Toys 'r Us X360 VGA cables for $20 (YMMV?)

dabamus

Banned
At least at my local Toys 'r Us at Chapel Hill Mall in Ohio they have the X360 VGA cables for $20 instead of $40.

I would have picked them up had I not already had an off brand set that works perfectly fine.

Is that the official Microsoft version, or an off brand? Also, I currently use my HD TV as my computer monitor thus the VGA output is being used...In order for connectivity does it require a VGA input?

I just sold a 360 to my friend and he's looking for these cables but doesnt want to pay $40. We mayhave to take a trip to TRU tomorrow for these. Thanks op!

They had both VGA & component microsoft brand cables, as well as, 64mb memory cards for $19.99. This was at the Hamburg, NY store. I grabbed a set of the components for a friend and a memory card for an undecided purpose atm.

Yeah this has been discussed in one of the other TRU threads. The component, VGA, and S-Video cables are all on clearance, along with 64MB mem cards. I can confirm the prices reported so far, I've seen them at my TRU in Overland Park, KS.

Can confirm in Columbia, MD, but I think I bought the last one. Remotes are also $14.98.

They also had several copies of Final Fantasy XII for $9.98.

Yup - got it last weekend in Jersey. Was just visiting Toys R Us after having not entered one since I was a kid. Great place to go for gaming accessories it seems. Got the Official VGA cable for 20 (works amazing compared to a $10 bootleg I got a few months back) and got the Universal 360 remote for 10.

[quote name='J7.']Better off getting vga cable used at gamestop for $10.[/quote]

Good luck finding one. Only 2 within 40 miles of here had them listed online, only to get tehre and find out they were mislabeled components.

Please keep the crap comments to yourself.

[quote name='sp00ge']Good luck finding one. Only 2 within 40 miles of here had them listed online, only to get tehre and find out they were mislabeled components.

Please keep the crap comments to yourself.[/quote]
Crap comments? I went to one and they had 3 MS vga cables just a few days ago, I wasn't even looking for them, just found them by accident.

The TRU in Stevenson Ranch, CA has a peg hook with a 19.98 price listed, but they didn't have any in stock when I was there on Wednesday evening.

I know I've also seen off-brand VGA cables at Target for about $20, too. Not sure of their quality, but I would think they'd be fine.

[quote name='Larrabee213']IS there an advantage of using VGA over HDMI?[/quote]

Only if you have to use it really. HDMI looks better than VGA, but VGA is miles ahead of component(imo)

I currently have component on my samsung 720p 40 inch I bought the vga cable but im scared to try it out thinking ill be disappointed can anyone help me out??? I really bought it with the idea of upscaling dvds but do not want to take away from my gaming experience

[quote name='FatoonsBaby710']I currently have component on my samsung 720p 40 inch I bought the vga cable but im scared to try it out thinking ill be disappointed can anyone help me out??? I really bought it with the idea of upscaling dvds but do not want to take away from my gaming experience[/quote]

I switched from component to a knock-off VGA cable and I couldn't be happier. This is also on a 720p, only 37".

I'm planning on upgrading to 1080p after we move, so we shall see how good it is then.

I only have one VGA input on my HDTV in which I connect to my PC via VGA. So does that mean I would have to switch back and forth from my PC VGA to the 360 VGA, or do they make adapters of some sort? Please help...

[quote name='xMATTxEDGEx']I only have one VGA input on my HDTV in which I connect to my PC via VGA. So does that mean I would have to switch back and forth from my PC VGA to the 360 VGA, or do they make adapters of some sort? Please help...[/QUOTE]

I use a KVM switch on my pc/360/monitor setup ... on mine I double-tap the scroll lock key on the keyboard to switch between the two.

Just checked my local TRU today in Vineland/Millville, NJ.

Tagged at $29.99.

They did have the remotes for $14.98, along with some random guides and such.

Anyone know if they'll still ring up at $20?

[quote name='scottman']monoprice has their own version of these for $10.[/QUOTE]

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=4010&seq=1&format=2

[quote name='hollowfreak']you might need one of these ...
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10416&cs_id=1041602&p_id=1191&seq=1&format=2
which the m$ version comes with

as well as one of these ...
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=2120&seq=1&format=2
which the m$ version also comes with[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4030443&postcount=27

[quote name='J7.']Crap comments? I went to one and they had 3 MS vga cables just a few days ago, I wasn't even looking for them, just found them by accident.[/quote]
It really depends by store/area, My local gamestop barely ever gets any xbox 360 accessories... only PS2 stuff I saw today

bread's done
Back