Trade 2 games and get GoW 3 or Bioshock 2 for 9.99 at BBV

rifle21

CAGiversary!
New for today, an update came through which includes a deal at Blockbuster. Similar to the Gamestop deals, trade in any 2 games from the list and get God of War III or Bioshock 2 for 9.99. Tax will still be charged as if it was 59.99 but not a bad deal. In the future this will apply to any game blockbuster presells, including FFXIII, although I have to think they'll update the list at some point, but ymmv on trying to do it for upcoming games presently. (although Halo: Reach is on the presale list so it may be worth a shot)

All games have both the 360 and ps3 version eligible unless noted otherwise.
No Wii games, sorry.

Eligible games:
Army of Two: 40th Day
Assassin's Creed II
Band Hero
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bayonetta
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
Cod: Modern Warfare 2
Dark Void
Darksiders
Demon's Souls (ps3 only...obviously)
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
Fifa 10
Forza 3 (360 only...duh)
GH: Van Halen
Halo 3 ODST (360 only)
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect 2
Mx vs. ATV Reflex
NBA 2k10
NBA Live 10
NCAA Basketball 10
Need for Speed: Shift
NHL 10
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
Ratchet & Clank Future 2: ACIT (ps3 only)
Rogue Warrior
Saw (PS3 only)
Tekken 6
The Saboteur
Uncharted 2 (ps3)
Wet
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wet w/Edge savings is $22.50(used) @ GS right now (even cheaper with CAG16 if you can find it in-stock online), 2 copies= $45[/QUOTE]

But then correct me if I'm wrong but you would pay $55 total.

Yea, I was looking at this last night but the only way it ends up being really good deal if you happen to have a copy of Rogue Warrior. It can also be purchased on Ebay for ~ $20.

Of course, if you own Rogue Warrior, you may have one of the few copies of the game that's actually out of the retail channel. It may be valuable one day as the rest are likely to end up with ET in the desert somewhere.

I hope my blockbusters stay open long enough to sell Bioshock 2

I'll go trade my MX vs ATV reflex and maybe buy a copy of wet at GS. I dunno what gamestop is giving for it, though.

Nice, was planning to trade DBZ Raging Blast, guess ill go grab a Wet for 22.50 and pay the 10 dollars, ill save around 10ish dollars.

[quote name='metallicoholic']But then correct me if I'm wrong but you would pay $55 total.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're right. Not a deal I'm going to jump on, but it may be a deal for someone. But like I said, if you can find it in-stock online then you can get it for $19 or so, bringing the total to about $50

If you only have one to trade in the Wet deal isn't too bad. Still probably nets more for some of these than you could alone at gamestop.

wonderful

trade in two games that are worth at least $35 and THEN pay us 9.99 + tax for another game..

It's actually good on any $59.99 game (preorder or new retail if you can find a store that actually sells new games...)

Blockbuster just continues to wow us with their latest attempt at digging themselves out from their own grave.

Of course, you know there's going to be some stupid soccer mom out there who is gonna go into Blockbuster and go 'wow that's a great deal' and trade 2 of her lil darlings games in for ONE new release.

After all, no one but a stupid normal consumer would fall for this shit.

Trade in 2 games still going for $40-55 used most places and then give them $10 on top of that. fuck Blockbuster. I hope they enjoy their rightful place next to Circuit City since they have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Lame deal, but for anyone who wants to trade one of those games in you could look for Tekken 6 at Target which just started clearance to pair it up with.

I recall that when Blockbuster first started doing these kinds of promotions a few years ago, you still gt trade-in credit on top of the promotion. I did these a few times and got games for free.

Well I have two copies of Arkham Asylum that I'll trade in for something. Gamestop sent me an unplayable copy and told me I didn't have to send the unplayable copy back when I got my replacement so I'll probably take it over to Hollywood and have them refurb it for $2.

Anyways getting $25 a piece is much more than I would get from trading it in to gamestop and about on par with what I would get for selling copies online.

[quote name='Funkenstein91']I recall that when Blockbuster first started doing these kinds of promotions a few years ago, you still gt trade-in credit on top of the promotion. I did these a few times and got games for free.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that won't work this time around. They're just adjusting the TIV to $25 for each game if you trade 2.

[quote name='strikeratt']Most of these games I'd pay you guys the 60$ for them instead of trading them in ...[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I'll gladly give my GOW3 for a copy of AA & AC 2

There are some people who do just want to trade in their games at $10-25 and not have to worry about getting on craigs list or ebay.
But then again, those people have jobs and money to spend and do not have to cry about how a company is trying to make money to stay open by offering money for goods and selling those goods for profit. What are these companies thinking!!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Blockbuster just continues to wow us with their latest attempt at digging themselves out from their own grave.

Of course, you know there's going to be some stupid soccer mom out there who is gonna go into Blockbuster and go 'wow that's a great deal' and trade 2 of her lil darlings games in for ONE new release.

After all, no one but a stupid normal consumer would fall for this shit.

Trade in 2 games still going for $40-55 used most places and then give them $10 on top of that. fuck Blockbuster. I hope they enjoy their rightful place next to Circuit City since they have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='macuseros9']There are some people who do just want to trade in their games at $10-25 and not have to worry about getting on craigs list or ebay.
But then again, those people have jobs and money to spend and do not have to cry about how a company is trying to make money to stay open by offering money for goods and selling those goods for profit. What are these companies thinking!!![/QUOTE]

:lol: Well, good for them, they like bending over and taking it good and hard. I don't.

But with the way Blockbuster(and Hollywood Video) have been managed, I doubt they're going to remain open for much longer.

As for me, I like getting the best deal for my money/credit and to me giving up two $60 games and then having to pay $10 on TOP of those trades is still f'n ridiculous.

Sounds great.
Who is giving more than $50 credit for Bayonetta and Wet.
I will take my business there.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Well, good for them, they like bending over and taking it good and hard. I don't.

But with the way Blockbuster(and Hollywood Video) have been managed, I doubt they're going to remain open for much longer.

As for me, I like getting the best deal for my money/credit and to me giving up two $60 games and then having to pay $10 on TOP of those trades is still f'n ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

With this promo you're getting $25 apiece and then still having to pay $10. With the expired Gamestop 'trade from a certain list of games, get another new release for $20' promo, people were getting $40+ for ONE of the games that BBV requires you to trade TWO of.

And many people were returning the new games they got with the promo for full refund(credit or cash)and getting $60+ for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With this promo you're getting $25 apiece and then still having to pay $10. With the expired Gamestop 'trade from a certain list of games, get another new release for $20' promo, people were getting $40+ for ONE of the games that BBV requires you to trade TWO of.

And many people were returning the new games they got with the promo for full refund(credit or cash)and getting $60+ for them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was also for a small list of games and is as you put it EXPIRED. There are more than just brand new games on this list you know. Gamestop certainly isn't going to give me $25 for Batman Arkham Asylum or Wet.

True. But I always take into consideration what I paid for the game(s) I'm trading. If I paid over $5 for them, then I want to get back a decent amount.

Had I waited, I could've used my own copy of WET I just got rid of for $12-14 to GS. But I guess that goes back to the convenience factor that plagues many.

But aside from B:AA, Brutal Legend and WET, there are only titles released within the last 3-4 months or so that I see.

It has been forever since I have stepped in a BBV, but it looks as though I make take them up on this offer. Is there any way to tell which stores participate in the trade & save promotions without having to call around town? Thanks in advance!

Hey. You can get 2 copies of Brutal Legend at the bestbuy reward zone sale in 2 weeks for $20/each. I'm gonna get rid of WET(terrible game) and one of those and pick up GoW3. Maybe bioshock but I may just grab that at tru next week. peace

oh damnit, I think they updated the list and took brutal legend and wet off. doh! tell me if I'm wrong or else op should change the list in the 1st post. This deal seemed awesome til I noticed those games were taken off the list. Now I have to find somewhere else to dump WET.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh damnit, I think they updated the list and took brutal legend and wet off. doh! tell me if I'm wrong or else op should change the list in the 1st post. This deal seemed awesome til I noticed those games were taken off the list. Now I have to find somewhere else to dump WET.

bread's done
Back