Toys R Us Skylanders Adventure Pack Darklight Crypt $14.99 YMMV?

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So I just came back from Toys R Us and before anyone asks, yes I caved and did buy Skylanders. Anyway, when I was there I grabbed the two packs they had left and the Darklight Crypt pack rung up as on sale for $14.99 until 01/21/12.

Don't know if it varies by store or not but it isn't on sale on their website.

[quote name='powercreep']So, it's not a scam anymore? ;p[/QUOTE]

I know right? I love all of these people being turned into hypocrites by this game. Too funny.

[quote name='SteveGo']I know right? I love all of these people being turned into hypocrites by this game. Too funny.[/QUOTE]

Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it but I'll probably enjoy the game anyway.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it[/QUOTE]

That's the scam: Thinking you have to buy more to play it completely. You can 1,000-point the game on just the starter pack.

[quote name='Kerig']That's the scam: Thinking you have to buy more to play it completely. You can 1,000-point the game on just the starter pack.[/QUOTE]

I know that but once you get the starter pack, you're hooked like Pokemon and you need them all. :booty:

Don't think this is YMMV. I saw this at my store in Tucson, Arizona this morning and picked it up. There's probably a reason no one's buying it but for $14.99 why not?

[quote name='Kaiser499']Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it but I'll probably enjoy the game anyway.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe next time, you should think before calling stuff a scam. That way, people won't give you shit when you turn hypocrite and buy it.

It was listed as 15 at one store, but regular at the other. The 15 one was sold out. The regular was stocked with 20 of them.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Saw it for $15 at my TRU.
Also tons of Eruptor, Chop Chop, Bash and Zap, Hex, Dino Rag triple packs.[/QUOTE]

lucky. I really wish my local Toys R Us had adventure pack in stock. I want to use my 10% cash back R Us Dollars.

[quote name='xRemnant']lucky. I really wish my local Toys R Us had adventure pack in stock. I want to use my 10% cash back R Us Dollars.[/QUOTE]

You may want to read the fine print on those 10% R Us Dollars. Anything you earned in December cannot be used on any videogame merchandise...so buy some toys or other stuff while you can.

[quote name='dragonjud']You may want to read the fine print on those 10% R Us Dollars. Anything you earned in December cannot be used on any videogame merchandise...so buy some toys or other stuff while you can.[/QUOTE]

I think others have reported that the Skylanders figures and three packs ring up ok with the R Us Dollars as they are considered by the computer not to be video games or video game accessories.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think others have reported that the Skylanders figures and three packs ring up ok with the R Us Dollars as they are considered by the computer not to be video games or video game accessories.[/QUOTE]

Must be YMMV becaue they did not work for me. Had $5. Spent it on 25 M&M mini tubes. 90% off Christmas clearance FTW!

[quote name='confoosious']Or maybe next time, you should think before calling stuff a scam. That way, people won't give you shit when you turn hypocrite and buy it.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's a hypocrite at some point in their life, you'll get over it.

bread's done
Back