Trade 4 RPG's get Fable for free!!! at GameStop

this could be interesting because i got a few RPG's on the CC deal....and i'm sure i could pick up a bunch of crappy ones along the way if there is a list of what they will accept

If you have a list of what they will take, similar to the Street Fighter trade-in deal, can you please post the list? Thanks.

[quote name='BigNick']Do they have a list of RPGs. Xbox RPGs only? Link?[/quote]

Are there even 4 rpgs on the xbox. I know, there are, just being funny. I think any current generation system rpg will work.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Do PSOne RPGs count? I want to trade in Suikoden, Suikoden II, Alundra, and Persona.[/quote]

I highly doubt it. They usually do trade in deals for next gen gaming consoles such as 3 xbox,ps2, or cube games and get extra 10 for them.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Is Alundra rare?[/quote]

i second that question....i have part 1 with the manual...i cant speak for the condition of the disc, but i know it works perfectly

[quote name='PsyClerk']Do PSOne RPGs count? I want to trade in Suikoden, Suikoden II, Alundra, and Persona.[/quote]
You wanna trade those four in for a $50 copy of Fable?? Snap, I'll give ya $70 for the lot if you're that desperate to unload 'em.

[quote name='Gosha']I could get 4 copies of eternal ring.[/quote]

Tell me when you are going so I can laugh my asz off when they take it.

Me personally Im going to trade in my:
Disgaea
La Pucelle Tactics
and my Chrono Trigger

+1 Post Count

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Dok Diamond']Is Alundra rare?[/quote]

i second that question....i have part 1 with the manual...i cant speak for the condition of the disc, but i know it works perfectly[/quote]

Alundra 2 is more rarer.

Yeah I said more rarer, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Azurik, Baldur's Gate, Black Stone: Magic & Steel ,Deus Ex: Invisible War,Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstict, Gladius, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds, Metal Dungeon, Morrowind, NightCaster, Phantasy Star Online, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shenmue, The Hobbit, Yu-Gi-Oh! Dawn of Destiny.

I have alundra 1 and 2. Someone who i let borrow alundra 1 has the instruction book though, it was a sweet instruction booklet too. damn people.

[quote name='sying']Alundra 2 is more rarer.

Yeah I said more rarer, big whoop, wanna fight about it?[/quote]

Nice Family Guy quote. :lol:

But.. yeah.. I'm gonna have to go ahead, and disagree with you there... yeah. In my experience, Alundra is far more difficult to find than it's sequel. I could drive 20 minutes and have 5 copies of Alundra 2 right now, but I've been looking for two years (not counting Ebay) for a complete copy of the first game and have come up dry.

Found this on bytesizedeals. here's the list of accepted trade ins

PS2
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Champions of Norrath
Disgaea
Dot Hack: Part 1
Dot Hack: Part 2
Dot Hack: Part 3
Dot Hack: Part 4
Duel Hearts
Everblue
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X2
Forever Kingdom
Front Mission 4
Grandia I
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser: Generations
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Kingdom Hearts
King's Field: The Ancient City
La Pucelle Tactics
Legaia 2
Legend of Alon D'ar
Legion: Legend Excalibur
Monster Rancher 4
RPG Maker II
Shadow Hearts
Wild Arms 3
Xenosaga

Xbox
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dungeon & Dragons: Hero
Fallout
Kingdom Under Fire
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina/Master Quest
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Lost Kingdoms II

I have two games on that list that I'd be willing to trade in (Harvest Moon and Wild ARMs 3). Will that still get me 50% off? Or does anyone know a place to get any other games on that list for really cheap? Actually, I think my CC still has another copy of Harvest Moon for $5. Would I be able to trade in two copies of the same game?

Ah crap! No Arc the Lad? I wanted to unload that one. And whoever had Suikoden 2 (one of the greatest RPGs EVER by the way), needs to Ebay that if he doesn't want it. I know that's worth something. Hell, I'd give you Fable for those 4 games. They're worth more than the crap on the list.

[quote name='Ledhed']But.. yeah.. I'm gonna have to go ahead, and disagree with you there... yeah. In my experience, Alundra is far more difficult to find than it's sequel. I could drive 20 minutes and have 5 copies of Alundra 2 right now, but I've been looking for two years (not counting Ebay) for a complete copy of the first game and have come up dry.[/quote]

You haven't looked hard enough. I got a copy of the first Alundra in near mint condition, complete with map to boot, on eBay first time I looked.

Alundra 2 is about $10 complete at EB.

And yes, I was joking earlier. Stop PMing me.

I'll call Gamestop tomorrow and preorder four copies of Phantom Brave
and trade them all in for Fable !

Thanks for the deal .

PsyClerk wrote:
And yes, I was joking earlier. Stop PMing me.

You set it up yourself, so Suck it up :rofl:

alundra 2 may be rare, but it is worthless. The game sucks ass. Alundra 1 is worth the $15

BTW< i have an extra alundra 1 manual for trade for the guy who lost his manual.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']Found this on bytesizedeals. here's the list of accepted trade ins

PS2
Champions of Norrath
Disgaea
Dot Hack: Part 1
Dot Hack: Part 2
Dot Hack: Part 3
Dot Hack: Part 4
Duel Hearts
Everblue
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X2
Forever Kingdom
Front Mission 4
Grandia I
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser: Generations
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Kingdom Hearts
King's Field: The Ancient City
La Pucelle Tactics
Legaia 2
Legend of Alon D'ar
Legion: Legend Excalibur
Monster Rancher 4
RPG Maker II
Shadow Hearts
Wild Arms 3
Xenosaga

Xbox
Dungeon & Dragons: Hero
Fallout
Kingdom Under Fire
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Gamecube
Lost Kingdoms II[/quote]

This list appears to missing alot of RPGs. Even a couple for xbox.

suikoden 2 is worth more then $50

Kingdom Under Fire - How generous to include a game that comes out a whole MONTH before Fable. Jeez.

Since when was Zelda an RPG?

[quote name='PimpBot2000']Found this on bytesizedeals. here's the list of accepted trade ins

PS2

Growlanser: Generations [/quote]

This isn't even out yet, is it? Last I saw was either a 9/1 or 9/15 date, and who knows if that's even accurate.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Benaorn']Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstict[/quote]

This isn't an RPG is it!?!?![/quote]

Definitely not. Any game based on the State of Emergency engine will ever be considered an RPG. It's an action-adventure at best.

Of course, anything with Bruce Campbell in it supercedes all classification and enters into the friendly realm of "Great," so I guess "Great" should encompass RPG, right?

Even the worst 4 on the list are worth more than $50. And is anyone really going to be done with Growlanser before Fable comes out?

isnt Suikoden II a $80 to $100 on ebay? i remember my brother buying it used for $40 at gamestop when nobody heard of it then saw the price on ebay and was shocked.

[quote name='WildWop']Kingdom Under Fire - How generous to include a game that comes out a whole MONTH before Fable. Jeez.[/quote]

A month? Try about a week or two. No offense to pimpbot, but I still don't think that list above is 100% correct.

Ok, I guess I have to spell it out.

My list of games was meant as a joke. I would not trade those in for a 4-for-1 deal.

I did not receive any PMs about it.

The fact that I've had to explain this kills the joke. Thanks.

Goodbye Legaia 2, Baldur's Gate, PotC and Wild Arms 3.. hello free Fable. Really a damn good deal for 3 games I'll never play again and one (PotC) thats so buggy its near unplayable.

[quote name='guessed']And is anyone really going to be done with Growlanser before Fable comes out?[/quote]

Heck is Growlanser even going to be released BEFORE Fable? :lol:

Kind of kicking myself now for trading in BA:DA earlier this year, probably don't have enough on there to make use of the Fable deal, hopefully they add on more titles.

Actually, Kingdom Under Fire comes out 6 days before Fable. Great deal, trade in a game you payed $40 less than a week before hand and 3 other games and you get a single game in return!

Anyway, not a great deal, but if you can manage to find a few of those for cheap it might work out. I did get BG:DA, .hack part 2, and Wild Arms 3 for less than $10 each...might almost be worth it to pick up another $10 game and get Fable. Though I doubt Fable will be as good as 4 other games put togeather...

bread's done
Back