Toys R Us Weekly Ad for August 19- 25 2012

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Best deal is obviously buy New Super Mario Bros. 2 ($40) get 1 Nintendo Ds/3DS/Wii game 70% off that costs $20 or less. Thanks Prim4444!!

Free Nintendo 3DS Stereo & Chat headset ($30) when you buy the $200 3DS XL

Buy any Starter Skylanders Pack get a Legendary 3 Pack and Trigger Happy Figure ($35 value)
Xbox 360 Starter Pack is $70
25% off all Skylanders Single Character Packs

Free $50 Gift Card with purchase of $300 32GB iPod Touch.
20% off all game controllers for iPod touch
20% off all games for iPad

Krappy Kurio Tablet $200

$100 LeapFrog LeapPad 2 Explorer

Buy any backpack at $13 or more, get a free lunch kit (worth $10)

Buy 1 get 2 free Crayola markers or crayons.

Buy $40 worth of Hunger Games stuff, get a $10 gift card.
Hunger Games 2 Disc DVD with Digital Copy $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't stack for me... Pikmin 2 rang up as the normal 70%.

Not complaining, since I'm completely happy with a roughly $7 Pikmin 2, but just throwing it out there so no one assumes they're getting 70% AND 40%.

[quote name='Gosha']So the B1G1 40% off is working in store? I might check to see if they have Last Story.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just got Resident Evil Mercenaries and Dream Works Kartz(PS3). DW Kartz was on clearance for 15 bucks so it rang up as 9 bucks. RE Mercenaries is a clearance 19.99 game.

I bought my 3DS at TRU and I didnt notice any ads for the headset or heck even know what headset I was supposed to get for free. I guess it's no big deal in the long run since I would never use it.

If prim4444 reads this, can I go back and get my headset?

[quote name='nnthomas']I bought my 3DS at TRU and I didnt notice any ads for the headset or heck even know what headset I was supposed to get for free. I guess it's no big deal in the long run since I would never use it.

If prim4444 reads this, can I go back and get my headset?[/QUOTE]

Go get your headset and sell it on Ebay. They owe it to you, I'm sure you can find a use for it. I went to BB and got the free hard case. Not to excited about it so selling it on Ebay, even if I get 10 dollars that knocks the price of my XL down a little more.

[quote name='nnthomas']I bought my 3DS at TRU and I didnt notice any ads for the headset or heck even know what headset I was supposed to get for free. I guess it's no big deal in the long run since I would never use it.

yeah, just take in your receipt and tell them you didn't get the free item that was advertised. Assuming that they have any of the headsets left in stock.

LOL! I got your back buddy. Bring your receipt as well as your complete packaged 3DS XL unit back and tell them you're supposed to get the Nintendo 3DS Stereo & Chat Headset (item # 112618) for FREE with the purchase of your 3DS XL (this offer is not good with the purchase of a regular 3DS, by the way). They'll probably do a return/repurchase and this time include the headset along with your 3DS XL unit, so that the FREE headset is noted on your new receipt.

They should've rung this up for you automatically when you bought the 3DS XL, but maybe they were out of stock. If that's the case, then you may want to take it to a different branch that have the headset in stock to do your return/repurchase. Good luck!

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the offer for a free Darksiders 2 guide WBY darksiders 2 has expired correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct! That offer expired as of yesterday, Aug. 18th.

[quote name='Mr.collection']The deals were stacked for me at the store. Got NSMB2 and Super Paper Mario rang up for $3.60.[/QUOTE]

The 40% and 70% off promos SHOULD NOT be stacking. But you're supposed to get the better of the 2 deals, if both offers apply (i.e. if you purchase NSMB2 (3DS) and a game under $20, which you did). If you look at your receipt, you'll see that only 1 promo (the 70% off) was applied.

Could it be that Super Paper Mario (Wii) was already clearanced at $12 at your store, and you just didn't know it?

[quote name='heybtbm']I felt the same way until playing SM3DW. It's unbelievable.

I still don't go out of my way to watch movies in 3D at the theater, and I'll never buy a 3D TV...but some 3DS games are pretty damn cool in 3D when done well.[/QUOTE]

SM3DL did the same thing for me. OoT3D was my first 3DS game, and I played 3D for just a lil bit to see what it was like but turned it off completely after a while... but 3D Land used it right and very creatively.

As for the concern over the wording of "Nintendo console", that can refer to handhelds as well. Plenty of people in the game industry called the PSP and DS consoles due to their power... sure they're handhelds, but they're still videogame consoles.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Well, if you've been eyeing Super Princess Peach, might as well get it for $10.50 with this deal.[/QUOTE]
Super Princess Peach is $34.99 online at TRU, is it on clearance in stores? Or simply a YMMV type of thing? I've always been wanting that game, but it's pretty over priced typically everywhere.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess you made that post before people realized it had to be $19.99 or less.

Question:

If I go to a TRU and buy two copies of NSMB2 in the same transaction and also pick up two wii titles at $19.99 or less in that same transaction will I get both 40% off one copy of NSMB2 AND 70% off both Wii titles?

anyone know?

thanks

[quote name='XombieOO7']The 40% and 70% off promos SHOULD NOT be stacking. But you're supposed to get the better of the 2 deals, if both offers apply (i.e. if you purchase NSMB2 (3DS) and a game under $20, which you did). If you look at your receipt, you'll see that only 1 promo (the 70% off) was applied.

Could it be that Super Paper Mario (Wii) was already clearanced at $12 at your store, and you just didn't know it?[/QUOTE]
Nope receipt says Nintendo Promo 19.99-13.99 and BOGO 40% off 6.00-2.40.

My friend got the same deal up in Michigan.

[quote name='hellboypi']Has anyone been able to get the NSMB2 70% off deal to work online?[/QUOTE]

This still is not working four days later. The 40% promo overrides the 70% promo.
I called TRU and got a lot of automated dialing run-around. Finally I talked to a rep. who after investigating, told me others have called about this.
She told me to complete my order as-is then do a follow-up call and give them the call reference number she opened for me.

It just makes me wonder how many online customers go for the 70% promo but don't realize the math is off and TRU makes an extra few bucks on every order...

Update...Looks like it's fixed...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back