Trade 4, get 1 (PS2/GC/PSP/DS). Trade 2, get 1 (360). Sam Goody/FYE/etc. Dead?- YMMV

W.arner1281

CAGiversary!
Feedback
179 (100%)
Stopped in my local Sam Goody today and saw this deal there.

Xbox360- Trade in any 2 360 games and get a new 360 game for free.
PS2/Xbox/GC/PSP/DS- Trade in any 4 games and get a new game for free.

Restrictions: Can't mix and match (ie- trade 2 PS2 games and 2 Xbox games and you can't trade 4 Xbox games and get a PS2 game). New game must be 39.99 or less (44.99 or less for 360). Anything that trades in for a penny in their system is ineligible (any sports 2003 or before + a few other titles).

End date: Sept 10th (but some places are honoring it til the end of September)

Notes: The lady mentioned that this was good at all sister stores (Wherehouse, Strawberries, FYE, Coconuts, etc.). Even if your particular store doesn't carry used games, they will still accept them and then transfer them to other stores.

Since there are basically no restrictions, you should be able to bring in any 4 crap games and get a brand new game for them. I will try and answer any questions as best I can. Have at it and enjoy it while it lasts.

PS- I found (and tested) this at the Sam Goody at the Parkway Plaza mall in El Cajon.

I could so abuse this.
(And by "Abuse" I mean I will trade 4 crap sports games for a game I want.)
Do games need to be packaged?

[quote name='M3wThr33']I could so abuse this.
(And by "Abuse" I mean I will trade 4 crap sports games for a game I want.)
Do games need to be packaged?[/quote]

There was nothing written that said games had to be complete, but I have a feeling most stores will not accept disc only games. YMMV on that though.

[quote name='Rictor']Too bad the Sam Goody in Indianapolis went out of business.[/QUOTE]Same with the one in Fort Wayne. It didn't carry much anyway.

so trade in four crap games and get Kingdom Hearts II FREE? I smell a rat! And there is nothing on the web site.

Man, I was just about to post this! Anyway, the sale's good at FYE and Coconuts too. Also, there was a price restriction, something like PS2 games $39.99 and under, XBOX 360 games $49.99 and under. The cashier at one FYE also told me that if the game is 0.01 in their system, you cannot use it towards the deal(YMMV?) (too bad we don't have a POX list, but you can go to www.wherehouse.com, check the value of your games, and if it comes up "not currently purchasing" odds are that they're not going to take it.)

The guy at FYE tells me no restrictions ever because they could care less (at least in his store)

But I was just their yesterday and saw nothing of the sort of any kind of deal except PS2 $99.99!!!!

Wow I was all excited to call my local FYEs and Sam Goodys... but then I realized, what would I trade 4 brand new Splinter Cell: Chaos Theorys for? I don't even have an Xbox...

Thanks OP, this is a great deal. I'm low on cheap fodder at the moment though.

so i can buy a bunch of used ridge racers or o6 sports for the 360 for less then 20 each ... and get something like GRAW new?

Ebay is gonna make me rich :D :D :D

[quote name='spinksjinx']I am at work at the moment...Could anybody give FYE a call and confirm this deal?[/QUOTE]

My FYE confirmed it. The restrictions are the games that are in the system as .01 don't count. Also, it sounded like the new game had to be $40 or under to work.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']My FYE confirmed it. The restrictions are the games that are in the system as .01 don't count. Also, it sounded like the new game had to be $40 or under to work.[/QUOTE]
The 360 game has to be $40 or under?

I was able to sneak away and use my cell to call in the bathroom at work and the lady told me that offer just ended yesterday. So YMMV!

[quote name='cleaver']The 360 game has to be $40 or under?[/QUOTE]

The person on the phone didn't go into details about that and honestly since I'm not trading in 360 games I didn't ask. She did say that the 360 games were trade in two for a new one.

One last detail she told me was that you don't get credit, you have to actually pick out the game at the time of trade-in.

I saw this at Strawberries last night. I asked the bitch doing trade ins and she just told me "we give you credit for your games". I was floored.

The signage was trade 4 PS2/PSP/DS or GC games and get one free/

Trade 2 Xbox 360 games and get one free.

Trade 4 DVDS and get one free.

DVD had to be under $26.99 and new. I couldn't find the restrictions on games. I don't have 4 games I really want to ditch so I'm gonna have to visit EB and liberate some Powerdromes and stuff.

The girl at my local Wherehouse (Salt Lake City) just told me that there were no restrictions on which 360 games you could trade in for this deal.

I always forget... does FYE=Wherehouse?
I'd love to snatch up a Madden 2007 or Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth 2 for College hoops 2k6 and Madden 2006
-xmrblondex

So now I must make search for the cheapest Xbox 360 game I can find to trade that plus the Madden 06 I was given in for Saint's Row...

Anyone try selling things to them online? i've noticed a lot of the cheap eb straight to the table games on there for higher credit.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']So now I must make search for the cheapest Xbox 360 game I can find to trade that plus the Madden 06 I was given in for Saint's Row...[/quote]

Go to EBGames buy Ridge Racer 6 used for $17.99 or new for $19.99..Or go to Sears and get King Kong for $19.99

wow go to gamestop and get 4 copies of their xbox and ps2 Max Payne 2 for less than 10 bucks and you get a new game when you trade them? hahaha!

Hmmm... anybody had luck with getting FYE to charge for the difference for 4 Xbox/PS2 games to get a 360 game? If so.. it's time to unload

So I actually went in and did the trade today. Found out the real deal.

a) Anything that trades in as a penny doesn't work (most sports games 03 and before)

b) For PS2/Xbox games, the new price of the game you get has to be 39.99 or less. For 360 the price is 44.99 or less.

c) The deal works on PS2, PSP, Xbox, GC, and DS.

d) This deal also applies to DVD's... trade in 4 DVD's and get a 26.99 DVD (or less) for free.

From my trade:
Things that work-
Johnny Moseley Mad Trix
Madden NFL 04
Powerdrome Racing
Project Eden
Turok Evolution
Godai

Things that shouldn't work (but did for me since the guy was clueless)-
NCAA March Madness 2003
Salt Lake 2002

Exchange those 8 for Hitman Blood Money and Tourist Trophy

[quote name='spinksjinx']Go to EBGames buy Ridge Racer 6 used for $17.99 or new for $19.99..Or go to Sears and get King Kong for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but it looks like my plans are killed due to the fact that Saint's Row costs over $45.

I just got back from Sam Goody and checked on the deal, and its true about the trade ins, So i went over to Gamestop and picked out 8 games, I got

NBA 2k2
NCAA Football 03 }
NCAA Football 04 }--ALL PS2 games
Powerdrome racing X5 }
i payed with discounts $14.32

Then i took these games over to Sam goody and got

New copies of

Kingdom Hearts II 49.99
Tales of Legendia 49.99

The greatest trade in deal of all time :)

THANKS OP!!! :)

[quote name='Nate512']
Kingdom Hearts II 49.99
Tales of Legendia 49.99
[/quote]

So no price limit on the new game for you, huh?

I just called Wherehouse and they are doing it, I will have to swing by later. When I asked if they had any deals he mentioned the 4 for 1 and commented that it didn't sound like a "deal" to him.

Any word on when it ends?

[quote name='Scorch']Especially awesome deal since my Sam Goody closed down a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

lol, I just remembered we used to have some Sam Goody's here, but apparently they all closed down too.

As far as 360 goes:
from looking at the web site, if the 45 dollar trade in value limit is true, there isn't anything worth it to me, unless they sell used copies of good games for a cheaper price than the new games are listed for. Any prices on used 360 games at fye? looking for BFMC2, LOTR, GRAW, COD2...

And on this note, I'm on my way out to try to get some good games. I have more than enough crap in my collection to actually trade in for better stuff that's actually out. Thank you very much OP.

[quote name='Nate512']I just got back from Sam Goody and checked on the deal, and its true about the trade ins, So i went over to Gamestop and picked out 8 games, I got

NBA 2k2
NCAA Football 03 }
NCAA Football 04 }--ALL PS2 games
Powerdrome racing X5 }
i payed with discounts $14.32

Then i took these games over to Sam goody and got

New copies of

Kingdom Hearts II 49.99
Tales of Legendia 49.99

The greatest trade in deal of all time :)

THANKS OP!!! :)[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the games in their store and prices are usually only $5 less than retail for the 360 games. If they hold true to the $45 limit then you won't be able to get anything. Unless they let you trade it in for credit right away.

[quote name='NWgamer666']As far as 360 goes:
from looking at the web site, if the 45 dollar trade in value limit is true, there isn't anything worth it to me, unless they sell used copies of good games for a cheaper price than the new games are listed for. Any prices on used 360 games at fye? looking for BFMC2, LOTR, GRAW, COD2...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Used 360 games seem to go for $45 or less. The highest I seen was a used Oblivion CE for $55.[/quote]

true, but the deal is trade 2 get a new one, not a used one
if the original post is correct

Picked up Saint's Row today for Perfect Dark Zero and Ridge Racer + $20 @ FYE. Here's how there deal work. You can trade in 2 games for any new or use games under $44. If the game is more, you paid the diff.

FYI, prior to making this deal, I picked up 2 use copies of Madden 06 (360) for $14.99 @ ebgames and went downstair to try to trade it in. The clerk said the games were acceptable for trade in but she coundn't take it because it was slightly scratch.

This can still be a great deal for you other CAGs, if you can find a nice FYE clerk to take in you copies of Madden for a used copy of XBOX 360 game.

[quote name='Warner1281']Stopped in my local Sam Goody today and saw this deal there.

Xbox360- Trade in any 2 360 games and get a new 360 game for free.
PS2/Xbox/GC/PSP/DS- Trade in any 4 games and get a new game for free.

Restrictions: Can't mix and match (ie- trade 2 PS2 games and 2 Xbox games and you can't trade 4 Xbox games and get a PS2 game). New game must be 39.99 or less (44.99 or less for 360). Anything that trades in for a penny in their system is ineligible (any sports 2003 or before + a few other titles).

End date: Sept 10th, 11th, or 12th

Notes: The lady mentioned that this was good at all sister stores (Wherehouse, Strawberries, FYE, Coconuts, etc.). Even if your particular store doesn't carry used games, they will still accept them and then transfer them to other stores.

Since there are basically no restrictions, you should be able to bring in any 4 crap games and get a brand new game for them. I will try and answer any questions as best I can. Have at it and enjoy it while it lasts.

PS- I found (and tested) this at the Sam Goody at the Parkway Plaza mall in El Cajon.[/quote]

You live insanely close to me. San Carlos here...

[quote name='Nealocus123']You live insanely close to me. San Carlos here...[/quote]

There's quite a few of us CAG'ers here in San Diego. Several are on the boards everyday and a LOT of lurkers. I've bumped into at least 4 or 5 in the last year and noticed a bunch here on CAG just looking through the member list.

The sign in FYE had no restrictions on it at all, BUT it said 3 360 games. I didn't really mind since I had bought a couple cheap sports games to do the trade.

I did find out that Madden 06 360 trades in for $22 cash/$27.50 credit tho'.

Used at EB the game sells for $14.99 :D . I have about 5 of these stores in my area so I went back to EB for some more Maddens. Today $100 EB credit became $110 cash and a copy of Enchanted Arms.

I'll probably copy this into a new thread so people can take advantage, enjoy.

[quote name='Daring']FYI, prior to making this deal, I picked up 2 use copies of Madden 06 (360) for $14.99 @ ebgames and went downstair to try to trade it in. The clerk said the games were acceptable for trade in but she coundn't take it because it was slightly scratch.[/quote]
So, the games have to be perfect? That makes most used games from EB/GS useless. They usually have at least a couple of tiny scratches.

bread's done
Back