Trade 3 - Extra 10%, Trade 4 - Extra 20%, Trade 5 or more extra 30% - GS/EB Start 5/7

an extra 30% of shitty trade in values is still shitty. Maybe some CAGs will find some good uses for this. These are never as good as the trade x number get x amount bonus though.

According to my math, a dedicated person could buy 6 copies of God of War II using the B2G1 free and flip them for a total profit of about 55 dollars. I doubt any store would allow you to trade in 6 copies unless you had a friend.

[quote name='jer7583']an extra 30% of shitty trade in values is still shitty. Maybe some CAGs will find some good uses for this. These are never as good as the trade x number get x amount bonus though.[/quote]

Yeah.. I saw this and I was like "Ooh, awesome deal." Then I remembered that 30% on $3 isn't worth it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']According to my math, a dedicated person could buy 6 copies of God of War II using the B2G1 free and flip them for a total profit of about 55 dollars. I doubt any store would allow you to trade in 6 copies unless you had a friend.[/quote]

And how do you expect anyone to find 3 used copies of GOWII at the same store to take advantage of this?

[quote name='mtxbass1']And how do you expect anyone to find 3 used copies of GOWII at the same store to take advantage of this?[/QUOTE]
Woah, calm down pal. This was more of a hypothetical.
But, to answer your question I've seen this at two different stores. 4 copies a piece.
If someone could compile a list of 6 new releases that trade 30 (or maybe a bit less) you could flip yourself a brand new game of your choice. It's a lot of trouble, but it'd work, definitely with the 10% trade in coupon. That and you'd be investing about 150 or more in cash to get your investment plus profit in trade.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And how do you expect anyone to find 3 used copies of GOWII at the same store to take advantage of this?[/quote]

Have you been to a game store lately? Stores are well stocked with used copies of God of War II. My store has at least 6 or 7 used, as well as 30+ new. Using EB's local game tracker, several of my stores have "4+" used copies.

[quote name='Scorch']Have you been to a game store lately? Stores are well stocked with used copies of God of War II. My store has at least 6 or 7 used, as well as 30+ new. Using EB's local game tracker, several of my stores have "4+" used copies.[/QUOTE]
Scorch... you... you came to my defense...

I want that 50% bonus coupon back that they had a few weeks ago . . . Although this one has no system restrictions. I may use this to clear PS2 shelf space.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I want that 50% bonus coupon back that they had a few weeks ago . . . Although this one has no system restrictions. I may use this to clear PS2 shelf space.[/quote]

Even then, it wasn't a fantastic deal. It was good, but nothing amazing. It just brought the tradein value to about Ebay prices after fees. Even still, your getting store credit, not cash like Ebay provides.

awesome, i have a few games i almost traded in a couple of days ago but didn't because their card scanner was down! got 3 games to trade in.. now just have to find two more..

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']According to my math, a dedicated person could buy 6 copies of God of War II using the B2G1 free and flip them for a total profit of about 55 dollars. I doubt any store would allow you to trade in 6 copies unless you had a friend.[/quote]how would it be $55 of profit?It costs $45 used so buy two of them for around $100 with taxes.Now trade all three,that would be $75 dollars made since the trade in value is $25.I don't see how could make money on this...

[quote name='snakelda']how would it be $55 of profit?It costs $45 used so buy two of them for around $100 with taxes.Now trade all three,that would be $75 dollars made since the trade in value is $25.I don't see how could make money on this...[/QUOTE]
This would only work during the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. I was also basing this off of the last known trade value in the CAG Wiki.
45*2 with Edge card=

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This would only work during the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale.[/quote]
That sale ends tomorrow for everything but Xbox games. Xbox games currently bring in diddly squat.

[quote name='Tsukento']That sale ends tomorrow for everything but Xbox games. Xbox games currently bring in diddly squat.[/QUOTE]
I know. But we're blessed to know about this sale ahead of time, which is why you'd buy your games tonight and tomorrow.

[quote name='Scorch']Have you been to a game store lately? Stores are well stocked with used copies of God of War II. My store has at least 6 or 7 used, as well as 30+ new. Using EB's local game tracker, several of my stores have "4+" used copies.[/quote]

Yes? I went to 7 Gamestops today. Only one of the seven had a copy of GoW2, which I bought. What's your point? What is true in YOUR area isn't true everywhere.

The EB near me had 13 used copies of God of War 2 Yesterday. I was quite surprised. It basically told me to wait for a while, because this game will be cheap in the not to distant future.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This would only work during the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. I was also basing this off of the last known trade value in the CAG Wiki.
45*2 with Edge card=

Starting 5/7 GameStop is offering a new trade in deal on all games. Trade in 3 games and get and extra 10% trade in credit. If you trade in 4 games and get and extra 20% trade in credit. And if you trade in 5 games and get and extra 30% trade in credit. This offer will not work with any other deals other than the extra 10% from the Edge Card.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yes? I went to 7 Gamestops today. Only one of the seven had a copy of GoW2, which I bought. What's your point? What is true in YOUR area isn't true everywhere.[/quote]

Well, you did say "anyone." :razz:

Ah, if only Louisiana stores had that deal where you get $5 less than the store's trade-in value...that got me a lot of great stuff.

[quote name='ogbaka']if only you can trade in 5+ copies... most stores take only 2 of each title
check today at blockbuster, gamestop, and gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]
I know.
Everyone's busting my balls over this even though I've already pre-refuted every point people have wound up having. I said earlier it was just a hypothethical and you'd be better off fidning similar games to God of War II that would yield the same amount. It was just to show the threshold of this deal, which isn't that high anyway.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']seems like this deal is only good on the higher value of the trade in.[/quote]

finally someone freaking gets it!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude does this work on accessories also? please say yes!

this deal would go good with the costco deal on tony hawks..

say you get 14 copies

gamestop gives $15 each (PS3 VER)

14x15 = 210

30% more for 5 or more games =

210x.30 = 63

210 + 63 = 273

edge card 273 x .10 = 27

273 + 27 = 300

could easily double your profit when spending only about 140..

[quote name='raisin']
could easily double your profit when spending only about 140..[/quote]
Not sure that I would call this "easy", but then again if you had 172 copies of the orginal God of War that you won during a pie eating contest ... now we're talking profit!!

I'll wait for the trade 3 get +$10, most of my shit won't bank me much on a %.

[quote name='raisin']this deal would go good with the costco deal on tony hawks..

say you get 14 copies

gamestop gives $15 each (PS3 VER)

14x15 = 210

30% more for 5 or more games =

210x.30 = 63

210 + 63 = 273

edge card 273 x .10 = 27

273 + 27 = 300

could easily double your profit when spending only about 140..[/quote]

remember, only 2 of each title per trade per day... so your therory works but it cannot be 14 copies of tony hawk!

Can GS - EB accept that when we just come and asking them TRade 3 get 10 % more credit !

This's not on the ad of GS-EB ....!

Ha, I just left EB and some guy was trading in the following...

XB360 (w/ HD), PS2, DS Lite, (6) 360 games (mostly sports, but he had Gears), (4) PS2 games (I saw Bully and God Of War), and (1) DS game.

...why was he trading this in, you ask? For a 60GB PS3 and Resistance. Brilliant.

[quote name='ogbaka']remember, only 2 of each title per trade per day... so your therory works but it cannot be 14 copies of tony hawk![/quote]
itd only take 7 days, or if you visit more than 1 gamestop per day.. itll work

[quote name='Staraang21']Small tip - if you're struggling to come up with 5 games to get the full 30%, scrounge up a couple of old sports games to trade in.[/quote]

sounds like buy 2 get 1 free on xbox games suddenly got a little hotter teehee

I'm kind of wondering how and if this will work with the GI coupon for an extra 10%, the card's given 10% extra, or the extra 10% on reserves. I mean, I imagine it'll partially matter on the store and employees, but there is no way that's all gonna stack, right? Right!?

[quote name='Ilario7886']I'm kind of wondering how and if this will work with the GI coupon for an extra 10%, the card's given 10% extra, or the extra 10% on reserves. I mean, I imagine it'll partially matter on the store and employees, but there is no way that's all gonna stack, right? Right!?[/QUOTE]
If it did though, the deal would become a whole lot better.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']According to my math, a dedicated person could buy 6 copies of God of War II using the B2G1 free and flip them for a total profit of about 55 dollars. I doubt any store would allow you to trade in 6 copies unless you had a friend.[/quote]

Really? How do you figure?

bread's done
Back