Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']You can't return them??? Even if they work???

Anyone else sure about this?[/QUOTE]
You're only supposed to be able to return them if they *don't* work. In that case, where they had no additional copies of the game, they offered me an exchange or cash refund (my choice). It's YMMV though.

Dang, I never heard of not being able to return something the next day with a receipt. Not at a game from blockbuster or anywhere.

Thanks a lot, I hope I can return them, if anything I'll get the store credit at Gamestop. Crap. Thanks again

edit-so wait I should just say they didn't work??
It didn't seem like they had more than 1 copy for most of the games.

would I be able to get store credit?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Dang, I never heard of not being able to return something the next day with a receipt. Not at a game from blockbuster or anywhere.

Thanks a lot, I hope I can return them, if anything I'll get the store credit at Gamestop. Crap. Thanks again

It didn't seem like they had more than 1 copy for most of the games.[/QUOTE]

Well I just bought something there a few hours ago and the guy said "keep your receipt, you can return it within 30 days". But now that I think about it I haven't ever returned used games to BBV so maybe he meant you can only get back another copy of the same game. I did return some unopened new games a few months ago and the clerk treated me like I had insulted their mother.

It sounds like the other CAGs in this and the BBV thread are giving you the right info. If there are no other copies of the same games in the store you should get cash or store credit back, but if they have extra copies you might be stuck getting the same game back. Who knows though, its YMMV, but I wouldn't wait. Either take them back to BBV and try to get a refund or take them and trade them at GS. Even better if you have 2 other games trade in 6 games to GS and you get 50% bonus credit (40% promo + 10% edge) You should at least break even that way. Good luck!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']
It didn't seem like they had more than 1 copy for most of the games.

would I be able to get store credit?[/QUOTE]
I was merely stating what I was told is company policy on returns, not implying that you should scam them. Don't do it unless you want a junior detective checking your account because you lied about the condition of the games just so you can return them.

Anyway, they took down my personal information when I returned the non-working games. They'll probably do the same for you.

Then again, this is all YMMV. Some stores are more strict about returns, some are less...

How is GS with trading in games without the cover art? I realize this is YMMV, but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has traded any games that didn't have the cover art. I have one that is just in a generic BBV case and I'd like to use it to get FN4.

[quote name='MoonSpoon']How is GS with trading in games without the cover art? I realize this is YMMV, but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has traded any games that didn't have the cover art. I have one that is just in a generic BBV case and I'd like to use it to get FN4.[/QUOTE]

i haven't had any trouble trading to GS without cover art or manuals

usually they just check the disc for scratches.. one game i traded was a generic black disc case from BBV

[quote name='MoonSpoon']How is GS with trading in games without the cover art? I realize this is YMMV, but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has traded any games that didn't have the cover art. I have one that is just in a generic BBV case and I'd like to use it to get FN4.[/QUOTE]

It shouldnt be a problem. They might try to slap on a fee, which is very YMMV.

Alright, just traded them in and they didn't care about the two generic cases (and no manuals). No sales tax either. Good stuff.

I'm probably one of the few that is gonna keep Fight Night, haha. :)

Well just got my FNR4. Cashier didn't even know this was going on when I said I wanted to trade these 3 games and get it. He wanted me to bring 3 more to get the 40%.

I just went back to BBV and was able to return the games I foolishly bought. Very much YMMV, but I think only if the BBV gets no business would they not refund the money. I had no problem at both stores, at the 1 store the guy mentioned that the sales were sort of final but that was it. It was only a few hours later though also.

[quote name='Sam111111']*crosses fingers, hopes the 'Buy FNR4 and trade for Blazblue' program is working ...*
Will try later today.[/QUOTE]

Well, I finally had success in trading in FNR4 for a preorder on Modern Warfare2 in Novemember. The guy was happy to do after telling me wouldnt do it for an already instock game. I guess he needed the paid in Full preorder for his numbers.

[quote name='MoonSpoon']Alright, just traded them in and they didn't care about the two generic cases (and no manuals). No sales tax either. Good stuff.

I'm probably one of the few that is gonna keep Fight Night, haha. :)[/QUOTE]

I plan to keep mine; just haven't had time to play it yet :(

[quote name='romodome']Well, I finally had success in trading in FNR4 for a preorder on Modern Warfare2 in Novemember. The guy was happy to do after telling me wouldnt do it for an already instock game. I guess he needed the paid in Full preorder for his numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is the way to do it. Just say up front that you want to return FNR4 and preorder something else instead and more often than not they will be happy to do so.

If the return with gift receipt starts to put up the flags, FYE is still an option with the brown bag promo. You'd get roughly $39.50 for it with the bonus. Not bad for $22.50 of games from BBV. I only have 1 to return, think I'll have the wife run it in.

[quote name='stone1061']If the return with gift receipt starts to put up the flags, FYE is still an option with the brown bag promo. You'd get roughly $39.50 for it with the bonus. Not bad for $22.50 of games from BBV. I only have 1 to return, think I'll have the wife run it in.[/QUOTE]

Does GS keep track of returns? and if so, how? Game card, address, phone number, etc?

Yah this was a huuuuuge deal yesterday.
Tried to exchange for BB and the guy like got on the phone went to the back room, kinda weird. Hes been really cool to me before though
2nd store also said no
If the trade in is 30 then with the promo you can get 45 for it. not the best of deals but whatevs

[quote name='jcizzla']Yah this was a huuuuuge deal yesterday.
Tried to exchange for BB and the guy like got on the phone went to the back room, kinda weird. Hes been really cool to me before though
2nd store also said no
If the trade in is 30 then with the promo you can get 45 for it. not the best of deals but whatevs[/QUOTE]

Anyone else having problems exchanging the game. If so what area do you live in ?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Nice deal, I know that I have some games to trade in towards this.
If I get a gift receipt, I would have no problem returning it for a full $60 store credit?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']hahaha. You think you can beat the system??[/QUOTE]

Were you able to?

[quote name='lude21']i returned mine today and got cash, lol GS...the gift receipt even said cash.[/QUOTE]

Probably because you paid your tax in cash.

[quote name='Link927']Probably because you paid your tax in cash.[/QUOTE]

Yup, i figured that...paid 97 cents difference,lol.

I dont see how they can refuse a return with a gift receipt, at least thats what I am hoping for. I still have 5 copies to return and all 5 of them have gift receipts. I am returning them all for upcoming games except I might use one return for Tiger Woods for the Wii. I planned on only doing this once and keeping that copy, but after I played the demo I deceided to return it for a NHL 10 pre-order. After that I got hooked looking for ways to get in on the deal. I got lucky at a few Targets than I found a good score at a Blockbuster and also dumped a few of my personal games and now one copy to return has turned into five.

[quote name='ajh2298']I dont see how they can refuse a return with a gift receipt, at least thats what I am hoping for. I still have 5 copies to return and all 5 of them have gift receipts. I am returning them all for upcoming games except I might use one return for Tiger Woods for the Wii. I planned on only doing this once and keeping that copy, but after I played the demo I deceided to return it for a NHL 10 pre-order. After that I got hooked looking for ways to get in on the deal. I got lucky at a few Targets than I found a good score at a Blockbuster and also dumped a few of my personal games and now one copy to return has turned into five.[/QUOTE]

5? :roll: Wow......they do have the right to deny a any return under circumstances as stated on the bottom of the receipt

[quote name='ajh2298']I dont see how they can refuse a return with a gift receipt, at least thats what I am hoping for. I still have 5 copies to return and all 5 of them have gift receipts. I am returning them all for upcoming games except I might use one return for Tiger Woods for the Wii. I planned on only doing this once and keeping that copy, but after I played the demo I deceided to return it for a NHL 10 pre-order. After that I got hooked looking for ways to get in on the deal. I got lucky at a few Targets than I found a good score at a Blockbuster and also dumped a few of my personal games and now one copy to return has turned into five.[/QUOTE]

Man, I hate people like you.

Kinda funny! I paid extra $5.XX after trade-in 3 games for FNR 4 (360). Today i returned the game with Gift Receipt instead Gift Card i GOT $64.XX cash :) I just smile & take off ;) Still have another 2 copies to return for GC tomorrow :)

[quote name='io']Yep, this is the way to do it. Just say up front that you want to return FNR4 and preorder something else instead and more often than not they will be happy to do so.[/QUOTE]
Great tip. :bouncy:

It doesnt matter with a gift receipt, because when you turn it in to get credit back on a gift card your receipt says on it that the previous purchase was from a Trade In to get FNR4. But all 3 of my copies had no problems returning. Thought I was gonna have a problem at one because the store i got it from the lady that waited on me was then at a different store i returned it to 30 mins later. But I joked around with her about just seeing her and happy I got a gift reciept because my "couisn" already had the game that I got it for

[quote name='Masterkyo']Kinda funny! I paid extra $5.XX after trade-in 3 games for FNR 4 (360). Today i returned the game with Gift Receipt instead Gift Card i GOT $64.XX cash :) I just smile & take off ;) Still have another 2 copies to return for GC tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I went back to return a copy of FNR4 w/ a gift receipt and got cash instead of store credit. When I went to a different GS to return my last copy of FNR4 they said since I had a gift receipt, they gave me a giftcard w/ store credit. Also, one of the times I traded the 3 games (GTAIV, QoS, Bioshock) for FNR4, I noticed the computer took advantage of 3 different promos: FNR4, EDGE, and some other promo. Even though I was hit w/ a refurb fee for one of the games, I still was able to get FNR4 and $2 back to my EDGE card because of all the promos.

was able to trade in 2 copies of QoS (360) and and folklore for FNR4. got the gift receipt and will return later for a Modern Warfare 2 preorder.

[quote name='darkpice']was able to trade in 2 copies of QoS (360) and and folklore for FNR4. got the gift receipt and will return later for a Modern Warfare 2 preorder.[/QUOTE] Weird, I did the same thing. Found 2 QoS and a Folklore at my local Blockbuster.

So, watch out for this on your receipts, my flipping friends.

One of my FNR4 trades, unbeknown to me - was re-priced at $29.99 and he just slightly adjusted the trades manually instead of doing the deal.

If i was to return it I'd only get $30 credit back - bad news. Fortunately a buddy is wanting to buy it for me for $40 cash, and I wouldn't have minded keeping one copy of the game anyway. But just watch out for that.

Seems like a good way to get yourself fired at gamestop by manually adjusting the price of a game by half, but whatever.

[quote name='jer7583']So, watch out for this on your receipts, my flipping friends.

One of my FNR4 trades, unbeknown to me - was re-priced at $29.99 and he just slightly adjusted the trades manually instead of doing the deal.

If i was to return it I'd only get $30 credit back - bad news. Fortunately a buddy is wanting to buy it for me for $40 cash, and I wouldn't have minded keeping one copy of the game anyway. But just watch out for that.

Seems like a good way to get yourself fired at gamestop by manually adjusting the price of a game by half, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

I would assume the employee would need to explain to his/her manager later once they look at the books, if this went unchecked, well, $5 games anyone? Maybe he didnt know the promo was automatic so he just adjusted it? Sounds a bit odd though

all my local gamestops have been opening up ALL their copies of FNR4 to prevent returns via gift receipts i assume. had to really sweet talk the gamestop employees to get a sealed one :/

Going to try to return one tonight with gift receipt to an out of the way Gamestop. Going to exchange it for Wheelman, Hawx, and Bionic Commando, I hear Blockbuster is looking for them.:lol:

[quote name='denshaotoko']all my local gamestops have been opening up ALL their copies of FNR4 to prevent returns via gift receipts i assume. had to really sweet talk the gamestop employees to get a sealed one :/[/QUOTE]

eh which region are you located at?

bah, I won't even bother with the FNR4 thingie now. Just seems like too much of a hassle and I'm burned out from these trade in exploits. I just want KOF 12 and then I'm all set for new releases for awhile.

[quote name='CaoPi']eh which region are you located at?[/QUOTE]
Sorry i should've mentioned. Houston TX inside the 610 loop. I've seen this at 3 gamestops so far. In one instance as soon as i traded in a sealed FNR4 they cut it open and put in in their case.

[quote name='denshaotoko']Sorry i should've mentioned. Houston TX inside the 610 loop. I've seen this at 3 gamestops so far. In one instance as soon as i traded in a sealed FNR4 they cut it open and put in in their case.[/QUOTE]

That blows :bomb:, I can imagine in TX, a state with so many people. Has anyone seen this in the Cali region?

Well I've returned 2 no problem, but I have 2 more without gift receipts (I forgot), but I hope that won't give me problems. I do have an extra gift receipt from one of the earlier transactions... could I use it again, or would the computer show that the game from that transaction was already returned?

I traded for one today and asked for a gift reciept. The guy gave me one but wrote on it "Trade 3 promotion" with the date and initials. I took it back and said "Isn't the point of a gift reciept so the person doesn't know how I paid for this? Now he'll know I traded games for it and think I'm a cheap ass..." He gave me a new one no problem.

[quote name='safire']Well I've returned 2 no problem, but I have 2 more without gift receipts (I forgot), but I hope that won't give me problems. I do have an extra gift receipt from one of the earlier transactions... could I use it again, or would the computer show that the game from that transaction was already returned?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? A gift reciept does link back to the original transaction, if its been marked as returned, it'll be filed under a returned transaction. If you were to try, you'd probably get banned under some sort fraud, actually, I believe someone was already banned for returning with the original and gift receipt from the same transaction.

[quote name='sbaker44']I traded for one today and asked for a gift reciept. The guy gave me one but wrote on it "Trade 3 promotion" with the date and initials. I took it back and said "Isn't the point of a gift reciept so the person doesn't know how I paid for this? Now he'll know I traded games for it and think I'm a cheap ass..." He gave me a new one no problem.[/QUOTE]

I was just told that it can't be returned even with a gift receipt. Any truth to that or was the clerk blowing smoke up my ass? I still told him that I still wanted the gift receipt and I received one. This is the first time I have traded games into GameStop in at least 3+ years.

bread's done
Back