trade in value tracker incorrect?

warmsignal

CAGiversary!
I was just checking to see what people were getting for Hunted... since it's being sold used for $55 at Lamestop. It says that someone got $13 for their ps3 version? Is this accurate? Please tell me it's not. Tell me they don't actually buy something for $13 and turn around and try to sell it for $55?

If it's being sold for $55, then $13 sounds about right. Remember, they're the ones making money from trade ins, not you. If you want to get what it's worth, try somewhere else (amazon's TIV is $30.)

No, that's not right, the other posters are just busting on Gamestop. The base trade-in should be $28-30 since the game only came out last week. They might have cut it to $25 because there's a +50% trade-in bonus at the moment, but in any case you should walk away with at least $40 with PUR card.

For reference LA Noire trade in was $44.80 as of yesterday, and it came out a week before Hunted.

Infamous and Dirt are under $20 because of the 50% promo...once its over it'll go back up but you might not get as much

You think that's bad? Look at the trade-in prices for every DS model, then look at what they sell them for used.

Original DS - $10
DS Lite - $15
DSi - $25
DSi XL - $50

They then turn around and sell them for $80, $90, $130 and $150 respectively.

Right now they're worth 35, 40, 50 and 75 since they're getting an extra $25 each. And most Gamestops have plenty if them because of what they were giving towards the 3DS when it came out.

[quote name='donkeydrop']No, that's not right, the other posters are just busting on Gamestop. The base trade-in should be $28-30 since the game only came out last week. They might have cut it to $25 because there's a +50% trade-in bonus at the moment, but in any case you should walk away with at least $40 with PUR card.

For reference LA Noire trade in was $44.80 as of yesterday, and it came out a week before Hunted.[/QUOTE]

TIV is based on its resale value, not when it came out. LA Noire is worth more because it sells better.

[quote name='Survivalism']TIV is based on its resale value, not when it came out. LA Noire is worth more because it sells better.[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't read the original post the resale is $55 the same as LA Noire. For a $60 game the resale the first few weeks is always $55 and trade-in starts at $28 and for the next week or two ranges from $25-30 depending on how many get traded in.

[quote name='donkeydrop']In case you didn't read the original post the resale is $55 the same as LA Noire. For a $60 game the resale the first few weeks is always $55 and trade-in starts at $28 and for the next week or two ranges from $25-30 depending on how many get traded in.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say it sells for more. He said it sells better. I.E. more copies are sold more frequently.

bread's done
Back