Trade 2 Games, Get NSMB Wii for $9.99 worth it?

MasterSun1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/trade2

I want to pick up New Super Mario Bros. :wii:, but the only two qualifying games I would give up are COD4: MW :ps3:, since I got MW2, and Tiger Woods 2010 :wii:, since I picked it up for $30 from Amazon and don't play it that much anymore.

COD4:MW :ps3: + TW2010 :wii: + $10 (GS credit I have) = New Super Mario Bros. :wii:

I calculated trading them in individually with coupons/bonuses (coupon for +$5 on PS3 trade-ins & +10% with EDGE) and I only gain $0.75 as the TIVs are base $15 and $17.50 respectively right now ($21.50 and $19.25 after bonuses, $40.75 total). I wouldn't bother trading them in individually to get 75 more cents, especially since the values may have dropped. $20 for each game flat sounds pretty good to me.

Is this deal worth it?

IDK... but NSMBW is an amazing game. I would put it in a class with the great Mario side scrollers. It plays pretty much like a greatest hits of the series.

I'd do it. CoD4 is a 2 year old game whose value is going to plummet now that MW2 is out. If you already have Tiger Woods, no need for a 2nd copy.

The big problem with this deal, imho, is that you have to pay the full tax on $49.99 price. A few places out there have this game brand new for $39.99 (Dell, I think), so, it's kinda an iffy deal. You have to pay the $9.99, but you also have to pay tax on the whole $49.99 amount.

While it does suck, the OP is in Wisconsin which has a 5% sales tax (according to Wikipedia). 5% of $49.99 is $2.50. So NSMBW for $12.50 is a good deal. Not worth paying $40 just to not pay tax.

bread's done
Back