Trade in for cash questions...

AdemaSlipknotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm a new member...well, to be honest, I'm new at this whole thing. So I had a few questions. Brace yourself...

1.) Are the prices on the CAGWiki credit prices, or cash prices?

2.) In the case of a PSP, do I have to have the soft case that came with it, or no?

3.) Does anyone know how much game stores take off for cash trades? I know EB/GS take off about 20%, but all the best prices seem to be Gamecrazy/Gamerush...

4.) If i trade in a 360, and it is a premium, do i need to have the HDD as well? I had to replace my original Core at EB's, and at the time, all they had were Premiums. So they withheld the HDD, since I had bought a standalone.

5.) I think the answer is no, but does anyone know if I can sell a PS2 that doesn't work? The main reason I ask is because I know that EB's sells refurbs, but I don't know how they work...

Now, I know that trading them in for cash probably isn't the best idea, but I'm in a money pinch, and I need that money soon, so a garage sale or ad in the classifieds just isn't a viable option. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help.

1) Credit.

2) No.

3). 20% for GS, not sure about GC or GR.

4) No the HDD is considered a standalone and receives credit separately.

5) No.

If you thought about a garage sale or classifieds, why not try eBay? I used to avoid it for years thinking it was complicated but it really is so simple a monkey can do it. You only get a meager amount from GS and to take 20% off of that is just rape.

why don't you take a minute to make a trade/sell list for this site im sure some CAG'ers would help you out buy purchasing somethings or even trading some of it...

Yeah, I think they only give you around $10-15 for broken systems at GS. Although, you could try trading in the system, saying it works and hope like hell they don't test it?

I've never done that, but I have traded in PS2s with dying lasers before which were vigorously cleaned before trading them in. They worked good enough for their testing. And, the one had been improperly height adjusted(the laser) and it scratched my discs to hell. It proceeded to do the same to the discs they tested on the system.

I suppose people think you're supposed to keep a dying system around forever huh?

BTW, what's wrong with the PS2 that it's 'broken'? If its just that it doesn't read discs, then a simple laser cleaning would work to solve that for now.

Just to reiterate what people have already said, if you need quick cash why not put up a post about what you're looking to trade in and what you hope to get for the games? Maybe someone will want to take the whole lot off of your hands or, failing that, someone may buy what you have for a couple bucks over what you would get from EB/GS or elsewhere, cash-wise.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah, I think they only give you around $10-15 for broken systems at GS. Although, you could try trading in the system, saying it works and hope like hell they don't test it?

I've never done that, but I have traded in PS2s with dying lasers before which were vigorously cleaned before trading them in. They worked good enough for their testing. And, the one had been improperly height adjusted(the laser) and it scratched my discs to hell. It proceeded to do the same to the discs they tested on the system.

I suppose people think you're supposed to keep a dying system around forever huh?

BTW, what's wrong with the PS2 that it's 'broken'? If its just that it doesn't read discs, then a simple laser cleaning would work to solve that for now.[/quote]
Well, the door won't open. Though, that was a few years ago, shortly before the slimline models came out. So it may still work. Though, I still have to find the cables...:roll:

At the moment, I'm writing down all the values and adjusting them for cash reductions, and hoping this makes me $325 bucks...

[quote name='AdemaSlipknotX']Well, the door won't open. Though, that was a few years ago, shortly before the slimline models came out. So it may still work. Though, I still have to find the cables...:roll:

At the moment, I'm writing down all the values and adjusting them for cash reductions, and hoping this makes me $325 bucks...

bread's done
Back