trade 40gb ps3 for a bc ps3 at gamestop?

hypertek

CAGiversary!
think thats possible? i got a 250gb hdd in my 40gb anyways, i could just put the 40 back in there all original.. i wonder how much credit they would offer or if its even worth it, they would probably jip me on credit huh?

I just want the bc because i have a few ps2 games i would like to finish like the final fantasy games *and id still like to pick up the metal gear collection*. I have a ps2, but no tv in my room *play ps3 thru a hdmi dvi cable to my pc monitor in my room.

or maybe i could just post on craigslist like "hey i got a 40gb ps3, will trade it plus $60 bucks for your 60 or 80gb ps3, and you can keep your bigger hdd"

You would be better off buying a PS2 brand new for $100 or perhaps a used system for significantly less. I don't know how much Gamestop will offer for a PS3, but I did recently check on a buy-prices for an Xbox 360 (Houston prices):

Xbox 360 Elite and one wireless controller without Hard Drive: $80
120 gig hard drive, credit given seperately: $40
Total store credit for system and hard drive: $120
Less 20% for cash instead of store credit: $96

The PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite have the same MSRP at $400, so I would expect buy-back prices to be similar between the two.

yeah i have a oldschool fat ps2 *i once had the HDD in it backing games up etc*, i just dont want to put a analog tv in my room lol

Honestly, you should probably try to sell it online, and then get a used BC PS3 from Gamestop. From what I've seen, they get pretty expensive online anyway.

I think trade in for a PS3 40gb is around $180-$220 in store credit... so you would have to pay the other half to get the BC 80gb or 60gb... soooo.... not worth it, just buy a new slim PS2 for $100

[quote name='Hybrid5006']I think trade in for a PS3 40gb is around $180-$220 in store credit...[/quote]

There's no way it's that high. It's probably around 140 or 150.

Wait. Why hasn't the OP called to see how much they give?

cuz im probably not that serious about it lol.. i got an old fat ps2.. i might just see about ordering a vga/dvi/hdmi video switch to hook up to my lcd monitor and play it that way.. $40-60 bucks for one of those probably better than the headache of having to sell etc..

Ill try posting on craigslist if anyone will trade me for a 80gb or even a 60gb plus cash on my part and let them keep the bigger hd.

already found someone who is willing to trade. I probably should have tried offering $40 first to see if they would go for it but i originally said $60 in my email.

I guess thats a worthy upgrade for a 80gb model.

bread's done
Back