toys r us would not sell me a Premium System

dsullo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I finally find a 360 in Toysrus and they would not sell it to me unless I bought 4 games with it. They had no Call of Duty 2 or Perfect Dark in stock. What a load of crap.

Buy it, return the crap games later. Chances are that the "bundle" isn't going to be any kind of package deal and you could just return it seperate later.

[quote name='dsullo']ohh good idea :)[/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario is that you have to return the whole package with the 360 and then your back where you started anyway. Might as well give it a try.

When I worked there the service desk was aware of all sorts of bundles and would only let you exchange games in the future. They know by the date and what you bought that it's a bundle.

The idea of returning the crap is a good one...if you have the extra cash, that is. Good luck in grabbing it.

[quote name='controlcommerce']corporate doesn't care, it was their idea. The manager is the middle man.[/QUOTE]

Not in this case... there was a memo sent out over a week ago about these bundles. If it will satisfy the customer, we are to allow the purchse of the system without the games. This was handed down by corporate. But apparently, this store never read announcements or chose to be outright assholes about it.

Go back and demand the system by itself, if no luck then call corporate and complain.

put it on a credit card so the extra money won't come out of your pocket directly. then return the crap games and they'll put a "credit" of the dollar amount back on the card.

I bought a bundle launch day from them and just returned the games I did not want a couple of days later. No problem at all.

And if they won't take back the crap stuff complain to the card and they will do a charge back; when they refuse your return of the games tell them you already called the credit card company and that they are in violation of their agreement with them and if they don't credit you back the credit card company will at ther expense.

Get names and request the refusal in writting, also tell them you will file a complaint with the BBB.

I wouldn't even go back and try to buy it w/o a bundle, if you buy the games and exchange them later you can claim you were never told about a bundle and what you got is what you picked.

I got mine there they did the same thing. Funny thing though was I HAD to buy Perfect dark, and ANY 3 other xbox games. It was the day the $10 clearence started and the lady let me buy 3 regular xbox games.

FYI though, they did tell me since they were forcing me to buy PDZ that if I did not open it I could return it later.

Biscuit

as I've stated in all TRU 360 bundle threads, buy all that crap then return it minutes later.

it's not a real bundle, so none of the things you are buying are going to be marked down in price (as with real instore sale/bundles). it will all ring up individually at full price, so you should not have a problem returning it to guest services, sealed/with receipt.

Keep in mind that return policy's aren't required by law -- they're a service to the customer. They can easily refuse your return for any reason.

Like I said above, when I worked at a TRU, bundles were bundles. A return was all or nothing. That could've changed, I guess. You could always exchange them for the titles you want when they come in.

Good luck either way.

[quote name='Graystone']Didn't some bestbuys get in trouble for not letting customers buy a 360 w/o controllers and games.[/QUOTE]

That was a little different. The ad that week didn't say anything about having to buy bundles.

[quote name='eldad9']IANAL, but I believe this kind of bundling is illegal.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it's illegal unless there's a printed ad or sale sign that only quotes the 360 price -- and even at that, if there's flyers posted that say "Sorry, due to the demand..."

[quote name='WebScud']When I worked there the service desk was aware of all sorts of bundles and would only let you exchange games in the future. They know by the date and what you bought that it's a bundle.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen it seems like some TRUs are forcing the bundles and some aren't. Just return the games to another TRU. The receipt will most likely not show them as a bundle package.

bread's done
Back