='life.exe']TRU doesn't price match anything, not even their own website. The website is treated as something completely separate from the B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

I think that policy is so stupid. I had this issue at Best Buy (I think their Kinect games were buy 1 get one free an month or so back?) Long story short the online price for Zumba fitness was $10 cheaper in store and to apply the promo they couldn't price match the website. I said screw it completed my order on my iphone using store pickup. A 5 minute trip ended up being 30 minutes because of that asinine policy.

bread's done
Back