Trade in Value on PS3 at Gamestop?

mackloon

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone knew what the current, as of 10/17/09 trade in value on the PS3 80GB system was at Gamestop? I have actually upgraded my 80GB to a 160, but regardless...the hardware is the 80GB software emulation backward compatible one. Anywho. If anyone knows let me know.

I was looking to swap it up for the PS3 Slim 120...I know that they were running the $150 towards the UG, but I think that expired.

Thanks

This is place to post deals, not ask questions like this...remove this thread....btw just call gamestop, it takes 5 seconds...

I believe the current trade in value is
Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here. Only registered CAGs have full access.
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

edit: Oh and that's a shame when a CAG in Training has to teach a CAG Veteran what to do.

I checked the trade in on that today when I picked up Uncharted 2.

Its $120 store credit for an 80gb backwards compatible, with cables and 1 controller.

Sweet...thanks! And nice pic of the dog. I have a mini Schnauzer too...

Also, I have the HDD upgraded to a 160GB. Not sure if that makes a difference on the trade in...I am just worried about my PS3 since it started acting a little funny the other day with 2 shut downs in about an hour span with a red blinking light popping up and me having to walk up for a reboot. I did not see a yellow light, however I am a little worried.

Thanks again for the information...and to the moderators...sorry for the initial mis-post.

Depending on your GS you might want to put the 80GB back in. You know because the 160GB looks different then the 80GB due to the CF, SD and PRO slots. I know that some were checking the HDD because people were trying to trade them in with a larger size HDD to get more $ or trading them in with no HDD in the past. Also make sure your warranty sticker is intact. Don't foget to bring the controller mini usb charger. Lastly cross your fingers that your PS3 does not blink when they turn it on.

I considered eBay or Craigslist, however I would have to disclose the recent...most likely overheat blinks...which will certainly discourage buyers.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']
i hope the light goes yellow on you when you take it to them[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='mackloon']Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, it is kind of a sleezy thing to do.

You get rid of a system that you modded to have a bigger HDD that isn't working right and some poor idiot gets your busted piece of shit.

If that does happen, then Gamestop will take care of that customer.

So, the customer ends up losing nothing, it's just the company.

And he didn't gut his system, the PS3 allows you for easily switching out your hard drives.

damn i was gonn a see if the OP would sell it to me.. so hence, if anyone whats to sell one let me know. I will also throw in a 120 gig gears of war zune and money.

As far as the blinking light is concerned. I think it is just due to my new TV stand...which is enclosed more than my last. That is why I was considering the new hardware...due to the smaller size and cooler overall system.

I would not BS anyone I sold it to, or the Gamestop rep. They would know what I was selling or trading.

I did not mod the system other than upgrading the HD on the software backwards compitlble PS3 to 160GB. Sage. If you are interested...everything stated is honest. Let me know.

Thanks

-mackloon

Only problem is, if you tell the employees it's been overheating when you try to trade it in at Gamestop, then they will only give you the trade value for a broken PS3.

Personally, I would try taking the PS3 out of the enclosed TV stand and putting it up on a well ventilated standalone table or something out in the open and if that fixes the shutdown issues, then you know that THAT is your problem.

And if you DO trade in your system to Gamestop and get a slim, keep it out in the open where it's well ventilated.

$120 trade in value? Why don't they just put a box by the door so you can just donate your unwanted games instead?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is, if you tell the employees it's been overheating when you try to trade it in at Gamestop, then they will only give you the trade value for a broken PS3.

Personally, I would try taking the PS3 out of the enclosed TV stand and putting it up on a well ventilated standalone table or something out in the open and if that fixes the shutdown issues, then you know that THAT is your problem.

And if you DO trade in your system to Gamestop and get a slim, keep it out in the open where it's well ventilated.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, on all accounts. You really need to make sure these systems from MS and Sony are well-ventilated.

Yeah...I set it up in front of the stand on a chair...it has been chucking away for hours...no problem. I was also wondering...the issue happened during COD4 at roughly the same spot. Does anyone know of a software glitch with that game...sadly I never bothered to beat the game...got sidetracked with online PvP, but I want to get the new MW2 and figured I should off this before that drops and the old one is worth far less on eBay.

[quote name='mackloon']Does anyone know of a software glitch with that game..[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of, as I beat the SP campaign straight away. That was a year ago, though, and perhaps a subsequent patch is causing your issue.

bread's done
Back