Trade 3 - Extra 10%, Trade 4 - Extra 20%, Trade 5 or more extra 30% - GS/EB Start 5/7

[quote name='Staraang21']Small tip - if you're struggling to come up with 5 games to get the full 30%, scrounge up a couple of old sports games to trade in.[/quote]
I suppose if you had one or two recent releases to trade in this would be good, but keep in mind (like a previous poster said) that an extra 30% of a shitty title is still shitty (i.e. 30% + $2 = $2.60).

[quote name='JJSP']Ha, I just left EB and some guy was trading in the following...

XB360 (w/ HD), PS2, DS Lite, (6) 360 games (mostly sports, but he had Gears), (4) PS2 games (I saw Bully and God Of War), and (1) DS game.

...why was he trading this in, you ask? For a 60GB PS3 and Resistance. Brilliant.[/quote]
This floors me, with a little bit of work and about a week and a half, you could sell all of this shit on EBay (even with the fees) and make a ton more money off of it ... some people are dumb.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I suppose if you had one or two recent releases to trade in this would be good, but keep in mind (like a previous poster said) that an extra 30% of a shitty title is still shitty (i.e. 30% + $2 = $2.60).[/QUOTE]

my point was that if you had a couple of games that were actually worth trading in, you could grab a couple of old sports games that might be lying around to trade in just to make the quota of 5 games.

it works out for me since i have 2 FFIIIs (one with box, one cart only) and a FFV. FFIII trades in for $17. $17 + 30% = $22.10. That's definitely more than i could get on ebay for a cart only FFIII.

[quote name='raisin']this deal would go good with the costco deal on tony hawks..

say you get 14 copies

gamestop gives $15 each (PS3 VER)

14x15 = 210

30% more for 5 or more games =

210x.30 = 63

210 + 63 = 273

edge card 273 x .10 = 27

273 + 27 = 300

could easily double your profit when spending only about 140..[/quote]

Not really that easy as others have said. Would need to trade 5 copies in at once and no store will let you trade 5 copies. So you would need 14 copies and 21 filler games to trade in assuming they let you trade in 2 at a time. if not you would need 56 filler games.

[quote name='atomsk']So if you can't stack with the coupon, you can at least stack with the More card right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can. However, depending on whether or not jackass fucks work at your gamestop, like they do mine, they might try and tell you you can't.

I'm headed there after work to trade five games for 40% extra credit (assuming they stack with the Edge card). Four of them are trash but one has good trade-in value, so that makes it a great deal. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']
This floors me, with a little bit of work and about a week and a half, you could sell all of this shit on EBay (even with the fees) and make a ton more money off of it ... some people are dumb.[/QUOTE]
My favorite part is that he didn't have the charger for the DS Lite with him, so the manager told him they could either give him $30 for the DS Lite without a charger, or he could buy one for $10 and trade it in with it to get full credit.

Just came back from EB. Here's how my trades broke down:

NBA Live 2002 (Xbox) 0.25 -> 0.35
NFL 2K3 (PS2) 0.50 -> 0.70
FFIII (DS) 14.00 -> 19.60
FFIII (DS) 14.00 -> 19.60
FFV (GBA) 9.00 -> 12.60

Total: 52.85

I also bought the following:
DKC (GBC) 4.99 -> 4.49
Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) 4.99 -> 2.99

For those who are wondering, Edge/More stacks with the promo. Now for whatever reason it applyed the same promo (Promo #2002) to Zelda: 4.99 - 1.50 - 0.50 = 2.99. I know it's not a trade-in but that's what it says on the receipt. I wasn't gonna argue.
Second thing, be watchful of the trade-in values. In typical GS fashion, they've lowered the trade-in values. Just two days ago FFIII and FFV were trading in for $17 and $10 respectively. They're now trading in for $14 and $9. It still worked out a little better that I traded them in today rather than last week.

yeah, the trade price drop to coincide with "trade deal" is becoming the norm at this place now.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah, the trade price drop to coincide with "trade deal" is becoming the norm at this place now.[/quote]

That just sickens me.

I about to go to EB-GS ! But i don't know if they let me trade 3 games and up so u can get 10 % more .......How do they know ? that my question ?

Remember when we all though trade values would increase to compensate for the $10 increase in next gen games? They even did for a while, I remember trading in a few 360 games at $35. Now you look at the 360 and PS3 game tradein values on their website and there isn't a single one that trades in over $30. fuckin' Spinter Cell Double Agent for PS3, which just came out, is the highest at $27. Ghost Recon AW2 which isn't even 2 months old is at $25, Crackdown is $20, etc. Gamecrazy is absolutely killing them with their trade-in values, even with this deal. For example, I saw that GRAW2 trades in for $33 at Gamecrazy (before their discount card) so even with this deal of an extra 30% your still getting a better trade-in value at Gamecrazy and you don't have to trade anything else in.

yeah, EBStop's trade value on new stuff will just continue to fall until people stop giving them their games. As long as those $55 for sale used items are coming in for $20-25, why change? It's customers that are the problem..

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Remember when we all though trade values would increase to compensate for the $10 increase in next gen games? They even did for a while, I remember trading in a few 360 games at $35. Now you look at the 360 and PS3 game tradein values on their website and there isn't a single one that trades in over $30. fuckin' Spinter Cell Double Agent for PS3, which just came out, is the highest at $27. Ghost Recon AW2 which isn't even 2 months old is at $25, Crackdown is $20, etc. Gamecrazy is absolutely killing them with their trade-in values, even with this deal. For example, I saw that GRAW2 trades in for $33 at Gamecrazy (before their discount card) so even with this deal of an extra 30% your still getting a better trade-in value at Gamecrazy and you don't have to trade anything else in.[/QUOTE]

Spider-Man 3 for the 360 came out Friday, and its trade in value is $27, when I asked on Saturday. Man I wish I could return it.

[quote name='Staraang21']it's a shame Gamecrazy isn't more widespread or i'd give them my business. it would be nice if EB/GS had some healthy competition.[/quote]

I have to pass 4 EBs just to get to my Gamecrazy. Yet there is a real close Hollywood video but it doesn't have one :cry:

Gamecrazy is absolutely killing them with their trade-in values, even with this deal.

As I stood in front of the Costco Tony Hawk sale I phoned both GS/EB and Gamecrazy for trade in prices out of curiosity and a laugh.

Gamestop/EB: PS3/360 versions 13/14 BUCKS. Gamecrazy was between 25 and 30. roughly. I couldnt believe the difference:hot: well actually I can.

[quote name='Staraang21']it's a shame Gamecrazy isn't more widespread or i'd give them my business. it would be nice if EB/GS had some healthy competition.[/quote]

I'm all for competition, but I can't stand Gamecrazy, for two reasons:

1) The sales clerks are taught to be unrelenting in pushing their discount cards... they don't take no for an answer. They're a hundred times worse than EB/GS... more along the lines of Amway.

2) The condition of the games (and cases) is pitiful... probably due to the fact that a large percentage of them are former rentals (GC is part of Hollywood Video).

Having said that, there's no reason not to trade in games there if you're getting a better deal.

well that sucks. in that case, maybe if FYE would get their act together, EB/GS would feel the squeeze. they're so anal about their discs' condition.

Went to local Gamestop today. Bought Max Payne 2 Xbox, Madden 04 Xbox and Sega GT Xbox all used for under 4 bucks.

Turned around, traded them back in along with Spiderman 3 Wii and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz Wii and got 30% extra plus 10% edge PLUS 10% GI coupon! My subscription ends this month so they were all helpful so I would renew. 1 of the worker was trying to get me another 10% for paying Resident Evil 4 preorder but they can only stack 3 things or the computer stops it.

Spiderman 3 - $22 after 50% $33.22
Monkey Ball $14 after 50% $21.14
Max Payne .50
Madden .25
Sega GT .50

Total - 56.27

[quote name='jza1218']Spider-Man 3 for the 360 came out Friday, and its trade in value is $27, when I asked on Saturday. Man I wish I could return it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet money the trade-in value at Gamecrazy is $33. Once I've used up my remaining credit by picking up my Forza 2 pre-order, I'm done with EB/GS until they decide they want to start competing again.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Went to local Gamestop today. Bought Max Payne 2 Xbox, Madden 04 Xbox and Sega GT Xbox all used for under 4 bucks.

Turned around, traded them back in along with Spiderman 3 Wii and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz Wii and got 30% extra plus 10% edge PLUS 10% GI coupon! My subscription ends this month so they were all helpful so I would renew. 1 of the worker was trying to get me another 10% for paying Resident Evil 4 preorder but they can only stack 3 things or the computer stops it.

Spiderman 3 - $22 after 50% $33.22
Monkey Ball $14 after 50% $21.14
Max Payne .50
Madden .25
Sega GT .50

Total - 56.27[/quote]

This is why i love goozex, your deal was great for gamestop but kinda decent for goozex, you def would have been able to get more on Spiderman 3 and break even on SMB

Ugh,

I give gamecrazy my business more and more. I wonder how long it'll be b4 they (eb/GS) purchase them.

EB/GS won't buy out Gamecrazy. GC is owned fully by Hollywood Video, it's an offshoot of them. First, EB/GS would have to be willing to buy out an entire rental chain which kind of doesn't make sense given the cost would outweigh any gains they'd receive. Secondly, GC may go out of business anyways. Hollywood Video, along with Blockbuster and a lot of other rental places are facing some serious competition from Gamefly/Netflix and such and lowered retail prices for their primary rental areas - films. In my area alone most of the Hollywood Videos have been closed and its obvious Blockbuster is starting to fall under as well given the fact noone is ever in any of them. I know anecdotal evidence is poor but it is a growing trend nationwide. Essentially EB/GS can just wait for Gc and Hollywood to fail on their own.

just starting learning about the concept of trading in games. i have about 8 games to trade in consisting of random psp/2 games,resistance and saints row. im not sure if i should go to eb and do this. or... i just found out i live near a game crazy, im still not sure. hopefully a cag can give me a good perspective.
also what exactly is the mvp gamecrazy card? im interested, i feel ill get the best opinions in a trade-in thread.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']just starting learning about the concept of trading in games. i have about 8 games to trade in consisting of random psp/2 games,resistance and saints row. im not sure if i should go to eb and do this. or... i just found out i live near a game crazy, im still not sure. hopefully a cag can give me a good perspective.
also what exactly is the mvp gamecrazy card? im interested, i feel ill get the best opinions in a trade-in thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a copy of Saint's Row for a decent price, or trade.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm looking for a copy of Saint's Row for a decent price, or trade.[/quote]

naw im not in the mood to do trades at the moment i just wanna clean out my collection kind of. i wanna trade it in. thanks anyways.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']naw im not in the mood to do trades at the moment i just wanna clean out my collection kind of. i wanna trade it in. thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad, I'm guessing they'll give you around $10-12 for it in credit, I'd have paid more than that in cash.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'd be willing to bet money the trade-in value at Gamecrazy is $33. Once I've used up my remaining credit by picking up my Forza 2 pre-order, I'm done with EB/GS until they decide they want to start competing again.[/QUOTE]

I wish GameCrazy was near me. Can you believe that in the NYC area there are 2, and none are close to me?

So...GameCrazy universally better for trade-ins? I haven't traded anything in at EB in a long time, but I guess I know where I'm going now. :)

Anyone happen to know the trade-in value of Marvel: UA (360) at GameCrazy?

I would love to start using GameCrazy for trades, but the biggest issue for me is that I have 6 GS/EB stores in my area compared to 1 GameCrazy, chances are I can find what I'm looking for in those 6 stores. Then again, my experiences at those stores is lackluster at best. I may start using them for purchasing new titles and migrate over.

Does GameCrazy still get games shipped to them from other stores (if they don't have a used title you're looking for)?

Also, does this exclude the usual (demos and the BK games)? If not, seems like it'd be a decent time to use the BK games to reach that extra trade value.

Glad to hear there is somewhere you can get decent prices on trade-ins without some bogus promotion used to cover up drops in trade-in values. Game Crazy is getting my games from now on.

Whatever happened to FuncoLand? I was just starting to drive when they got bought out, what a shame.

Ugh. I thought I was so clever and barely made out at all - I picked up 3 PS3 copies of Tony Hawk at Costco for $10 each and traded them in for $15 + 10% = $16.50 per game. The problem is that I still had to pay tax at costco on the original price ($4 each) so I ended up only making about $2.50 per game, or about $18 total if you count the $10 costco gift card I used. Still, it's money I would have spent anyway with a little free money thrown in, but it sucks to see them toss the sealed copies on a stack and know that they're just going to mark them at new or near-retail prices.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']$30.00 Instore credit or $24.00 in cash.

Gamestop gives $20.00 in store credit and I think 20% off of that in cash.[/quote]
That's awesome. Thanks!

[quote name='mephitical']Ugh. I thought I was so clever and barely made out at all - I picked up 3 PS3 copies of Tony Hawk at Costco for $10 each and traded them in for $15 + 10% = $16.50 per game. The problem is that I still had to pay tax at costco on the original price ($4 each) so I ended up only making about $2.50 per game, or about $18 total if you count the $10 costco gift card I used. Still, it's money I would have spent anyway with a little free money thrown in, but it sucks to see them toss the sealed copies on a stack and know that they're just going to mark them at new or near-retail prices.[/quote]

did you get to play the game at least?

These deals kind of worthless if you have a game crazy nearby. My stack of old xbox and gamecube games came up at 33 dollars with the 30%, at game crazy it was about 40 and with about a quarter of the games not counting.

[quote name='GBmanNC']These deals kind of worthless if you have a game crazy nearby. My stack of old xbox and gamecube games came up at 33 dollars with the 30%, at game crazy it was about 40 and with about a quarter of the games not counting.[/QUOTE]

WTF ??????

[quote name='mephitical']Ugh. I thought I was so clever and barely made out at all - I picked up 3 PS3 copies of Tony Hawk at Costco for $10 each and traded them in for $15 + 10% = $16.50 per game. The problem is that I still had to pay tax at costco on the original price ($4 each) so I ended up only making about $2.50 per game, or about $18 total if you count the $10 costco gift card I used. Still, it's money I would have spent anyway with a little free money thrown in, but it sucks to see them toss the sealed copies on a stack and know that they're just going to mark them at new or near-retail prices.[/QUOTE]
Many CAGers would have given you what EBgames gave you.

[quote name='mephitical']Ugh. I thought I was so clever and barely made out at all - I picked up 3 PS3 copies of Tony Hawk at Costco for $10 each and traded them in for $15 + 10% = $16.50 per game. The problem is that I still had to pay tax at costco on the original price ($4 each) so I ended up only making about $2.50 per game, or about $18 total if you count the $10 costco gift card I used. Still, it's money I would have spent anyway with a little free money thrown in, but it sucks to see them toss the sealed copies on a stack and know that they're just going to mark them at new or near-retail prices.[/quote]
Where in the heck do you live that you are charged 40% sales tax?

edit: I see that it says you had to pay the tax on the original price. That's stupid.

Yeah, I am still kicking myself - I should have been more forward with the GS clerk in figuring out how much I was getting. I would much rather have had the games go to someone who would appreciate them.
I don't have a PS3 - I actually went for the Wii version for myself. The Issaquah, WA Costco still had lots of PS3. Maybe I'll make a run today to get some CAG trade fodder. I still want the Wii version, just can't find it.

I'll keep my sale fodder until they return the trade 3, get $10 extra bonus. It was a treat trading in games (and JamPacks, in my case!) with no resale value (even on eBay) and getting the $10 bonus.

My FFXII LE was paid entirely with the $10 stacked bonuses.

...I guess this means I'll never trade-in games to GS again since they like percentage scales.

[quote name='Caliburn']I'll keep my sale fodder until they return the trade 3, get $10 extra bonus. It was a treat trading in games (and JamPacks, in my case!) with no resale value (even on eBay) and getting the $10 bonus.

My FFXII LE was paid entirely with the $10 stacked bonuses.

...I guess this means I'll never trade-in games to GS again since they like percentage scales.[/quote]
I don't think they will do the bonus $10 with the older systems anymore. Just my thoughts.

Here's my marvelous trade-in:
Dragon Ball Z Budokai PS2 - $1
Siren PS2 - $2
Armored Core 2 Advanced Age PS2 - $2
Armored Core 2 PS2 - $2
Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits PS2 - $1
All before bonuses in case someone wants to update wiki

I'm pretty much done with GS/EB. I traded in about 10 games on the +50% deal and ended up walking out with $120 in credit, then with the B2G1 I picked up 3 XBox360 games (Burnout, Tomb Raider, and Battlefield 2) and 3 older titles (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, and RE4 (cube)) to have about $38 left over.

Today I went and picked up a new GB Micro with the left over credit and will start taking my stuff to Game Crazy since it seems they will give me better credit. I have some games to get rid of, if I ever get a PS3 I may take the older games in to help aliviate that debt.

I saw the trade 5 get an additional 30% thread here, and brought in 7 games today. After the trade I realized I received an extra 10% for the GMR Card. Is this going on at all GS stores? Is there any on-line evidence I can show my store?

bread's done
Back