trade in ANY five games get one free

that sucks! :( i dont know how long its been going on for. i just found out when i was there today. the "any game" thing rocks. finally, i can clean out the closet.

I don't know why people say "Free". Sure, you don't actually spend any money on that game, but you are handing over five games that you have, at some point, spent money on.

Having said that, if you've got five games you don't want, it's definitely worth doing. :)

heck yeah its worth it. i handed over 4 old madden games that trade in for 3 bucks a piece or less. i got one shiny new madden game(that'll be worth the same in a year)lol

[quote name='PaulEMoz']I don't know why people say "Free". Sure, you don't actually spend any money on that game, but you are handing over five games that you have, at some point, spent money on.

Having said that, if you've got five games you don't want, it's definitely worth doing. :)[/quote]

I don't have a Media Play nearby . . . but some folks are buying $20-25 worth of used games, taking them in and walking out with a $50 "new" release . . . that's pretty cool.

Does anyone know if this includes Steel Battalion cause' my MP has like 5 boxes stacked .

[quote name='Orga']Does anyone know if this includes Steel Battalion cause' my MP has like 5 boxes stacked .[/quote]Do you mean the game with controller? I would have to say no. :?

sure it is. im going to eb to pick up some used crap from the five dollar or less bin. i spend 20 or less and get fifty bucks worth of game.

If I'm correct, MediaPlay is a Musicland company, right? Since Sam Goody (the only Musicland store in my city) is from the same company, are they also doing this deal? I don't recall them taking trade-ins.

I guess this is a big fat YMMV since, at every Media Play I've ever been to, the games you trade have to be ones that they sell new for 19.99 and up. And I don't believe this applies to ANY game. It has to be 49.99 or less (sorry, keep dreaming about that Steel Batallion). Also, some Media Plays will not take PS1 games, and some have been known to exclude certain new releases.

there limitations arent written in stone. the guy i dealt with took my ps1 games(new and still in package) and also my madden games which are worthless for ps2. booyah

The hastings deal has you trade in xbox games for an xbox game or ps2 games for a ps2 one, maybe even ps1 games for a ps1 not sure on that.

I traded in 4 crappy games today for Fable so I'm pretty happy with that. I was suprised they even took Tony Hawk 2x though they wouldn't take Fever 2003 they said they don't take old sports titles but that appears to be about all they don't take.

It was mentioned that this was on tuesdays (at Media Play)

Does it have to be a new release that you're trading for, or any new game?

bread's done
Back