trade in 4, get 1 new release free at eb (only sports exclusions)

Things to note:

A. This deal sounds like garbage, but these days you never know.

B. Your topic title is COMPLETELY misleading. It should say trade in 4, get 1 new release free.

C. According to that GameFAQ's post (*gag*), there ARE exclusions, those being sports titles.

D. According to that GameFAQ's post (*choke*), the trade-ins must be this gen.

E. I hate referring to GameFAQ's message boards for ANYTHING. Those "people" are a bunch of idiot 5 year olds.

F. Lastly, and most importantly, can anyone confirm? It would be good to head over to Gamestop and cash in on the buy 2 used, get 1 free deal for this if it is indeed true.

I would like to call them and verify but I am a lucky victim of strep throat this week...they wouldn't be able to hear me for shit.

Hey, don't be so hard on the guy. The topic is NOT misleading.

This may be a likely scenario at some locations but I'm sure it's YMMV type of thing. I say this because they DID run the FF:CC deal for the last 3 days. However, I've called my local EB in the deroit MI area and they are running no such deal.

I dont trade in. I bought 4 games at blockbuster and got them CHEAP. They weren't sport games but he was like they are (He gave them some name and wouldn't take them) the game was like tekken tag and some others. I hate eb and gamestop.

[quote name='scuba']I dont trade in. I bought 4 games at blockbuster and got them CHEAP. They weren't sport games but he was like they are (He gave them some name and wouldn't take them) the game was like tekken tag and some others. I hate eb and gamestop.[/quote]

Not sports, but POX.

EDIT: I'm not even going to bother with this deal. I have really culled my collection down quite a bit to just the games I know I like. 4 for 1 is a shitty deal anyway, unless you have a stockpile of lousy games to dump.

Yeah, 4 for 1 is such a rip off. I can't believe people actually do this. Why not just wait a little bit, save and then get the game?

If this turns out to be true then I'm cleaning out Gamestop tommorow.
Fantavision, Jet Set Radio/Sega GT, Blood Omen 2, and RTX were all cheap games available in abundant numbers. The 3 for 2 deal and extra 10% off makes it even sweeter.

i asked if they were doing any trade in deals at eb last friday and the guy behind the counter said the only deal they had was the ff:cc trade in deal or trade in 5 games and get $25 bonus in credit on top of the trade in credit.

Unless you get lucky and find an employee who doesn't care, these deals are horrible. Pretty much everything that was released more than a couple months ago is excluded. Not worth the effort. Even if you find four $5 games that they will actually accept, that's $20 for a $50 game. Is that $30 worth your time and effort to find games and a clerk that will accept your offer?

Oh, and everything you said about GameFAQs is 100% true (although I admit I can't help but read their boards anyway from time to time because they are so hilariously stupid).

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Is that $30 worth your time and effort to find games and a clerk that will accept your offer?[/quote]

Why yes it is. I'm a hardcore cheapass and I will fight for the last penny. I was driving all across NJ to hit up the $10 rebate so I'll work 3 times as hard for $30!

Can anyone confirm any NJ locations? I'm about to hit up the Princeton and possibly Quakerbridge locations. I doubt they'll accept my games but I was going to go there anyway.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Unless you get lucky and find an employee who doesn't care, these deals are horrible. Pretty much everything that was released more than a couple months ago is excluded. Not worth the effort. Even if you find four $5 games that they will actually accept, that's $20 for a $50 game. Is that $30 worth your time and effort to find games and a clerk that will accept your offer?

Oh, and everything you said about GameFAQs is 100% true (although I admit I can't help but read their boards anyway from time to time because they are so hilariously stupid).[/quote]

This is worth it for me as my local gamestop/EB/TRU/CC and other game store, are near one another.

[quote name='magilacudy']
Can anyone confirm any NJ locations? I'm about to hit up the Princeton and possibly Quakerbridge locations. I doubt they'll accept my games but I was going to go there anyway.[/quote]

I'd be willing to say NO on the P-Ton and East Windsor locations, both are pretty strict with the rules since a big employee turnover right after christmas, and it seems those two exchange employees as well. I couldn't tell you about the 'Bridge, but if anyone finds out, I'm curious as well.

I traded in Splinter Cell (bought used and didn't notice at the time that the manual had been mauled by some animal...literally :(), Beach Spikers, MechAssault, and Virtua Fighter 4 Evo for a Onimusha 3 preorder. I'd say I came out very well considering I paid very little for most of those in the first place, and they're all pretty much worthless now. :)

BTW, Beach Spikers was the only one the system kicked out, but I know the guys there & they made it work anyway. ;)

bread's done
Back