Trade 2 Select Wii Games Get Mario Kart for $9.99 at EB/GameStop

CombatCraig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Photo21.jpg

Sorry if this is a repost and sorry the picture is so bad (all I have is my built in iSight camera)

Exact same deal as SSBB a couple months ago. They had the flyers in store, but nothing online yet. I'm assuming they weren't supposed to be out yet seeing as how some of the games listed aren't even out yet but who knows.

Good deal if you have some old games you don't want or if you can find some clearance titles at Target or CC.

Offer expires 5/18/08

Baroque
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Carnival Games
Cars: Mater-National
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Dragonball Z: Budokai T3
EA Playground
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Ghost Squad
Legend of Zelda TP
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Madden NFL 2008
MLB 2K8
Mario and Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
MOH Heroes 2
MOH Vanguard
Metriod Prime 3: Corruption
MLP Power Pros
My Sims
Naurto Clash of Ninja Revolution
NBA Live 2008
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Pro Street
No More Heroes
Okami
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sims 2: Castaways
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
Transformers The Game
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Fine Print Offer and qualifying titles for trade are subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Titles must be in full working condition to recieve full value. Cannot be combined with any offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associates for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks. Offer expires 5/18/08.

[quote name='Chewy1']this deal isn't pre-order only, right?[/quote]

don't think so since flyer says offer expires 5/18/08. but, they could probably cancel at anytime they wanted. i'm sure there's all kind of legal mumbo jumbo in the fine print of the flyer.

reserved mine today. traded in super paper mario and MP:C. was never going to play those ever again. they took my games and $10 and gave me the receipt to come back on sunday.

Probably a dumb question but since both the games I bought to trade in happen to be new should I unwrap the games or just trade them in original packaging?

[quote name='Franklyn231']Probably a dumb question but since both the games I bought to trade in happen to be new should I unwrap the games or just trade them in original packaging?[/quote]

Yes you need to unwrap them. You may occasionally get an employee who doesn't care but I'm pretty sure they don't allow employees to do that anymore.

I'm debating if I should trade in No More Heroes and Rayman Raving Rabbids for this. Never really got into the former and haven't even touched the latter. I guess I should try the multiplayer on it first.

so i finally bit on this today...traded in Tiger 2007 and RE4. what surprised me is that they put the trade in amt. on the receipt and then bumped each one up to $20...fyi tiger was around $11 and RE4 was $9-something. I was surprised that tiger was going for more than RE4. and of course the dude gave me grief about RE4 (you can't trade it in, this game is awesome!). yeah well, I suck at RE4 and am sicking of getting chansawed in half 15min. into the game. soooo, bring on the KART!

[quote name='Hockey37']When can you pick up Mario Kart?[/quote]

Sunday morning (or afternoon, depending on when the store near you opens).

:bouncy:

EDIT: Just received a call - it appears that some stores are doing a midnight release.

I think the CAG referral part screws it up:

ht.tp://www.ebgames.com/gs/content/MarioKart-Midnight.pdf

Copy/paste and change "ht.tp" to "http"

I have looked and can't seem to find the thread, is the 10% off coupon still being updated?
I would like to use it to knock $5 off of MK.

Thanks

[quote name='hlb96']I have looked and can't seem to find the thread, is the 10% off coupon still being updated?
I would like to use it to knock $5 off of MK.

Thanks[/quote]

only on used purchases, sadly.

There are like 5 gamestops within 2 miles of my house...they're all doing the 20% bonus power trade towards MK Wii. Couple that with your edge card and you can certainly knock more than $40 off of your reservation with certain games (galaxy, lego star wars, RE:UC and other new/hot games). Much better deal if you're trading in more popular games IMO.

long lines :)

some stores do promos - I know for GTAIV my local gamestop has a custom car contest where you can win some GTA swag or a free game or some nonsense. Since i drive a nissan sentra I pretty much ignored this. best bet is to check with your store and see what's up

[quote name='illmatic21']I'm debating if I should trade in No More Heroes and Rayman Raving Rabbids for this. Never really got into the former and haven't even touched the latter. I guess I should try the multiplayer on it first.[/QUOTE]

No more heroes takes 10 hours to beat on easy mode- less if you do it in a couple sittings.
it's resale value is plummeting, but I still think it takes in more than the $20ish eb gives for this deal.

I need some help on picking which two games to dump on this. Off this list which games would be the cheapest to pick up at a later date? I really wish SSX Blur or Prince of Persia was on the list, I would dump one or both of those in a heartbeat.

This is what I have thats on the list:

*Ghost Squad(sealed)
Legend of Zelda TP(opened and never started but this a keeper)
Mario Strikers Charged(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale)
*MOH Vanguard(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale)
Metriod Prime 3: Corruption(opened and never started but this a keeper)
*MLP Power Pros(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale)
*Need for Speed: Pro Street(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale)
Super Mario Galaxy(sealed and dont wanna trade)
Super Paper Mario(opened and never started)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl(sealed and dont wanna trade)
*Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale)

*-Denotes the games I would be willing to get rid of.

I am leaning towards "MLB Power Pros" and "MOH Vanguard" I will never get into the MLB game and the reviews for the MOH game seem really bad.

[quote name='ajh2298']I need some help on picking which two games to dump on this. Off this list which games would be the cheapest to pick up at a later date? I really wish SSX Blur or Prince of Persia was on the list, I would dump one or both of those in a heartbeat.

*Ghost Squad(sealed)

I am leaning towards "MLB Power Pros" and "MOH Vanguard" I will never get into the MLB game and the reviews for the MOH game seem really bad.[/QUOTE]

man, do you actually play any games or do you just buy em like i do? it's like a compulsion.

anyway, i would think MOH Vanguard will be clearance soon. And I think perhaps TW would be updated this year too but MLB Power Pros is probably safer/easier to pick up cheap later.

[quote name='ajh2298']I need some help on picking which two games to dump on this. Off this list which games would be the cheapest to pick up at a later date? I really wish SSX Blur or Prince of Persia was on the list, I would dump one or both of those in a heartbeat.

*Ghost Squad(sealed)
Legend of Zelda TP(opened and never started but this a keeper) (Mario Kart)
*MOH Vanguard(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale) (Wii Fit)
*MLP Power Pros(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale) (Wii Fit)
*Need for Speed: Pro Street(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale) (Mario Kart)
*Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008(sealed got during the TRU B2G1 Sale) (Wii Fit)

I am leaning towards "MLB Power Pros" and "MOH Vanguard" I will never get into the MLB game and the reviews for the MOH game seem really bad.[/QUOTE]

There you go. ;)

Edit: Keep your Ghost Squad.

[quote name='confoosious']man, do you actually play any games or do you just buy em like i do? it's like a compulsion.

anyway, i would think MOH Vanguard will be clearance soon. And I think perhaps TW would be updated this year too but MLB Power Pros is probably safer/easier to pick up cheap later.[/QUOTE]

No I really dont play the Wii games all that much, I have so many because I got my Wii right before all the TRU Wii deals last year and went a little crazy with buying games.

Man, I wish I could trade in DQ Swords...

MP3 and Rayman it is, I guess? Plan on getting MP3 cheap later.

So is trading dvds better at FYE or GS? I want to trade six movie/show dvds along with SPM, GC lego star wars1 and 2, Metroid Prime, and probley another wii game. I want to score MKWii along with House of Dead.

[quote name='snowmint']So is trading dvds better at FYE or GS? I want to trade six movie/show dvds along with SPM, GC lego star wars1 and 2, Metroid Prime, and probley another wii game. I want to score MKWii along with House of Dead.[/QUOTE]

Def. FYE. I don't even think GS takes movie trade ins anymore. I thought they were trying to phase them out

I went to Gamestop today, but they weren't honoring this promotion. The employee told me the deal only applies if you reserve the game, and one can't reserve a game after its release. Since I didn't have the flyer with me, I couldn't show him that the deal runs until May 18th, well after the game's release, so I just left the store.

This is why I don't shop there – I always feel like I'm getting ripped off whenever I do. Granted, this particular promotion would have benefited me more than the store, but this is just something to add to the list of reasons why I shouldn't shop at Gamestop.

(By the way, I was trading Rayman Raving Rabbids and Mario Strikers Charged.)

*Ghost Squad(sealed)

I am leaning towards "MLB Power Pros" and "MOH Vanguard" I will never get into the MLB game and the reviews for the MOH game seem really bad.[/quote]

Those are the games I would get rid of, personally. Actually, I'd get rid of them even without an active promotion like this. But then again, I also don't really plan on getting Mario Kart.

[quote name='mattoz85']I went to Gamestop today, but they weren't honoring this promotion. The employee told me the deal only applies if you reserve the game, and one can't reserve a game after its release. Since I didn't have the flyer with me, I couldn't show him that the deal runs until May 18th, well after the game's release, so I just left the store.

This is why I don't shop there – I always feel like I'm getting ripped off whenever I do. Granted, this particular promotion would have benefited me more than the store, but this is just something to add to the list of reasons why I shouldn't shop at Gamestop.

(By the way, I was trading Rayman Raving Rabbids and Mario Strikers Charged.)[/quote]

You didn't even need the flyer - you could've just pointed them to their own website:

Trade in 2 select WII games towards the reservation or purchase of Mario Kart Wii and pay only $9.99!

[quote name='alison']You didn't even need the flyer - you could've just pointed them to their own website:[/quote]

Yes, well, I didn't have a wi-fi enabled laptop with me at the time, so I unfortunately wasn't able to do that.

Like I said, by not honoring this promotion, they actually benefited more than I would have, because the trade-in value of both games was $22. But they've also pissed me off yet again, ensuring that they won't be getting my business anymore. I used to pre-order and buy all my games there, but I've gradually been going less and less because of employee incompetence. This is the second time in the last 6 months that I almost got cheated out of a pre-order promotion, so I'm done.

Got mine midnight release. Went over to Kmart and bought Tigerwoods PGA Tour 2007 (Something like that) for 10.00 clearance and bought Rayman Rabbin Rabbits 1 clearance for 13.98 (Back in March).

Total I spend 23.98 in both games. They have me 42.67 I think for both towards MK and only played the 9.99.

Saved about $20. Yay! Awesome game nevertheless.

[quote name='mattoz85']Yes, well, I didn't have a wi-fi enabled laptop with me at the time, so I unfortunately wasn't able to do that.[/quote]

Take a second and lower the smartass level, will ya? :roll: I'm sure that there was at least one computer hooked up to the internet behind the counter that the employee could have used to look at their own damn website (and their own damn promotions, for that matter). Not that it matters - you made your point, Gamestop is a bunch of assholes, etc. - I'm not disagreeing with you on that one. There are better places to buy/trade used games, and most certainly better places to get new games, as well.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I somehow doubt she was suggesting that you had a computer on your person...[/quote]

Fixed :)

[quote name='alison'] I'm sure that there was at least one computer hooked up to the internet behind the counter that the employee could have used to look at their own damn website (and their own damn promotions, for that matter). [/quote]

most likely not. Unless its BB or CC most retailers dont give employees internet access. Or they do and just the ones ive worked for hate me...

[quote name='zensation']most likely not. Unless its BB or CC most retailers dont give employees internet access.[/quote]

I had assumed that was a given, which is why I made the comment about having a computer with me. Sorry if I sounded like a smartass :whistle2:#

[quote name='zensation']most likely not. Unless its BB or CC most retailers dont give employees internet access. Or they do and just the ones ive worked for hate me...[/quote]

*shrug* I've had employees look stuff up for me when a question arose. Granted, I hardly shop at EB/GS, so perhaps things have changed since then.

[quote name='alison']Take a second and lower the smartass level, will ya? :roll: I'm sure that there was at least one computer hooked up to the internet behind the counter that the employee could have used to look at their own damn website (and their own damn promotions, for that matter). Not that it matters - you made your point, Gamestop is a bunch of assholes, etc. - I'm not disagreeing with you on that one. There are better places to buy/trade used games, and most certainly better places to get new games, as well.

Fixed :)[/QUOTE]

You're talking about the same company that couldn't process EB credit for awhile.

OK, I decided I'm going to trade those two games in. I don't really have any interest in Rabbids, and if I decide to repurchase SPM again at some point, it will certainly be cheaper than $40.

I'm thinking of trading Rayman Raving Rabbids and Wario Ware. Should I? or are they worth more being sold on Ebay or something? They both have been sitting around gathering dust... but I want to make sure I couldn't get more worth from them by selling them.

[quote name='ImReallyTired']I'm thinking of trading Rayman Raving Rabbids and Wario Ware. Should I? or are they worth more being sold on Ebay or something? They both have been sitting around gathering dust... but I want to make sure I couldn't get more worth from them by selling them.[/quote]

Trade Rayman and keep or sell WarioWare. Find something else to trade.

I traded in Rayman and Resident Evil. I was a little hesitant but damn it was worth it.

Mario Kart is the best game i have for the wii now. Trauma Center(s) being close second.

bread's done
Back