Trade 3 get it free weekend EBgames 24TH to 26TH October

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Saw it in the flier figured I'd make a post for it. Also for those undecided/people who want to spend their credit on say 2 different games.

Preorder Smackdown VS Raw 2009 for the gaming guarantee. Which is return game within a week of picking it up within a week of release. You get the full amount of the game on a edge card/giftcard(YMMV on that since it differed from the two times I've done this SC4 and SWTFU)

Sadly other than this the new flier is pretty crappy.Bunch of nondeals,

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I went to my local BBV today and they had upped all the prices by at least 50%[/quote]

End of last week the Blockbuster near by work add a lot of the discounted Wii titles still, and yesterday Dufferin Blockbuster had a lot of good titles marked down. I hope the craptastic Loonie is not destroying our gaming bargains.

[quote name='cswloo']Well for any of their trade-in deals, it always specifically says the games must be complete and that manuals must be included. Every EB I've tried trading into, it's always the same. So it's not that they were being picky about the manuals, they were just following EB's trade-in deal rules. Though, I have been to a couple that were very very picky about supposed 'scratches' and wanting to deduct that $2.[/quote]

You're lucky. At my Eb they charged $3 for scratches!! I used my extra french manuals I got from other games in the games I didn't have manuals for - if you're lucky they won't check if you put them in with the backside showing haha.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I went to my local BBV today and they had upped all the prices by at least 50%[/quote]

In one way that sucks-- but won't it make it easier to use towards a BBV "trade 4" deal? If I recall, they only accept games that they sell for $14.99 or higher? Well, if they bump up their resale price, there should be a wide range of games you can dump on trade to BBV, =)

[quote name='halcyon1234']

Oh, they also tried to pull some crap on one of the games. "Oh, this one toally has a scratch on it (untrue, regular play marks). We're going to have to deduct $2 to refurbish this". I managed to talk them out of this one at least. What a load. So, if you want to trade, I suggest going to a less picky location.

[/quote]

They are EXTREMELY picky at the aurora location. I brought in a game that had no visible scratches and they insisted that they could see a hairline one on the surface of the disc. I was told that since it was "damaged" I could not use it for the trade 3 deal but, I could trade it in by itself minus the refurbishing fee. When it came to trading deals I was told repeatedly that all games had to be "NEXT GEN, be complete with manuals (and have original cases) and have no scratches or smudges. In my experience the area is not worth the hassle because of the by-law. Most of the games at BBV are sent in from head office, so they generally don't have instructions and are scratched.

Yo can you still trade in 3 games for 1 free? I called early last week and they said it's really going on all the time, but this weekend was special for some reason, or something. i don't know.

The weekend events are special because you get to choose a game that just came out or is in their system for pre-order. Their usual Trade in 3 is only for games that are on a list of games that they choose.

I had a really hard thinking of two PS3 games that I wanted to preorder for trade-in (not Wii since it's less bang for the buck :p ), so I just got Valkyria
and Prince.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The weekend events are special because you get to choose a game that just came out or is in their system for pre-order. Their usual Trade in 3 is only for games that are on a list of games that they choose.[/quote]

Are any of the "return in a week for credit" games currently on the "approved for all the time" list?

[quote name='halcyon1234']Are any of the "return in a week for credit" games currently on the "approved for all the time" list?[/quote]
The only game with a guarantee right now is Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, it isn't on the official Trade 3 list, but if you have a nice store you might be able to do it or you should have done it this past weekend. You also get a cooler bag with your preorder so that's pretty cool.

[quote name='halcyon1234']I knew Smackdown was a "give it back for credit", I just wasn't sure if I could trade 3 for it.[/quote]

i did the trade 3 for it, but it may have been at the last trade 3 weekend where anything counts. regardless, depending on the staff, you should be able to do it would be my guess.

[quote name='cm matty']i did the trade 3 for it, but it may have been at the last trade 3 weekend where anything counts. regardless, depending on the staff, you should be able to do it would be my guess.[/quote]

(I'm just full of questions this week)

So let's say I have a pre-order at EB 1. I purchase Smackdown at EB 2.

Can I return Smackdown to EB 2 and use the credit at EB 1?

Can I return Smackdwon I bought at EB 2 to EB 1?

(Just asking because I might not be able to make it to the EB I have my GH credit at to do trades just yet)

[quote name='halcyon1234'](I'm just full of questions this week)

So let's say I have a pre-order at EB 1. I purchase Smackdown at EB 2.

Can I return Smackdown to EB 2 and use the credit at EB 1?

Can I return Smackdwon I bought at EB 2 to EB 1?

(Just asking because I might not be able to make it to the EB I have my GH credit at to do trades just yet)[/quote]

EB store credit (usually held in edge card) works on all EB stores. You can go to EB 3 and buy whatever credit you got from EB 1 and 2.

bread's done
Back