Trade 3 - Extra 10%, Trade 4 - Extra 20%, Trade 5 or more extra 30% - GS/EB Start 5/7

[quote name='monkeydeew']hella jaded lol[/quote]

Jaded? Because we actually like to get something decent for our used games, which most of us surely keep in MINT condition AND complete. Sure, I've traded stuff to GS before, even EB before they merged into EvilStop and I regret every one of those trades just about.

Why? Because NOW, it's taking forever to find ANY of the games I traded away and SOME of those games have become 'rare' and are in the exorbitant price range to rebuy.

Either way, the ONLY time I haven't regretted trading to GS's stores in recent memory was the last time they had the trade 3, get $10 extra trade deal. I can't even count all the copies of the Clancy Triple Pack that I opened up and traded as 3 seperate games to get the extra $10. Thing is, the games themselves get a mere buck(or at least they DID before they even eliminated the $1 minimum on games), so the $10 bonus was my real $$$, plus I got another 10% for my edge card bonus.

I probably had about $200ish in credit from maybe $40-50 in clearance games and most of those umpteen copies of the Clancy games are STILL sitting at my local stores collecting dust. So yeah, I feel DAMN good about taking advantage of their system THAT way.

If they didn't charge more than most retail stores, my advice for most people looking to get decent trade money for their games would be FYE, since they give really good money in many cases for games.

Hell, they used to give $12-14 for a game that cost $2-4 at Gamestop, so what does THAT say about THEM compared to GS?

Ahhhh well, people will be dumb and take anything for their games because they're too impatient to shop around and make sure they're getting the BEST trade value for their games.

nice trade in with the tom clancy games, but i think you meant the best deal was trade 2 get 10$ bonus (extra 5$ per game instead of 3.33). its just funny when people come here mitching and boaning about trading in to gs. isnt rule number 2, gs will always give you a very lowball offer that you can usually at least double on ebay? stop mitching guys be pro-active!

Ebay, if possible is the only way to go. For example I give you the following games I sold last week, with their EB/GS trade in.

First price is what I sold for, and second price is trade in value. Also shown is the last time the price was updated, so I'm sure its even less now:

$36.99 / $30 Super Paper Mario Nintendo Wii (4-18-07)
$34.99 / $25 Wario Ware: Smooth Moves Wii Nintendo (4-13-07)
$19.99 / 12 Mario Kart: Double Dash!! GameCube Wii (10-6-06)
$34.99 / $20 Marvel Ultimate Alliance Xbox 360 (2-20-07)
$39.99 / $20 Crackdown Xbox 360 (4-14-07)

$167 Before fees / $107 (assumed to be less, with more current trade values) before extra 30%

$150 After fees / $139 (assumed to be less, with more current trade values)After extra 30%

And of course I get real money with eBay, rather than store credit, when my stores has such crappy selections :)

[quote name='Stingermck']Ebay, if possible is the only way to go. For example I give you the following games I sold last week, with their EB/GS trade in.

First price is what I sold for, and second price is trade in value. Also shown is the last time the price was updated, so I'm sure its even less now:

$36.99 / $30 Super Paper Mario Nintendo Wii (4-18-07)
$34.99 / $25 Wario Ware: Smooth Moves Wii Nintendo (4-13-07)
$19.99 / 12 Mario Kart: Double Dash!! GameCube Wii (10-6-06)
$34.99 / $20 Marvel Ultimate Alliance Xbox 360 (2-20-07)
$39.99 / $20 Crackdown Xbox 360 (4-14-07)

$167 Before fees / $107 (assumed to be less, with more current trade values) before extra 30%

$150 After fees / $139 (assumed to be less, with more current trade values)After extra 30%

And of course I get real money with eBay, rather than store credit, when my stores has such crappy selections :)[/QUOTE]

there's two ways to argue this issue. one could also say that you only got $11 more for which you had to put in time and effort to list and pack and ship the items. Granted you did get cash, but for folks who plan on buying stuff in the future from EB/GS anyway, that part won't matter as much. not to mention any potential problems with troublemaking bidders. don't get me wrong, i use ebay quite a bit, but it's not without its drawbacks. just a matter of individual situation and preference i suppose.

[quote name='Staraang21']there's two ways to argue this issue. one could also say that you only got $11 more for which you had to put in time and effort to list and pack and ship the items. Granted you did get cash, but for folks who plan on buying stuff in the future from EB/GS anyway, that part won't matter as much. not to mention any potential problems with troublemaking bidders. don't get me wrong, i use ebay quite a bit, but it's not without its drawbacks. just a matter of individual situation and preference i suppose.[/QUOTE]

True. I only use Buy it Now on my listings, with Paypal only and verified bidders. It takes about a minute to list an item, and maybe 2 Min's to print a label on an envelope, and send it from my house.

Plus my experience at GS has just sucked through the years. From being triple charged for a game, to receiving the wrong game (numerous times), and general crappy service. So in that aspect, I just try not to deal with them if I can help it.

Don't get me wrong, I always get excited when I see deals with extra trade in credit, but then it goes away quickly when i check trade in values :whistle2:s

**And I cant forget the 5 times ive sold MVC2 for $80-$100, instead of $27 at GS :)

[quote name='Staraang21']there's two ways to argue this issue. one could also say that you only got $11 more for which you had to put in time and effort to list and pack and ship the items. Granted you did get cash, but for folks who plan on buying stuff in the future from EB/GS anyway, that part won't matter as much. not to mention any potential problems with troublemaking bidders. don't get me wrong, i use ebay quite a bit, but it's not without its drawbacks. just a matter of individual situation and preference i suppose.[/QUOTE]

Another consideration is that all of those titles are fairly high profile high demand games. When you start getting to the B-List non blockbuster stuff, GameStop knows it's rape time.

[quote name='Stingermck']True. I only use Buy it Now on my listings, with Paypal only and verified bidders. It takes about a minute to list an item, and maybe 2 Min's to print a label on an envelope, and send it from my house.

Plus my experience at GS has just sucked through the years. From being triple charged for a game, to receiving the wrong game (numerous times), and general crappy service. So in that aspect, I just try not to deal with them if I can help it.

Don't get me wrong, I always get excited when I see deals with extra trade in credit, but then it goes away quickly when i check trade in values :whistle2:s

**And I cant forget the 5 times ive sold MVC2 for $80-$100, instead of $27 at GS :)[/QUOTE]

I agree. basically the only time i'll do any trade-in or purchase at GS is if it benefits me. and usually it costs them.

[quote name='jer7583']Another consideration is that all of those titles are fairly high profile high demand games. When you start getting to the B-List non blockbuster stuff, GameStop knows it's rape time.[/QUOTE]

i'm all about raping GS. :)

well, not meaning sports titles even. talking $5 for $20 GH type games.

[quote name='Staraang21']i'm all about raping GS. :)[/quote]

reminds me of when i traded in chicken little and sponge bob for super paper mario a few weeks back :)

does any one have the game informer coupon scan? is it another 10% trade in credit?

i see some posts here refering to it and my GS rep told me he would stack it if the computer took it. thanks in advance

[quote name='monkeydeew']would using scans of the game informer 10% coupon make me a 'dealer' and disqualify my trade?[/QUOTE]

would you happen to have a link to the scan?

[quote name='monkeydeew']i wish i used mines a few weeks ago[/QUOTE]

Cool...if anyone has one or knows a link to the scan, i would greatly appreciate it.

Im going to Gamestop today to trade in 5+ games to get Godfather used. They have 1 copy left.

I decided to trade in a lot of my unwanted games, after not having success trading on CAG.

Here are some trade in prices after the 30% off promo, 10% GI coupon and 10% Edge Card

Cooking Mama (DS): $12.60
Beyond Good and Evil (GC): $8.40
Burnout Revenge (360): $14.00
Crimson Skies (Xbox): $1.05
Tekken 5 (PS2): $11.20
Devil May Cry 3 (PS2): SE: $9.80
Far Cry Instincts (360): $14.00
Kameo (360): $8.40
Indigo Prophecy (PS2): $8.40
Tomb Raider Legends (360): $11.20
Project Gotham Racing 3 (360): $8.40

TOTAL: $107.45

I picked up a copy of Senko No Ronde (360) with the credit. Woo!

Finally stopped waiting for a fellow Cager to scan the GI coupon. Here my booty after 40%

Resident Evil 4 (GCN) 9.80
Castlevania PoR 16.80
Mario Party 4 15.40
Rayman (Wii) 30.80
Gt Pro Series (Wii) 14.00

nice price on rayman, Undying Force. Good to see not everyone is getting screwed.

This is getting extended to the 17th of June. They are also adding a trade deal for systems. Trade any system (excluding GBC and GBA) and get $20 extra in credit. This starts on Monday next week.

[quote name='allout1986']This is getting extended to the 17th of June. They are also adding a trade deal for systems. Trade any system (excluding GBC and GBA) and get $20 extra in credit. This starts on Monday next week.[/QUOTE]
Question is, what's the trade value for a GameCube?

So would the extra 20$ for systems work in addition to the ps2 trade-in to a ps3 offer?

If I remember correctely, it's 100$ off if you trade into a ps3. So anyone know if when this extra 20$ goes into effect, will that mean it's $120 off?

And damn, then $40 for the gamecube? (20+20)....and anyone know how much an original xbox goes for?

Cag wiki says 45$, but do they give you extra if ur trading it towards a ps3?

Even if not, trading in those 3 old systems nets me at least $225 by my math. Not a bad deal at all. I think that ps3 may be coming home with me very soon.

If anyone can let me know if I'm right in my thinking, that'd be great.

[quote name='mkm1998']So would the extra 20$ for systems work in addition to the ps2 trade-in to a ps3 offer?

If I remember correctely, it's 100$ off if you trade into a ps3. So anyone know if when this extra 20$ goes into effect, will that mean it's $120 off?

And damn, then $40 for the gamecube? (20+20)....and anyone know how much an original xbox goes for?

Cag wiki says 45$, but do they give you extra if ur trading it towards a ps3?

Even if not, trading in those 3 old systems nets me at least $225 by my math. Not a bad deal at all. I think that ps3 may be coming home with me very soon.

If anyone can let me know if I'm right in my thinking, that'd be great.[/QUOTE]

hmmm...yeah, is that ps2 for ps3 deal going on and stacks with the 20 bucks offer, now that they added upscaling i am starting to get interested...

Xbox trades for $30 currently which is a serious rip-off considering you can sell one in decent condition on Ebay for $80-100. I've been looking to buy an original Xbox but can't bring myself to pay 1/4 the price of the 360 for a system that is so out of date.

[quote name='daminion']Xbox trades for $30 currently which is a serious rip-off considering you can sell one in decent condition on Ebay for $80-100. I've been looking to buy an original Xbox but can't bring myself to pay 1/4 the price of the 360 for a system that is so out of date.[/QUOTE]

you have been PM'd

Made a quick trip today since I had to get rid of 4 DS games (got an R4 yarr) and threw in Baten Kaitos for the 30%

Trade-In Prices after 30% bonus, 10% GMR coupon, and 10% Edge Card

Advanced Wars: Dual Strike (bought for 8 bucks during CC sale)
- $9.80

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney (On sale for 20 new today at EB)
- $12.60

Baten Kaitos (bought for fifty cents at TRU during the times of the 5 dollar off coupon)
- $8.40

Castlevania: PoR (bought for 26 used)
- $15.40

Metroid Prime Pinball (bought for 7 new during TRU clearance)
- $4.20

Made out with fifty bucks and change. Bought House S1 and Lost S1, got South Park S8 for free :).

[quote name='coolcolt']Anyone happen to know the trade-in value of Trace Memory at gamestop?[/quote]

Man i just traded that in a week ago I believe it was something like 3 bucks

[quote name='coolcolt']Anyone happen to know the trade-in value of Trace Memory at gamestop?[/QUOTE]
It's $5 at GameCrazy. $3 at EB/GS sounds right.

[quote name='JJSP']It's $5 at GameCrazy. $3 at EB/GS sounds right.[/quote]

Thanks. I should get rid of my fat DS. I just called Gamestop and they said that I will get $60 in store credit.

Kind of related - my little bro has a bday soon and i was thinking of being nice like Cheapy D and getting him a ps3...i would probably trade my ps2 in to get the 100 bucks off (deal ends tomorrow) - but my question is, if he does not want it, can he return it for something else from them (maybe a 360 - he only has a wii right now).

I am not sure how returns work when you use some traded in stuff to make the purchase. Any employees out there know?

[quote name='ecmazza']Kind of related - my little bro has a bday soon and i was thinking of being nice like Cheapy D and getting him a ps3...i would probably trade my ps2 in to get the 100 bucks off (deal ends tomorrow) - but my question is, if he does not want it, can he return it for something else from them (maybe a 360 - he only has a wii right now).

I am not sure how returns work when you use some traded in stuff to make the purchase. Any employees out there know?[/quote]

That's a negative. They won't let you just exchange it. If the system is unopened then you've got 7-14 days I believe, after that you can only do exchanges for the same item and only if it's defective.

Of course all of this changes depending on what cashier you get and how on point they actually are when it comes to store policy.

Let us know how it goes...

bread's done
Back