Trade Halo 2 to get the LE version?

ramprider0

CAGiversary!
Is there any deals going on anywhere so that I could trade in my Halo 2 and get Halo 2 limited edition without spending any money out of pocket?

Please Help?

Ummm maybe because they have a deal going on, and theres really nothing they can do about it unless its excluded in fine print.

NO, GameRush would be your best bet....they'll give you $35 for it. I know they have a deal or a coupon....trade one in get a NEW game for $39.99

So, it would be $5.

I was thinking about trading it in to Gamerush and they give you 35.00$ for it and then using that trade a game and get a preowned for 30.00$ to get it. Does anyone know if it would work?

Edit: Crap I thought the deal was trade a game get a preowned for 29.99$?

Yes I'm pretty sure a couple in my area do. I'm hoping it will work because I have no xtra money right now and I really want the LE version.

Why do you want the LE SOOO bad. I have not even looked at the DVD that came with it....I may actually just sell it on EBAY. (the extra disc that is)

hi, im stupid mcvideogamestore, give me Halo and ill give you the Halo LE...even trade.

yeah dude, doesnt look like you thought this out, no way your going to find a deal like that

[quote name='nickmad']hi, im stupid mcvideogamestore, give me Halo and ill give you the Halo LE...even trade.

yeah dude, doesnt look like you thought this out, no way your going to find a deal like that[/quote]
Why the hell wouldn't I be able to do it? Theres nothing in their store policy or in fine print by the deal stating it. So why not? BTW the reason I want LE is because of the metal case,Covenant instruction booklet and the extra DVD. It may seem dumb to some people to trade it in for the same game but I want the extra stuff that comes with the LE version, and why not if I don't have to pay anything to do so?

[quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='nickmad']hi, im stupid mcvideogamestore, give me Halo and ill give you the Halo LE...even trade.

yeah dude, doesnt look like you thought this out, no way your going to find a deal like that[/quote]
Why the hell wouldn't I be able to do it? Theres nothing in their store policy or in fine print by the deal stating it. So why not? BTW the reason I want LE is because of the metal case,Covenant instruction booklet and the extra DVD. It may seem dumb to some people to trade it in for the same game but I want the extra stuff that comes with the LE version, and why not if I don't have to pay anything to do so?[/quote]

It;s funny that your want for it is so bad, then I don't see WHY you didn't 1)reserve the LE in the first place ($5 more) or 2)instead of buy the regular version, just buy the LE?

And to answer your other question, if you have NOT opened the game, I'm sure you could return it and pay the extra for the LE if it's available. But no store to my knowledge will take back an opened game and let you exchange it for a DIFFERENT product. You claim it's defective, you'll get another Halo 2 REGULAR edition.

I wanna trade in my game for store credit, not even exchange it. That would just be craziness! Plus when I bought Halo 2 I got it for 39.99 and LE was 54.99 I saved a bit of money.

[quote name='nickmad']hi, im stupid mcvideogamestore, give me Halo and ill give you the Halo LE...even trade.

lol though u was going to say go to stupid mcvans store here in fort wayne..... They are charging 38 bucks for used games and you can buy them NEW For 20-30 bucks... I wonder how they even stay open

[quote name='ramprider0']I wanna trade in my game for store credit, not even exchange it. That would just be craziness! Plus when I bought Halo 2 I got it for 39.99 and LE was 54.99 I saved a bit of money.[/quote]

Then trade the game in... why are you even asking us what to do if you already have your plan laid out? You'll likely get $30 dependant on the store. And another $25 cash or credit will get you the LE if it's available.

Well is there a deal at Gamerush to trade in a game and get any preowned game for 29.99$ right now? That was pretty much what I would be doing to get the LE version.

[quote name='ramprider0']Well is there a deal at Gamerush to trade in a game and get any preowned game for 29.99$ right now? That was pretty much what I would be doing to get the LE version.[/quote]

Where's that deal written? I must have missed it. And you win ignorant of the week.

[quote name='Gojtron'][quote name='ramprider0']Well is there a deal at Gamerush to trade in a game and get any preowned game for 29.99$ right now? That was pretty much what I would be doing to get the LE version.[/quote]

Where's that deal written? I must have missed it. And you win ignorant of the week.[/quote]

ignorant and wishful thinker of the week

[quote name='ramprider0']I wanna trade in my game for store credit, not even exchange it. That would just be craziness![/quote]

[quote name='ramprider0']Is there any deals going on anywhere so that I could trade in my Halo 2 and get Halo 2 limited edition without spending any money out of pocket?[/quote]

You need to be a little more consistent with what you request. This is why everyone called you stupid; you said no more money period. NO store would let you swap for a more expensive game, esp. if it's already opened.

It looks like your best bet is GameRush. No matter what though, you are going to have to shell out a bit of cash. Maybe you could put up a request for a trade here. I'll bet there is someone here who got an LE and would trade for the normal plus a bit of cash.

if you want to know more details about the gamerush deals, check out the second post in the gamerush thread. it should have the info you're looking for.

[quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='nickmad']hi, im stupid mcvideogamestore, give me Halo and ill give you the Halo LE...even trade.

Why the hell wouldn't I be able to do it? Theres nothing in their store policy or in fine print by the deal stating it. So why not? BTW the reason I want LE is because of the metal case,Covenant instruction booklet and the extra DVD. It may seem dumb to some people to trade it in for the same game but I want the extra stuff that comes with the LE version, and why not if I don't have to pay anything to do so?[/quote]

Why the hell would you be able to? Explaing that to me. We understand why you want it, but not why you think it should be easy. And what store policy are you talking about?

To clear things up, the deal at GameRush to trade in 1 game and get a game for $29.99 is dead. It also excluded Limited Edition and Special Edition games IN THE FINE PRINT that you keep talking about! It was also not available in all areas.

And yes, you are a dumbass.

Hey guys, what store should I go to so that I can trade in my disc-only, scratched Lunar Silver Star Story for one that's complete with the box set and all of the extras?

Somebody should lock this thread! I won't be coming back to CAG as much as I used to.

Thanks to those who tried to help me I appriciate it!

[quote name='ramprider0']Somebody should lock this thread! I won't be coming back to CAG as much as I used to.

Thanks to those who tried to help me I appriciate it![/quote]

Darn! Your ignorance will be missed.

[quote name='ramprider0']Somebody should lock this thread! I won't be coming back to CAG as much as I used to.[/quote]No, wait! Please don't leave! I don't want it to be partly my fault for such a valuable member of CAG to leave. I'm so sorry. Please, great one, don't leave!

[quote name='ramprider0']Somebody should lock this thread! I won't be coming back to CAG as much as I used to.

Are you mad at us for pointing out you asked a stupid question and wouldn't take anyones suggestions? Have fun leaching off our deals than. :roll:

awww come back stupid, i want to hear more of your crazy ideas

wait wait, we got a new deal in from stupid mcvideogamestore...we are taking broken psones and giving customers brand new pstwos...even trade

OH NO THE MORON POPULATION IS DIMINISHING!!!!! :roll:

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='ramprider0']Somebody should lock this thread! I won't be coming back to CAG as much as I used to.

OH NO THE MORON POPULATION IS DIMINISHING!!!!! :roll:[/quote] :rofl: :applause:

Well sorry to have wasted everyones time I thought it would have been I good idea to trade my copy in and use the credit to get the LE edition because I really don't want two copys of the same game, I don't have a job right now so I don't have any extra money to spend, which I thought this site was all about saving money so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone could suggest a trade in deal to help me out. I really don't get how everyone misunderstood me? I stated clearly in my post that I wanted to trade in my game (for credit) and get H2:LE using that credit but I wanted to know if any stores had a percentage off so that I could trade in my copy and not spend any money to get the special features in LE. Why is everyone under the impression that I would be taking my copy in to even exchange for a more expensive game? I didn't think I said that anywhere in my post! And why the hell is it ignorant to want the LE version of Halo 2? I really don't get where you guys are coming from.

[quote name='ramprider0']Well sorry to have wasted everyones time I thought it would have been I good idea to trade my copy in and use the credit to get the LE edition because I really don't want two copys of the same game, I don't have a job right now so I don't have any extra money to spend, which I thought this site was all about saving money so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone could suggest a trade in deal to help me out. I really don't get how everyone misunderstood me? I stated clearly in my post that I wanted to trade in my game (for credit) and get H2:LE using that credit but I wanted to know if any stores had a percentage off so that I could trade in my copy and not spend any money to get the special features in LE. Why is everyone under the impression that I would be taking my copy in to even exchange for a more expensive game? I didn't think I said that anywhere in my post! And why the hell is it ignorant to want the LE version of Halo 2? I really don't get where you guys are coming from.[/quote]
The problem is, the LE is a more expensive game. It costs $5 more. I'd expect to pay at least $5 on top of your trade-in copy to get the LE. Maybe you can try Gamerush and trade in a 2nd game thats worth $5, thats probably your best bet. But the point everyone is trying to make is, you're asking to trade $50 and get $55 in return. But try Gamerush with a 2nd or 3rd game to trade in and you can probably get one with no money out of pocket, maybe even a new copy.

[quote name='doubledown']Why do you want the LE SOOO bad. I have not even looked at the DVD that came with it....I may actually just sell it on EBAY. (the extra disc that is)[/quote]

I was going to view the Extras DVD from my LE one night and read a spoiler warning at the beginning. Since I have yet to complete the single player campaign (oh well, I'm taking my time), I decided I can get to the DVD later.

Are there even that many LE copies out there (new ones) still up for grabs? I know the name's not indicative of the number of copies out there, but I've only seen one Best Buy around here that even has the LE still on store shelves and there were only about five.

That said, there wasn't too much on that DVD that I found all too interesting. The tin case was really nice though, but I never use that anyhow. That's just in the closet and I use the regular copy for my own games. The LE is for when I have people over and we've got some big matches lined up.

[quote name='guyver2077']yea why didnt u just pay the extra $5 for the le[/quote]
I only paid 39.99 for Halo 2 the day it came out using pricematch at my local Meijers store. Now that I've had the game for awhile I'd like to get the LE instead to see the bonus DVD and I like that metal casing :D

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Are there even that many LE copies out there (new ones) still up for grabs? I know the name's not indicative of the number of copies out there, but I've only seen one Best Buy around here that even has the LE still on store shelves and there were only about five.

That said, there wasn't too much on that DVD that I found all too interesting. The tin case was really nice though, but I never use that anyhow. That's just in the closet and I use the regular copy for my own games. The LE is for when I have people over and we've got some big matches lined up.[/quote]
Some people were telling me that the DVD has deleted cutscenes that didn't make it into the game which I really wanted to see and I wanted to see the making of Halo 2. But I'll probably just trade in two games to get it. Thanks for the help everyone :)

bread's done
Back