Trade-in deals at GS/EB- 10%/20%/30% Extra when you trade in 3/4/5 Games Repectively

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Earn an Extra 10%, 20% or 30% Credit

In-Store Offer Only
Not only do we admire thriftiness, but we'll also reward you for it. Now through November 25, when you trade in 3, 4 or 5+ games, you'll receive 10%, 20% or 30% extra trade-in credit respectively. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-in Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. See our site for further details.
clear.gif

Straight Out of Today's Email...

Ends 11/25

Before bonuses

PSP
Gunpey, $4

PS2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, $5
Downhill Domination, $2.50
Dynasty Warriors 5, $9
Full Metal Alchemist 2: The Crimson Elixir, $6
Magna Carta, $9
Splashdown, $1
Twisted Metal Black, $2.50

Here are some more trade in values:

Gamecube:
Super mario Sunshine $5
Super monkey ball 2 $3

Ps2:
Blade II $3.00

Ps3:
Madden 08 $25
Virtua tennis 3 $12

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']I did quite well with this deal, and they stacked my gameradge card. I did some research, and if I'd used eBay, and count the listing fees, I'd have made less.

I tried to post the trade-in values, but the Cag wiki won't let me register. There's no place to do it :(

I put it all towards my Rock Band pre-order:)[/quote]

Trusty,

Only certain members have access to make changes to the CAGWiki.

If you post the trade in values you received, before the extra percentage, the moderators will make sure they get updated.

While I was at GS on Friday morning, I asked about the trade in values for the BF sale items. They were all about $1 less than the BF prices. I bought 3 extra copies of Rainbow Six Vegas PSP ($10 each) and 1 extra copy of The Simpsons Game PSP ($17 at Target). Trade-in was $9 and $16 respectively. With GoSudoku! gathering dust, I am hoping to bump up to 40% with the EDGE card.

9+9+9+16+who cares x 1.4= $18 profit!

If there is a game I want to pre-order, even more!

Thank you OP!:applause:

UPDATE:

Worked like a charm, and got the full 40% on everthing.

New Wiki info . . . all games PSP
Go!Sudoku = $4
Rainbow Six Vegas = $9
The Simpsons Game = $16

In the 8 page ad on the GS website, they have the buy 2 used get 1 free. Is that good online? It just doesn't say.

and still get the 30% offer? i got about like 18 ps2 games i want to trade in and 1 xbox 360 game towards a ps3 will i still be able to get that offer?

[quote name='sumguy206253']and still get the 30% offer? i got about like 18 ps2 games i want to trade in and 1 xbox 360 game towards a ps3 will i still be able to get that offer?[/quote]

Yes, you can use credit from used games on consoles. The 30% bonus credit doesn't depend on what you're buying, but rather on what you're selling.

Also, it seems this bonus credit offer has been extended to 12/9 rather than expiring today.

I traded in Super Smash Bros. Melee for $15
and Gears of War for $14... Just posting so maybe someone can update the Trade-in-values wiki or something. :)

i saw some kid trading in lots of bootleg gba pokemon games and the clerk kept asking him where he got all of them. i guess they are hard up for trades? the clerk still took them in though, kind of shady, on both parts.

I got the following amounts over the weekend:

PSP
SOCOM US Navy Seal Bravo - $5.00

Nintendo DS
Madden 2007 - $4.00
Spider-Man 2 - $2.00
Asphalt - $1.00
Yoshi Touch and Go - 6.00

PS2
X-Men Legends - $2.50
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - $9.00
World Championship Poker - $0.75
Madden 2002 - $0.20

Total after bonus - $43.12

So...they add on the 30% after they add up w/e the total amount is?

If I go there with like 10 games for example, can I give the first 5 games and get the 30% then give the next 5 for another 30% trade-in credit?

[quote name='NovaKane']So...they add on the 30% after they add up w/e the total amount is?

If I go there with like 10 games for example, can I give the first 5 games and get the 30% then give the next 5 for another 30% trade-in credit?[/quote]

Take a closer look at the ad. It's 5 OR MORE games for 30% extra.

[quote name='lowenbotten']Take a closer look at the ad. It's 5 OR MORE games for 30% extra.[/quote]

I know that, but I mean like separate transactions. Once I trade-in the first 5, I'll stop there, get the 30% and repeat the process.

I dunno, I was just thinking it could be done that way instead of giving them a crap load at once.

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, it can be done that way. Question is why would you want to make multiple stops to GS/EB. Once is enough for me...[/quote]

The answer is for the extra 30%. The real question is, is it worth that extra 30% to make those extra stops ;)

[quote name='NovaKane']I know that, but I mean like separate transactions. Once I trade-in the first 5, I'll stop there, get the 30% and repeat the process.

I dunno, I was just thinking it could be done that way instead of giving them a crap load at once.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter which way you do it, it comes out to the same regardless.

You get 30% more trade in value per game with 5 games or more and trading in 5 at a time or 10 at once wont make a difference.

Dont forget to use your EB Edge card for an additional 10%, I just did this yesterday and got $89 for 5 old PSP games.

[quote name='velvet396']The answer is for the extra 30%. The real question is, is it worth that extra 30% to make those extra stops ;)[/quote]

Right, but you get 30% on all games after 5. So why would you trade 5 games, make them put in the information and whatnot, print out out a receipt, sign it, etc. Then say 'alright, now do these 5 games' and do the same thing over again when you could've done it on the first transaction.

[quote name='velvet396']The answer is for the extra 30%. The real question is, is it worth that extra 30% to make those extra stops ;)[/quote]
I think you are confused.

Lets say you have 10 games, each with a trade in value of $10.

If you trade them all in at once, that would be $100, and you would get 30% extra, making it $130.

If you do them seperately, each transaction would be $50 (5 games x $10). 30% extra on $50 would equal a total of $65. Now 2 transactions (you're trading in 5 games two seperate times) at $65 equals $130. It is the exact same as if you did them all together.

Just curious, can the Rock Band crap for crap USB hub be traded in? I saw it listed for 24.99 and I don't really need a hub that requires an external source.

Huh?

lol!!!

[quote name='drfunk85']I think you are confused.

Lets say you have 10 games, each with a trade in value of $10.

If you trade them all in at once, that would be $100, and you would get 30% extra, making it $130.

If you do them seperately, each transaction would be $50 (5 games x $10). 30% extra on $50 would equal a total of $65. Now 2 transactions (you're trading in 5 games two seperate times) at $65 equals $130. It is the exact same as if you did them all together.[/QUOTE]

My first quick stab at the thread, I will try to contribute...

Maybe one wants to trade in the same game twice? It may be weird to trade in 2 Halo 3s. But in separate trips, it looks better...

Btw, is this still alive? I thought it died 11/25?

If its still alive, which games can convert credit from GR to GS?

Its going til 12/2 i think.

Halo 3 trades for $45.5 and sells for $50 used at GR. Super Mario Galaxy gets $39 and sells for $44 used. The only real 1:1 deals are going to be on random older games. Depending on when GR's B2G1 sale starts, you may be able to start turning a profit.

You can come out a little bit ahead already if you have an Edge card for the extra 10% on the trade-ins and extra 10% discount on the purchases

pardon my idiocy. case of the mondays?

[quote name='NovaKane']I know that, but I mean like separate transactions. Once I trade-in the first 5, I'll stop there, get the 30% and repeat the process.

I dunno, I was just thinking it could be done that way instead of giving them a crap load at once.[/quote]

:imwithst: This should be on the front page with billg

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']I really should have traded in Halo 3 when i brought in all the games I had on Sunday. Would have gotten $49 for it ($35 + 30% bonus + 10% edge).[/QUOTE]

Use the coupon and trade in Halo by itself for 40% bonus with edge :)

Traded in today:

(prices before bonus)
:360: Halo 3 - $35
:xbox: Halo 2 - $12
:360: Rainbow Six Vegas - $10 (ewww... kept this one)
:ps2: Katamari Damacy - $9
:gc: Animal Crossing - $6
:xbox: NCAA March Madness 2005 - $.25 (newly BC on 360!)

[quote name='Bezerker']Its going til 12/2 i think.[/quote]

Actually, the deal is active until 12/9.

I find it funny that both times I went into EB/GS to trade in that someone is getting rid of Halo 3.

I thought this was supposed to be THE game.

bread's done
Back