Trade in old Nintendo DS

miriamleo

CAGiversary!
I have an old Nintendo DS fat, and a Nintendo DS Lite. I want the newly announced DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversary Edition very much. I wonder what is a good place to trade in my old DS for a new one. Do Gamestop give higher trade in rate if you trade in your old hardware for a new one? What is their trade in value? Does the value change if I still have all the boxes and manual?

I never trade in hardware before so I am clueless.

[quote name='miriamleo']I have an old Nintendo DS fat, and a Nintendo DS Lite. I want the newly announced DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversary Edition very much. I wonder what is a good place to trade in my old DS for a new one. Do Gamestop give higher trade in rate if you trade in your old hardware for a new one? What is their trade in value? Does the value change if I still have all the boxes and manual?

I never trade in hardware before so I am clueless.[/QUOTE]

2003? :hot:

reading is fundamental...

[quote name='miriamleo']I have an old Nintendo DS fat, and a Nintendo DS Lite. I want the newly announced DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversary Edition very much. I wonder what is a good place to trade in my old DS for a new one. Do Gamestop give higher trade in rate if you trade in your old hardware for a new one? What is their trade in value? Does the value change if I still have all the boxes and manual?[/QUOTE]

The only things that Gamestop wants when you trade in a system are the cables, batteries, and for the DS, the stylus. They don't care about boxes or manuals. You won't get much for your DS's...Certainly more than $8, but I wouldn't expect more than $20-30. I would hold off and wait and see if Gamestop runs another hardware trade-in promotion. I traded in a DS Phat during their last one and got a $25 bonus, making the trade totally worth it.

as always, you'd be much better off selling what you have and putting the money toward what you want. Trading in hardware is always a ripoff. They will give you $10 max and I've seen originals go for $50 on ebay.

bread's done
Back