Toys R Us SALE - Rock Band 3 for $9.98

Just came back from the Toys R Us at Times Square and pick up the XB360 for 9.98. Those who are in the area and want to get a copy, there are still a lot more in the bin near the entrance of the section.

great price for a good game. it was worth the wait for those of you who did wait. I got mine for $20 months back. being able to import just about all rock band games+dlc (except the beatles of course) makes this game a must buy for a music fan. you can buy all the track pack codes and everything else for cheap now and have a good amount of songs in your game library :)

Thanks to the original poster. I looked online and didn't see any available in my area but still went ahead and called one of the local stores. Turns out they had one copy sitting in the clearance bin and the cashier held it for me. Luckily, I didn't open the copy I purchased a few weeks ago for $19.99, which is currently being returned.

Only found 2 $9.98 PS3 copies of RB3 at the Columbia, MD store (saw someone already buy the last Xbox 360 copy in this thread last night. Made me sad... :( )

The best game in the series... Already have it (for $30 from WM a few months back).

I am now waiting for Rocksmith. I was really pining after the Suier, but I had issues paying $300 for a freaking Squier... If Rocksmith actually works, they'll dominate with that game... I am salivating at the thought of being able to use my Fender American Strat to play.

Saw 2 xbox and 3 ps3 at the store today and didn't even think about it, was so focused on MK, I forgot to buy them. Assuming they'll be gone in the a.m.

[quote name='Bargain Hunter Bob']My store was gutted of all except the DS version.[/QUOTE]

This. I was really disappointed, the only PS3 game they had was Nier. The rest were all shit PS2 and DS shovelware, and one copy of RB3 on the Wii. Even worse, I was going to ask if they had any on their computerized inventory, but the gaming section was abandoned, nobody was even working there. I think I saw a tumbleweed over in the 360 section. What the hell, TRU?

[quote name='daminion']I assume this is game-only? Still waiting on a good price on the bundle myself. [/QUOTE]

This is for the full bundle with drums, keyboard and guitar. All for $9.98!!! :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']This is for the full bundle with drums, keyboard and guitar. All for $9.98!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

i just went to tru after i saw you post that and when they rang me up the bundle was full price. i am a sad panda. :cry:

[quote name='frpilot']i just went to tru after i saw you post that and when they rang me up the bundle was full price. i am a sad panda. :cry:[/QUOTE]

He was unfortunately being sarcastic.

[quote name='frpilot']i just went to tru after i saw you post that and when they rang me up the bundle was full price. i am a sad panda. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Dude...They don't make a RB3 bundle. So you couldn't have scanned one...

[quote name='imacgod']He was unfortunately being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Dude...They don't make a RB3 bundle. So you couldn't have scanned one...[/QUOTE]

i was being sarcastic too... lol

besides, i'm in california and tru doesnt even open until 10am here.

I had picked up RB3 for the 360 last weekend when I bought the new MK for $30.

It was $19.99.

Time to have them price match! Thanks OP.

[quote name='frpilot']i was being sarcastic too... lol

besides, i'm in california and tru doesnt even open until 10am here.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Alright. I was worried that someone would take oasisboy's comment seriously. :lol:

Good show, you two.

My store has one PS3 copy and I believe a few for X360. Most stores don't have these signs up so no one knows about these sales unless you go on here or slickdeals. Even Vanquish still has the $39.99 sticker, lol.

[quote name='louiedog']I think I saw something yesterday confirming that there wouldn't be a Rock Band 4 coming in the near future.QUOTE]
i would say not, since MTV Games closed it's doors in February 2011...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']My store has one PS3 copy and I believe a few for X360. Most stores don't have these signs up so no one knows about these sales unless you go on here or slickdeals. Even Vanquish still has the $39.99 sticker, lol.[/QUOTE]

Is it still $16.99? I don't really trust it unless someone has bought it within the past couple of days.

[quote name='shoe478']Is it still $16.99? I don't really trust it unless someone has bought it within the past couple of days.[/QUOTE]
I bought it when the sale was announced. I'm not sure if it's still valid.
Just checked online. It's listed at $39.99.

here is the list

Xbox 360: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?view=all&categoryId=3591748&s=A-StorePrice-TRUS&pg=1
Crackdown 2
Namco Museum
X-Blades
Street Fighter 4 (Platinum Hits)
EA Sports MMA
Nier
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Clash of Titans
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
Band Hero
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Dante's Inferno
Halo ODST (Thanks GolDRoger)

PS3: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?view=all&categoryId=3591749&s=A-StorePrice-TRUS&pg=1
X-Blades
Band Hero
EA Sports MMA
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Clash of Titans
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Rock Band 3
Kung Fu Rider
Lost Planet 2
Chaotic: Shadow Warrior
Borderlands
Bioshock 2
Rock Band: The Beatles

Wii: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?view=all&categoryId=3591746&s=A-StorePrice-TRUS&pg=1
a lot of shovelware but here are a few of the better ones
Rock Band 3
Cabela's North American Adventures with gun
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 with gun
Red Steel 2
Chaotic: Shadow Warrior
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex
EDIT: Links Fixed

I went to a store here in Houston today looking for it on 360. The girl told me that no store carried the 360 version anymore, just Wii and PS3. I wonder what that was about. I'm going to try another location tomorrow.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT'][quote name='louiedog']I think I saw something yesterday confirming that there wouldn't be a Rock Band 4 coming in the near future.
i would say not, since MTV Games closed it's doors in February 2011...

But Harmonix is still around and it's their series. They are the ones who said they wouldn't be releasing a sequel this year. If they do release a new one, it will probably be a few years or whenever GH comes back.

Yeah, definitely check the stores. The in store locater thing online said none were on stock, but they had one on the shelf.

What's the point of that, anyway? Shouldn't it be directly tied to inventory? Meh.

[quote name='Pojo']Yeah, definitely check the stores. The in store locater thing online said none were on stock, but they had one on the shelf.

What's the point of that, anyway? Shouldn't it be directly tied to inventory? Meh.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they're updated in real time.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Dude...They don't make a RB3 bundle. So you couldn't have scanned one...[/QUOTE]

Sarcastic or not, I did find a ps3 guitar hero world tour complete band bundle for $56 after the 30% discount. A few months earlier I had gotten the special limited edition beatles bundle for $50 from the same store.

[quote name='Pojo']Yeah, definitely check the stores. The in store locater thing online said none were on stock, but they had one on the shelf.

What's the point of that, anyway? Shouldn't it be directly tied to inventory? Meh.[/QUOTE]

You would think, but I've found that with many big box stores, they are wrong more often than not. Case in point, Best Buy's system told me they didn't have any copies of Mini Ninjas, and I called to confirm, which they did. My gf wanted to go get a movie later in the evening, and I checked the PS3 section and sure enough, there was 4 or 5 copies sitting there.

[quote name='Double-J']You would think, but I've found that with many big box stores, they are wrong more often than not. Case in point, Best Buy's system told me they didn't have any copies of Mini Ninjas, and I called to confirm, which they did. My gf wanted to go get a movie later in the evening, and I checked the PS3 section and sure enough, there was 4 or 5 copies sitting there.[/QUOTE]

I never trust store locator's (Best Buy, Target, GameStop, TRU, any of them). Too many times they've been wrong.

Worst example is when Saint's Row 2 :ps3: was $4.99. I went to a store where the locator said they had them in-stock and they didn't. On the way home, I stopped by another store where the locator said they didn't have any...and they had a ton!

The worst offender is GameStop.

bread's done
Back