Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='(psp)snake']when have u ever gone to a store and bought something with store credit and them give u back cash?

its very much common sense. when u trade in a game u get store credit, because they want you to use the money they give u to buy more stuff in their store. its a win win sceario.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like using English to communicate with each other?

[quote name='Jimbo1']Well, what I really meant to ask was, can I use the credit at ALL gamestops or only at the gamestop that I get the credit at? If they put the credit on a card and give it to me and will allow me to use the credit at ALL gamestops, then I will be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

How many times have you shopped at a Gamestop? It's just like any other major chain, i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, Best buy..

yes you can use the credit at other Gamestops.

[quote name='freshzen']I tried to trade in some games from the BBV sale today and the GS employee was going to charge in $7 in refurb fee's because 2 games didn't have instruction manuals. I just walked out.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm scared because that's exactly what I have to trade in.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']How many times have you shopped at a Gamestop? It's just like any other major chain, i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, Best buy..

yes you can use the credit at other Gamestops.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever traded in at BBV? it a legit question at times.

I know it possible to get a Gift card at BBV, but generally they try and put it on the account and it only good at that one store.

I did this deal yesterday with two games I picked up from the B1G1 sale from Blockbuster.

I traded in:

007 Quantum Of Solace(360)
Grand Theft Auto IV(PS3)
Folklore(PS3)-my game which I got from Sears for $10

I asked for a gift receipt and then I returned FNR4 for $63.59 in credit on my EDGE card about 45 minutes after getting it.

Thing is, I hate that PA started charging tax on deals like this, since I would've managed to get away with just doing the trade and have had $2 something put on my EDGE card in times past.

But I ended up owing them $1.30 something since the trades only added up to $62.21 total, even after EDGE.

Oh well, at least I turned $27 worth of games into $63 in credit. Decent flip for me.

So are pretty much most of you people trading in 3 titles to get the game just to return it?

Wow sometimes these trade deals like this are nice for getting a new game when you dont have the extra cash to burn and when everyone beats a Trade in Promo like this dont you think um they are going to catch on eventually and possibly not have deals like this anymore?"

People abused the hell out of the REward Zone Gamers club promos and now anything decent to come out of that is far and few...

:roll:

I was actually coming in here thinking the exact same thing derrick was. Usually people jump down each others throats about doing shady practices like this, but in this thread we have plenty of people bragging about about it. Oh well.

I just hope gamestop doesn't catch on (because they can track everything thats returned, and if they suddenly see tons of fnr4 being returned with gift receipts...). I just hope this isn't abused to much and we can still see deals like this in the future.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I was actually coming in here thinking the exact same thing derrick was. Usually people jump down each others throats about doing shady practices like this, but in this thread we have plenty of people bragging about about it. Oh well.

I just hope gamestop doesn't catch on (because they can track everything thats returned, and if they suddenly see tons of fnr4 being returned with gift receipts...). I just hope this isn't abused to much and we can still see deals like this in the future.[/QUOTE]

Well just think not only is this thread littered with it but the Blockbuster one is a buzz with it where people are purposely buying games with the current used sale just for this FN Promo... I dont see this sale at EB/GS lasting much longer because of this and I dont see them doing this again for awhile..

It's a Shame the direction everything is going around here lately and these are some of the supposedly "Credible" CAG on this site as well...

Thing is, that argument always comes up... every time. And then another trade in deal towards a game happens, so I'm not too concerned.

Ditto the last two posts. I did this deal to get a FNR4 to play and was tempted to do it just one more time with BBV B1G1 games, but it seems like this is getting taken advantage of too much. This is the first time that they ran this deal and there were some decent games to trade in. I hope it's not the last and next time it's only games that are a month old or less.

EDIT: Ditto on Derrick and perdition

Anyone remember the last huge trade in deal that happened?

It was a "Trade in Eligible Wii titles for Fitness games"

It glitched out and actually ended up giving more credit than just the free game... it was a ridiculous trade in glitch that lasted all of a day.

Even when fixed, it was stil worth pursuing, with people returning the game left and right. People swore that Gamestop wouldn't do any more trade in deals because of how it was being taken advantage of. This is not the case.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I was actually coming in here thinking the exact same thing derrick was. Usually people jump down each others throats about doing shady practices like this, but in this thread we have plenty of people bragging about about it. Oh well.

I just hope gamestop doesn't catch on (because they can track everything thats returned, and if they suddenly see tons of fnr4 being returned with gift receipts...). I just hope this isn't abused to much and we can still see deals like this in the future.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. I don't disagree that it's a bit shady, but I don't think Gamestop cares for the following reasons:

1. They probably already have caught on, but the reality is that they are getting three used games to give away one new one. The games on the trade in list, for the most part are relatively new games enough of which will likely sell making them a profit. Also the new game gets returned which means they issue the returner store credit, but they also have three more used games in stock and the new game which they can sell all for what equates to an "I owe you" (store credit).

2. CAGS are a minority, not a majority. In any business, there are certain things which are simply seen as the cost of doing business. The few people that pull the trade-in/return later move are heavily outweighed by the moms who walk in with their kids so that they can trade in Left 4 Dead, Infamous and Resident Evil 5, just to get Fight Night round 4. Three weeks later, those moms will be trading in Fight Night Round 4 for $25 in store credit.

3. Finally if you take the tiered bonus into account, many of the games would actually get more if you traded them in with other games than they do by trading them in for FN4.

Again, I'm just playing Devil's advocate, not trying to say that you're wrong. I'm simply pointing out that this is Win-Win for gamestop. Even where they are bamboozeled a little, they still win in the end.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well just think not only is this thread littered with it but the Blockbuster one is a buzz with it where people are purposely buying games with the current used sale just for this FN Promo... I dont see this sale at EB/GS lasting much longer because of this and I dont see them doing this again for awhile..

It's a Shame the direction everything is going around here lately and these are some of the supposedly "Credible" CAG on this site as well...[/QUOTE]

While I do see your point as far as returning FNR4 (I personally wanted the game and kept it). I see no issue with buying games buy one get one free at BBV and flipping them for trade in credit at GS or for a trade in deal like FNR4. There is no stealing or fraud involved at all and BBV obviously wants to get rid of these games and if you get the right ones Amazon and GS will give you trade in for them. No one get hurt gamers win. Also if GS or Amazon starts getting to many of one game (i.e de Blob) the prices will go down and it may not be worth the flip.

[quote name='GuardianE']Anyone remember the last huge trade in deal that happened?

It was a "Trade in Eligible Wii titles for Fitness games"

It glitched out and actually ended up giving more credit than just the free game... it was a ridiculous trade in glitch that lasted all of a day.

Even when fixed, it was stil worth pursuing, with people returning the game left and right. People swore that Gamestop wouldn't do any more trade in deals because of how it was being taken advantage of. This is not the case.[/QUOTE]

They dont run these type of "High Profile" new release trade in deals to often though.... I dont even remember the "Fitness" games one so that must of been awhile ago..

And like someone said this current promo is nice because the games eligible and not all current release titles but I see them going to that again so they are not losing out so bad.

Back on topic for me, does anyone know why the PS3 version of Mirror's edge doesn't qualify while the 360 one does? They have about a $1 TIV difference but that seems odd to me.

[quote name='bgame2']Back on topic for me, does anyone know why the PS3 version of Mirror's edge doesn't qualify while the 360 one does? They have about a $1 TIV difference but that seems odd to me.[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense but the only logical reason would be that the 360 version sells more then the PS3 version and thats why its excluded.

[quote name='Derrick1979']That makes no sense but the only logical reason would be that the 360 version sells more then the PS3 version and thats why its excluded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Derrick. Mental lapse on my part, I checked the TIVs but I didn't think to check the used price because that's what would matter more to Gamestop. I should've thought of that first. It makes more sense to me now.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Gamestop makes more money on used games rather than new games, which is why they run these promotions i think.[/QUOTE]

Ahh gamestop makes pretty much all there money on used game sales.. thats why you see $17.99 used games that are $19.99 new or $54.99 on a used new release because of greed and mom and pop thinking they are saving a bunch buying used.... Oh sign up for this edge card and when tax is added to the sale you might actually save $5 off new but all profit for them :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did this deal yesterday with two games I picked up from the B1G1 sale from Blockbuster.

I traded in:

007 Quantum Of Solace(360)
Grand Theft Auto IV(PS3)
Folklore(PS3)-my game which I got from Sears for $10

I asked for a gift receipt and then I returned FNR4 for $63.59 in credit on my EDGE card about 45 minutes after getting it.

Thing is, I hate that PA started charging tax on deals like this, since I would've managed to get away with just doing the trade and have had $2 something put on my EDGE card in times past.

But I ended up owing them $1.30 something since the trades only added up to $62.21 total, even after EDGE.

Oh well, at least I turned $27 worth of games into $63 in credit. Decent flip for me.[/QUOTE]

Wait how did you use your edge card for a new game ? was it sealed ?

As many will note, I despise Gamestop with a passion, so anytime that I can get 'one up' on them(or seemingly get one over on them anyway), then I'll do it.

Otherwise I steer clear of the place, since the condition of their used stuff is STILL ass to some extent and the amount of badgering that the employees have to do to you from the moment you walk in the door is just plain annoying.

I used to do the trade deals all the time when EB was still around, since I was already getting game deals like the ones I've managed to swing since joining CAG(games for $3-5 each), so trading 3-4 games for one new one was no big deal.

However, since Gamestop took them over, the deals have been few and far between where they would be in OUR favor.

The last really good deal in my opinion was the tiered trade deal last fall for last gen titles(back when GS still took Xbox titles)that just happened to coincide with the $3.99 last gen game sale/clearance at Hollywood Video.

Since then, they've only done deals which are skewed heavily in their favor, but I can't say I blame them since they probably got flooded with shittons of HWV disc only stuff last fall. :D

I was considering grabbing a couple more sets of games from BBV and trading them into GS for more copies of FNR4, but I have little use for GS credit at this point. That is, unless they're already taking pre-orders on my next game I really want(God Of War 3), which they probably are already knowing them.

Otherwise, I'll just stick to getting my cheap game fix by buying some from Sears, Kmart, Target and TRU.

[quote name='fshaia']Wait how did you use your edge card for a new game ? was it sealed ?[/QUOTE]

They gave me a 10% bump on the three games I traded in for FNR4, which was based off of the initial TIV's. But EDGE still doesn't apply on NEW stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They gave me a 10% bump on the three games I traded in for FNR4, which was based off of the initial TIV's. But EDGE still doesn't apply on NEW stuff.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, but had to ask, was the FNR4 sealed ? just curious, I hardly ever get sealed copies unless I pre-order

My apologies in advance if this is a repeat, or in the wrong area. Short of calling every Blockbuster individually, I've been trying to figure out how to make sure stores are corporate stores, and therefore, have this B1G1 deal. Using the blockbuster.com store locator, it shows the five stores near me (in San Francisco) as all accepting the Total Access membership. My understanding is that all corporate stores accept Total Access, and some undisclosed number of franchise stores do as well. Is my reasoning correct, that all Total Access-stores are corporate? Or is there some other list I can see before schlepping my way to the various stores?
Thanks.

[quote name='fshaia']That's what I thought, but had to ask, was the FNR4 sealed ? just curious, I hardly ever get sealed copies unless I pre-order[/QUOTE]

The copy of FNR4 I got was sealed. It shocked me too, actually.

[quote name='Remixxxxxxx']Anyone have any problems with doubles and generic cases/no booklets?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV as to what they consider 'full working condition', as per the fine print on the bottom of the handout for the promo. Some will be anal retentive and not even take them if they have a speck of dust on the disc, while others may accept them with a ton of scratches and not even charge a refurb fee.

It's done on a case by case basis unfortunately and you never know when you're going to get a clerk who is gonna be AR.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone know if you can trade in the collectors edition of BioShock?[/QUOTE]

If it's complete, you should not trade in the collector's edition of Bioshock. You should sell it to me.

I read a few pages, but has anyone tried trading in two of the same games (007 Quantum of Solace) for this deal. Or it is YMMV?

I traded 2 x QOS and Spiderman WOS and got fight night plus $2.30 on my edge card. The guy behind the counter had no idea what was going on. He didn't know about the fight night promotion and was shocked at the trade in values :)

Did you go to the same gamestop? Did they care?

[quote name='Shinoto']Did the deal.
Trade in my Fight Night Round 4 for BlazBlue X360.

And let me just say...I love it :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thedanceman']Did you go to the same gamestop? Did they care?[/QUOTE]
Went to a different one, I have a few near me. One like 5 miles away. I need to go out to the bookstore by the other also.:bouncy:

Mine was also out of 360 copy of Blazblue.

[quote name='thedanceman']I traded 2 x QOS and Spiderman WOS and got fight night plus $2.30 on my edge card. The guy behind the counter had no idea what was going on. He didn't know about the fight night promotion and was shocked at the trade in values :)[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA...same thing happened to me...He was so confused when he was paying ME to take a copy of fight night...

[quote name='CaoPi']so anyone get charged sales tax?[/QUOTE]

I got nailed for it($3.60), which really sucks since I didn't realize that they started having to charge tax on these promos in PA anymore.

Oh well....least I got it all back anyway.

what you do for this is get a gift receipt for the trade in deal then swap the sucker in the next day for another game!

So let's say I wanted to buy 3 of these solely for the purpose of flipping them:

which 3 would be the cheapest on the list?

I was charged a refurb fee. Left one of the games in a blockbuster case, and both are right across the street from one another. He caught me off guard telling him I owe him a quarter, then he said it's ok I'll let you off the hook. So i left, felt really bad, got a slurpee, then went back and exchanged it for blazblue and felt much better.

[quote name='thedanceman']I traded 2 x QOS and Spiderman WOS and got fight night plus $2.30 on my edge card. The guy behind the counter had no idea what was going on. He didn't know about the fight night promotion and was shocked at the trade in values :)[/QUOTE]

OK cool, that way I don't have to take anything out of my collection to get a second copy of FN4.

I just got dissed and dismissed when attempting to trade in 2 copies of QoS (360) and Bioshock (360) for FNR4. They told me they aren't allowed to accept multiple copies of the same game in a single trade-in transaction, but I see that some of you have been successful. Confused.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']I just got dissed and dismissed when attempting to trade in 2 copies of QoS (360) and Bioshock (360) for FNR4. They told me they aren't allowed to accept multiple copies of the same game in a single trade-in transaction, but I see that some of you have been successful. Confused.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Gamestop's policy to not take multiple copies of the same game in case it was stolen or what not. I'm pretty sure some employees just don't care so that's why some people can do it. In other words, YMMV.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']I just got dissed and dismissed when attempting to trade in 2 copies of QoS (360) and Bioshock (360) for FNR4. They told me they aren't allowed to accept multiple copies of the same game in a single trade-in transaction, but I see that some of you have been successful. Confused.[/QUOTE]

I got told the same thing guess its luck of the draw and how much the guy cares about his job or knows the store's policies. I am hoping to find another game at my 3rd trip to a different Blockbuster. If not I'll try the other 3 Gamestops in my area and hope one takes 2 QOS.

Did this with WoS, QoS and Folklore from BB sale. Returned FN4 for Red Faction. Still have a WoS for myself so $30 later and I'm a pretty happy camper.

Traded in QOS (PS3) from the BB Rewards $10 deal along with two 360 games I picked up for $15 @ BBV yesterday (QOS and Spiderman WOS). Got a nice sealed PS3 copy of FN4, they only had a few more in the case, ton of 360 copies. Just got done playing a few rounds : ).

-veggielasagna

bread's done
Back