Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']I got thumb printed and they even asked for my ID for this trade in deal anyone else get this? :bomb::hot::bomb:[/QUOTE]

What state?

[quote name='CaoPi']I got thumb printed and they even asked for my ID for this trade in deal anyone else get this? :bomb::hot::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Some areas do that, North of Boston they do its mandated by the police because of theft.

They do it here in Pensacola, Fl. They have those pawn shop forms now. Which is actually smart because of stolen systems, but pointless for regular video games.

I got ID'd trading in games today...also, for some reason when I returned FNR4 with a gift receipt he wasn't able to put the money on my edge card...he had to put it on a gift card.

I dont know if this has been addressed in all these pages yet or even if it was a fluke, i forgot to get a gift receipt so when i returned FNR4 the next day with regular reciept for a return they gave me cash. traded in $29 spent on clearence games into $65, nice! i didnt know gamestop was even capable of handing you cash instead of credit. So, if youre wanting to trade back FNR4, dont do gift receipt and ask for cash, is that normal? sorry if this is not a surpise at all.

Guys I got screwed. I traded QOS, Bioshock and spider man WOS and they gave me an opened display copy of Fight night for PS3 with a full receipt. I was bummed, dont kno what I was thingking should have asked for a 360 copy (they had tons of sealed ones) and a gift receipt.

Anyone think I will be able to return that display copy since its opened and has a full trade in receipt?

Tomorrow i will trade another QOS, GTA4 and MC: L.A. For a sealed copy I can return.

[quote name='zackL04']Guys I got screwed. I traded QOS, Bioshock and spider man WOS and they gave me an opened display copy of Fight night for PS3 with a full receipt. I was bummed, dont kno what I was thingking should have asked for a 360 copy (they had tons of sealed ones) and a gift receipt.

Anyone think I will be able to return that display copy since its opened and has a full trade in receipt?

Tomorrow i will trade another QOS, GTA4 and MC: L.A. For a sealed copy I can return.[/QUOTE]

they usually place the disc inside or in an evelope and seal it up if they didn't seal up the display your screwed!

I don't go to GameStop often (so I don't know the policies), and I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but:

Can I do 3 Trade-In's at one visit to the store?

Got 2 FN4

First GS, traded in QOS, WoS, and a really scratched up GTA IV. Got hit with a refub fee for GTA, oh well though.

Second GS, traded in QOS, WoS, and Folklore. Went to another GS and exchanged it for BlazBlue.

Not sure if I should do this a third time (to pay off MW2 when it is released) since I used my edge card. Don't they keep track of this stuff?

[quote name='bajingo']I dont know if this has been addressed in all these pages yet or even if it was a fluke, i forgot to get a gift receipt so when i returned FNR4 the next day with regular reciept for a return they gave me cash. traded in $29 spent on clearence games into $65, nice! i didnt know gamestop was even capable of handing you cash instead of credit. So, if youre wanting to trade back FNR4, dont do gift receipt and ask for cash, is that normal? sorry if this is not a surpise at all.[/QUOTE]

I did that a couple times back when EB was still around and a wholly seperate entity. I got a normal receipt and they gave me cash back instead of store credit.

Actually, for a while EB used to have different prices per store, with some of the differences being $20-40. So, I would buy a game that was uber cheap at store #1 and take it back for $20-40 more at store #2.

Thing is, I used to even hand them the receipt from the other store, but once they scanned the UPC barcode on the game it would come up as their price and hand me that amount without even double checking the receipt. :D

That's why I really used to love EB, but eventually they got wise and only started giving store credit with returns, but I still raked in the credit for a while. I had like $600 in credit there at one point.

[quote name='zackL04']Guys I got screwed. I traded QOS, Bioshock and spider man WOS and they gave me an opened display copy of Fight night for PS3 with a full receipt. I was bummed, dont kno what I was thingking should have asked for a 360 copy (they had tons of sealed ones) and a gift receipt.

Tomorrow i will trade another QOS, GTA4 and MC: L.A. For a sealed copy I can return.[/QUOTE]

That's why I asked if they had sealed/new copies of FNR 4 before I even agreed to do the trade deal, since there was no way in hell I was going to take some 'newsed' display copy shit nonsense.

I still don't get why Gamestop, being as big a chain as TRU, can't fuckin' request display cases with display/sample artwork so they don't have to open up regular copies of these games.

It's absolutely, fuckin' ridiculous.

Finally popped this game into my 360. I think I like the mechanics in Round 3. There are things in Round 4 that make it an overall better experience but I think the gameplay just suffers in this one. Feels too simplified compared to the last.

BBV even gets display cases!!! I bought a few games yesterday that had "DISPLAY ONLY" and the price tag actually printed on the artwork itself. They can have the refurb place make new cases and inserts, but too much cost in printing out actual artwork? If they print one less sticker to place on the case, they'd have enough money to cover these costs.

Trading in QoS, WoS and GTAIV.

[quote name='Msantos91']I don't go to GameStop often (so I don't know the policies), and I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but:

Can I do 3 Trade-In's at one visit to the store?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. The associates will normally look at you oddly and ask why you need multiples. Also the games should be all different, no duplicates.

It has to be done in separate transactions, otherwise only 1 set of 3 will work (the lowest valued games), the rest will get the tiered trade bonus. I tried this during the recent EA Sports Active promo.

[quote name='iRent']Finally popped this game into my 360. I think I like the mechanics in Round 3. There are things in Round 4 that make it an overall better experience but I think the gameplay just suffers in this one. Feels too simplified compared to the last.[/QUOTE]

I finally downloaded the demo and tried it a few times last night. I did not enjoy it at all compared to the last version which I played alot of. I am so glad I did not open any of the copies I got of this yet since I dont think I am going to keep one of them. Only drawback is now I have to return 5 copies and not just 4 at least now with the extra copy to return I can get Tiger Woods for the Wii with the Motion Control Add-on which I was on the fence about.

Went straight into my Gamestop, 5 minutes later had a brand new copy of FNR4 for 360.

Traded in QoS, Bioshock, and Spider-Man WoS. All from Blockbuster.

I went to a different Gamestop to return the FNR4 I bought yesterday. The manager said "I'll let it pass this time but next time I'm going to have to take off the bonus trade value you got." I told him I would like to see him try to pull that because that is not corporate policy. He said "I'm just trying to protect my business." I told him he didn't do a very good job because he would no longer be getting my business.

trade in 2x QoS, and another game for it....spent 29 at BBV, now if I go ahead and return it, will I be issued at $60 credit, dont really care for FNR4, the recpeit shows the extra trade in values, would rather put the credits to COD

Why do people feel a need to act like entitled brats? The reality is, the deal is trade three of these games in for FNR4. End of discussion. It's not trade in three of these games for $60 credit. Now, the system allows you to get away with returning the game and getting full credit, so if you want to do, that's fine. I have no problem with that. That doesn't mean you have to act like a jerk when a manager calls you out on what you're doing.

[quote name='mastere333']I went to a different Gamestop to return the FNR4 I bought yesterday. The manager said "I'll let it pass this time but next time I'm going to have to take off the bonus trade value you got." I told him I would like to see him try to pull that because that is not corporate policy. He said "I'm just trying to protect my business." I told him he didn't do a very good job because he would no longer be getting my business.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, just be happy he let you do the trade. No need to be a jerk to someone just doing their job. If I were him, I would have laughed at your "like to see you pull that" comment and then not have done the exchange. You know damn well that you're taking advantage of an already great deal to benefit you even more, as does everyone else here doing the trade-in/exchange (myself included). This sense of entitlement that some people get is astounding.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Why do people feel a need to act like entitled brats? The reality is, the deal is trade three of these games in for FNR4. End of discussion. It's not trade in three of these games for $60 credit. Now, the system allows you to get away with returning the game and getting full credit, so if you want to do, that's fine. I have no problem with that. That doesn't mean you have to act like a jerk when a manager calls you out on what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that 100 percent. Why act like a dick when you are doing something sleezy like that. Its better that they dont get your buisness anyway seeing as you are trying to screw them then acting like an asshole on top of it.

I laughed when I turned in my 3 games, used the Edge card, got the free game, and still got an extra $2.xx refund since you don't pay tax on credit in Texas.

Free game and a slight refund to boot.

[quote name='jdlmm80']I agree with that 100 percent. Why act like a dick when you are doing something sleezy like that. Its better that they dont get your buisness anyway seeing as you are trying to screw them then acting like an asshole on top of it.[/QUOTE]
I concur, Your getting a massive deal on one of the best trade in deals of the year, proceeding then to do something pretty low. And then act like a little brat when the guy calls you out on it but still lets you do it.

[quote name='Shinoto']I concur, Your getting a massive deal on one of the best trade in deals of the year, proceeding then to do something pretty low. And then act like a little brat when the guy calls you out on it but still lets you do it.[/QUOTE]
I agree but I'm still going to try to do it twice. :cool:
I'll probably put $5 of each towards a preorder to ease the transaction, if it seems the clerk is on to me. Even if I don't pick up the preorder, i'm still making $35 in credit.

[quote name='whymustiregister']YMMV.

It has to be done in separate transactions, otherwise only 1 set of 3 will work (the lowest valued games), the rest will get the tiered trade bonus. I tried this during the recent EA Sports Active promo.[/QUOTE]

I think it matters what kind of register the Gamestop has.. when i first traded for FN4, they had to scan a coupon to get it to work.. I went yesterday to pick up 2 more copies and they were able to ring all six games up and get the total to tax only all without the use of a coupon.

[quote name='jdlmm80']I agree with that 100 percent. Why act like a dick when you are doing something sleezy like that. Its better that they dont get your buisness anyway seeing as you are trying to screw them then acting like an asshole on top of it.[/QUOTE]

Wow....this entire thread is basically everybody talking about how they are doing the same exact thing, but I'm the one who gets called out on it. The only reason I even said anything back was because the manager was being a complete dick to me. Whatever.....sorry I shared my story. I'm sorry I have nothing positive to contrubute. I'm sorry you guys are all perfect. The point is, if somebody is being a complete dick to me I'm not going to stand there and take it. If he was polite to me I wouldn't have even said anything.

Well, you were the only one there, so we'll have to take your word that he he was being a dick. But to us, pointing out that he was letting you slide is not being a dick about anything. Maybe, he was nasty the way he said it, but again, we weren't there, and nothing in your first post suggested he was being a dick. He just sounded like he was doing his job.

Sorry, I should have explained the situation better. Looking back at the post I can see how it came off and I probably didn't word it the best way I could. But, trust me I wouldn't have said a thing if he wasn't rude to me. I know it's kind of shady, but the guy was being a complete ass. He wasn't even the one processing the return, and he snatched up my receipt from the cashier after she had already ran it through.

Do you need a gift recepit? I didn't get one, but still have my normal receipt. I normally wouldn't do this, but it's the only way I can afford ghostbusters. Don't mean to tell my sob story, but was given a paycut a month ago and had to cancel my ghostbuters pre order. I had 3 games that applied, so traded them in this morning with the hopes of exchanging it tonight - but only have a regular reciept.

That's fine. I'd go to a different store, but you should be able to return, and use that credit for GB.
Sorry about the paycut. :(

Thanks for your sympathy and the advice! This site and community have been a huge help in keeping my budget in check. Thanks again!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Why do people feel a need to act like entitled brats? The reality is, the deal is trade three of these games in for FNR4. End of discussion. It's not trade in three of these games for $60 credit. Now, the system allows you to get away with returning the game and getting full credit, so if you want to do, that's fine. I have no problem with that. That doesn't mean you have to act like a jerk when a manager calls you out on what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

Massive +1. And also, I'll bet he didn't say a word to the manager other than, "Oh, OK, thanks". Man, the internet breeds cyber gangstas.

[quote name='berzirk']Massive +1. And also, I'll bet he didn't say a word to the manager other than, "Oh, OK, thanks". Man, the internet breeds cyber gangstas.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right, that's exactly what I said. Sorry I crapped on the thread......I'm done

[quote name='mastere333']I went to a different Gamestop to return the FNR4 I bought yesterday. The manager said "I'll let it pass this time but next time I'm going to have to take off the bonus trade value you got." I told him I would like to see him try to pull that because that is not corporate policy. He said "I'm just trying to protect my business." I told him he didn't do a very good job because he would no longer be getting my business.[/QUOTE]

hahahah. you thought you were being cool and everything thinks you're a douche.

[quote name='confoosious']hahahah. you thought you were being cool and everything thinks you're a douche.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't read the whole story. Why would I post something like that to try to be cool? My main point in posting it was to give a warning to other people trying to do the same thing that they might run into a bit of trouble. I know I said I was done, but I just couldn't let this one pass by without a response. There is no need for the personal attacks. Sure, I probably could have handled the situation a little better but whatever. I'm sorry I have taken this thread in the wrong direction, but there really is no need for comments like that.

[quote name='confoosious']hahahah. you thought you were being cool and everything thinks you're a douche.[/QUOTE]

Wait he said
" trust me I wouldn't have said a thing if he wasn't rude to me. "

So why is everyone getting mad at him, I won't put up with that crap, I treat everyone with respect, and I expect the same from them, especially when I am the customer.

I understand where you, and the manager are coming from. But I do think you should have bit your tongue because he did call you out on this "scam". I do however find it funny that he caught onto you. The two times I've done this so far, the employees only said, "Odd that you're returning FNR4". To that I replied something like, "Yeah, I don't know what my mother was thinking". They should have looked at the receipt both times, I had only traded for it an hour prior.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from. So far I only get upset when some BBVs tell me I can't trade in games. So frustrating when I was following policy, but took advantage of their poor system and trade values which still exist.

[quote name='HandsHeldHigh']So if I got an unsealed New copy, I won't be able to return it?[/QUOTE]

I had no problem returning it for store credit...I used a gift receipt.

[quote name='fshaia']Wait he said
" trust me I wouldn't have said a thing if he wasn't rude to me. "

So why is everyone getting mad at him, I won't put up with that crap, I treat everyone with respect, and I expect the same from them, especially when I am the customer.[/QUOTE]

Because when you're doing something shady and circumventing the rules, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

The promotion is to get a copy of FNR4. Now, there might be a behind the scenes kickback or something from EA or whatever that you don't know about. The point is that it's specifically for FNR4. People have figured out that if you get a gift receipt, you can return it and get whatever you want. So basically, they gamed the system.

Hey, if you want to do it, go ahead. I personally haven't. But don't get all uppity because a gamespot manager didn't fall all over himself to help you game the system.

Handsheldhigh- make sure it at least has that retarded plastic circle seal that GS puts on their "new" games.

[quote name='confoosious']Because when you're doing something shady and circumventing the rules, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

The promotion is to get a copy of FNR4. Now, there might be a behind the scenes kickback or something from EA or whatever that you don't know about. The point is that it's specifically for FNR4. People have figured out that if you get a gift receipt, you can return it and get whatever you want. So basically, they gamed the system.

Hey, if you want to do it, go ahead. I personally haven't. But don't get all uppity because a gamespot manager didn't fall all over himself to help you game the system.

Handsheldhigh- make sure it at least has that retarded plastic circle seal that GS puts on their "new" games.[/QUOTE]

The point is that the manager didn't have to get rude, he could have just said I can't do it or whatever.

And what is shady, GS is still getting 3 games that they can sell for over inflated prices, for a product that they probably didn't pay anywhere near retail for, and I will bet they do get kickbacks on top of it all.

And speaking of shady, is it allright to buy a used game from someone and sell it for 300% profit ? it works both ways, just my 2 cents, have a good one

[quote name='CaoPi']has anyone had luck with trading in disc and case only with no cover art or manual?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I actually did that today. No case art or manual for ps3 bioshock. It was just in a plain dvd case. No problems on my end.

[quote name='fshaia']The point is that the manager didn't have to get rude, he could have just said I can't do it or whatever.

And what is shady, GS is still getting 3 games that they can sell for over inflated prices, for a product that they probably didn't pay anywhere near retail for, and I will bet they do get kickbacks on top of it all.

And speaking of shady, is it allright to buy a used game from someone and sell it for 300% profit ? it works both ways, just my 2 cents, have a good one[/QUOTE]

Good point. I agree with you a 1000 percent. There is never an excuse to be rude, just say I'm not going to do it (the store down the street will do it). They make so much money off of us(maybe not CAG ers) anytime I can take advatage I will

so I got fight night through this promotion I traded in 2 from target I got awhile back where were saints row 2 and mortal kombat dc universe and quantum of solace which I got way back during best buy 10 dollar sale, overall though it was worth it fight night is better than all 3 of those pieces of crap put together :)

did this promo the other day and traded in Saints row 2,mortal kombat vs dc and quantum of solace, so basically I got rid of three not so great games which I got at cheaper prices for one great game which is retail for 59.99 and I even got 10 cents back on my edge card lol :)

Yeah, I grabbed another copy today from my local GS, the manager made a little note on my receipt...Whether it's because of complaints of returned FNR4s, or because he thinks I take advantage of his store, I don't know...sigh...

Easily fixed though, whatever.

[quote name='fshaia']The point is that the manager didn't have to get rude, he could have just said I can't do it or whatever.

And speaking of shady, is it allright to buy a used game from someone and sell it for 300% profit ? it works both ways, just my 2 cents, have a good one[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between a profit margin and getting around the spirit of a deal by getting the gift receipt/whatever.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything or trade in anything at GS for a third the selling price. It's a free society.

Let me just ask you this: if returning with a gift receipt wasn't shady, why do the people who do it have to go to a different GS to do it? Why not just return it right there? Because they know it's not part of the deal.

I don't really care what other people do. All I'm saying is that it's shady and you know it.

bread's done
Back