Trade Madden 2004 at Gamestop and get Madden 2005 for $32.74

[quote name='Dazz']This is a deal i saw in gamestop today so it may vary. Personnally i think its a smack in the face deal. :x[/quote]

That's not a deal...unless you're one of those gamers who shells out $50 for the same damn game every year. The game's rules don't change, and it's not like the new version is going to be wildly different. Why waste your money?

Personally, I'm still fine with my copies of Madden 64 and Quarterback Club '98 for my N64...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='Dazz']This is a deal i saw in gamestop today so it may vary. Personnally i think its a smack in the face deal. :x[/quote]

That's not a deal...unless you're one of those gamers who shells out $50 for the same damn game every year. The game's rules don't change, and it's not like the new version is going to be wildly different. Why waste your money?

Personally, I'm still fine with my copies of Madden 64 and Quarterback Club '98 for my N64...[/quote] Thats true but Madden 64 didn't even have real players names. N64 Quarterback Club games were very underated

Well the last madden I bought was madden '95, and that was for 30 cents. :p

I'll probably buy Madden 2003 soon or 2004 when it gets down to the 10-15 dollar range, since it looks pretty good.

I do think that Madden 2004 was alot better than 2003 because of the new franchise mode and playmaker. They really do need to start overhualing the graphics though. It will be interesting to see what they add this year though.

Does anyone here who played Madden 2004 think the Playmaker mode was too easily exploited?

Personally I think it made the gap between a newbie and a seasoned player that much wider. You could run away with games if you were proficient enough with it. I don't know how they would be able to tone it down with losing its usefulness.

[quote name='Dazz']This is a deal i saw in gamestop today so it may vary. Personnally i think its a smack in the face deal. :x[/quote]

So that's $18.26 for 2004? I just got mine in december for $40 these sports games depreciate faster than hyundai's

i am just posting what i saw and i stated the deal sucks major azz. And Madden does change every year. That goes to whoever stated that dumb comment abouall maddens being the same.

not bad if you are sports gamer wanting the annual update for 2005. shit, dont start crap with all madden games being the same--i can say the same with those final fantasy bullshits they release every year. so dont thread crap.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='Dazz']This is a deal i saw in gamestop today so it may vary. Personnally i think its a smack in the face deal. :x[/quote]

Personally, I'm still fine with my copies of Madden 64 and Quarterback Club '98 for my N64...[/quote]

for some reason i loved madden 64....im sure if i look at it now itl will look like crap but i jsut love the intro for that game....quarterback club was very good the first few years.,..it looked incredible

Why hasnt anyone mentioned ESPN 2k4 from Sega which got all around better reviews. Madden is dead....been so for a few years. EA doesnt rule the sports arena anymore...they just have zombie fans that continue to buy the latest editions regardless of the fast that their are better and cheaper alternatives.

no one mentions ESPN cause it's a joke. the gameplay is perhaps on par with madden, but the game as a whole is a sloppy mess. retarded franchise mode, bugs that have been there for 4 years and running, glitches up the wazoo on and off the field, terrible online performance, terrible online interface, wasted developement time on useless modes and features (cribs, first person), and to top it off the game drops price by mid-season cause no one is buying it. why should anyone talk about it? if it's your opinion espn is better no one can argue with that, but dont say EA is putting out the same game every year. if you were a hardcore madden fan you'd appreciate all the little things they fix each year. it's hard to make giant leaps every year when you're the king of football.

I admit they have fallen a bit in football but i still think Madden is the best. Actually besides hockey and basketball I'd say they have the top game in every other sport (well except tennis too).

[quote name='defender']Why hasnt anyone mentioned ESPN 2k4 from Sega which got all around better reviews. Madden is dead....been so for a few years. EA doesnt rule the sports arena anymore...they just have zombie fans that continue to buy the latest editions regardless of the fast that their are better and cheaper alternatives.[/quote]

You're on absolute crack. Dead? Please. You either have an agenda or you're incredibly ignorant.

[quote name='defender']Why hasnt anyone mentioned ESPN 2k4 from Sega which got all around better reviews. Madden is dead....been so for a few years. EA doesnt rule the sports arena anymore...they just have zombie fans that continue to buy the latest editions regardless of the fast that their are better and cheaper alternatives.[/quote]

seriously dude, you dont know what kind of talk is that. zombie fans? wtf kind of general statement is that bullshit. why dont you go back to your little hole and play your "all around better [reviewed]" game and stop trolling in boards you stupid fock.

and no, espn and visual concepts do not make a better game than madden. there is a reason why visual concepts was fired from EA to make their sports franchises. ESPN football close, yes. surpass? no.

I like the Sega/ESPN line of basketball games better, but there is NO WAY you can say they beat Madden. IMO, Madden 2004 is the best sports game ever. Plus, since it's more popular, it's easier to get a group of people to play or have a tournament.

ESPN Football (2004) is a better game than Madden 2004. Madden has a better franchise mode, but ESPN's gameplay is so much better it's unreal. They are both great games, and I'll probably be buying Madeen 2005/NCAA 2005 (the college game is absolutely amazing) and ESPN Fball 2005 too.

[quote name='sononkyo'][quote name='defender']Why hasnt anyone mentioned ESPN 2k4 from Sega which got all around better reviews. Madden is dead....been so for a few years. EA doesnt rule the sports arena anymore...they just have zombie fans that continue to buy the latest editions regardless of the fast that their are better and cheaper alternatives.[/quote]

seriously dude, you dont know what kind of talk is that. zombie fans? wtf kind of general statement is that bullshit. why dont you go back to your little hole and play your "all around better [reviewed]" game and stop trolling in boards you stupid fock.

and no, espn and visual concepts do not make a better game than madden. there is a reason why visual concepts was fired from EA to make their sports franchises. ESPN football close, yes. surpass? no.[/quote]

[quote name='AlanSaysYo'][quote name='defender']Why hasnt anyone mentioned ESPN 2k4 from Sega which got all around better reviews. Madden is dead....been so for a few years. EA doesnt rule the sports arena anymore...they just have zombie fans that continue to buy the latest editions regardless of the fast that their are better and cheaper alternatives.[/quote]

You're on absolute crack. Dead? Please. You either have an agenda or you're incredibly ignorant.[/quote]

1: Defender's not the troll, you two assholes are. Come back when someone gives a shit about you or your opinion.

2: As a whiole ESPN >>> Madden any damn year, and its been that way since nfl 2k, madden 2000.

3: ESPN didn't drop price till less than a month ago, and even then it only dropped 10 whole dollars. NFL 2k3 was the one that had itys priced slashed midway through.

4: If you think that a game not selling well has any correlation to how it is, then your one of those god dammed zombies he mentioned.

1: Defender's not the troll, you two assholes are. Come back when someone gives a shit about you or your opinion.

2: As a whiole ESPN >>> Madden any damn year, and its been that way since nfl 2k, madden 2000.

3: ESPN didn't drop price till less than a month ago, and even then it only dropped 10 whole dollars. NFL 2k3 was the one that had itys priced slashed midway through.

4: If you think that a game not selling well has any correlation to how it is, then your one of those god dammed zombies he mentioned.[/quote]

MOD LOCK PLEASE

people like you love that david--goliath complex too much. its like, oh look at poor little sega sports. the little engine that could...please, save that shit over in some other post. same old shit, different diaper.

The dude went into a post and crapped all over the game. granted, the original poster craps the game itself but that aint the point. the point of this thread is to alert a discount of sorts talk shit about the discount--ok...but if you aint buying the game so who the fuck is he to tell me that madden sucks. if a mod ever looks at this, i think he knows i bring in a valid point because the post is for EA madden people, not a debate over which game is better or not.

1. do i care about your opinion?
2. yeah, great for you. how come if the game is so great and shit, are you posting in boards telling how much EA sports game suck. fucking retard.

ESPN's presentation is better, Madden's gameplay is better. Teh end.

[quote name='sononkyo']
MOD LOCK PLEASE
[/quote]

Is someone afraid of losing an petty arguement? Getting the last word in with a bunch of "fucks" and "shits" isn't going to make you the winner. :p

*sigh*, the little newb isn't even worth it. Like I said to dickhead #'s 1 & 2: come back when we give a damn what you think.

As for the David-- goliath complex bullshit, that would be true, if only I hated EA games, which I don't. In fact if you take a gander at my collection, you would see that your quite wrong. :roll:

From gamerankings.com

ESPN NFL Football - 89.3%
Madden 2004 - 89.8%

(Xbox versions, PS2 version has a larger gap)

Not saying citing reviews are the end all to the argument, just wanted to put this out there since some have claimed one is better reviewed than the other.

Personally, I'm still fine with my copies of Madden 64 and Quarterback Club '98 for my N64...[/quote]

Because fans of the series want the new changes. The A.I. is different, the franchise modes are different, there are new players, updated off season moves, better graphics, new commentary, new unlockables, new mini games, new owner mode, new gameplay tweaks, such as playmaker.

That argument would be me saying like I dont understand why anyone would get the new Splinter Cell. The game's rules or controls havent changed. It's not wildly different. Why waste your money?

There are those that love to play and master sport games, just like those that like to master fighting games, or action games, or whatever genre they like. Is it that hard to realize this and to realize that different gamers will like different genres? I thought by now that all of this would be obvious to everyone? Great that you still play Madden 98. There are those that love the NFL and love football games and have to play the most superior version. All of the things I listed in my first paragraph were just improvements in one year, from the 2003 to the 2004 version. I personally had long mastered 2003 and 2004 gave me new challenges for a few months. Then there's online play, which adds replay value until 2005 hits.

I personally still could throw in Mortal Kombat II for the SNES and be perfectly happy with that for my fighting game fix. But I wouldnt come into a thread about the latest SNK fighter, or Street Fighter game and start telling people how I cant understand that they are wasting their money when there is a perfectly good Super Street Fighter 2 to play.

As far as the ESPN vs Madden thing goes, they both have great points, they both have weaknesses. For anyone to say that one of them blows is just being a fanboy for the other. Both are good games and both are worthy of playing. I would say Sega held the advantage in 2000 and 2001 easily, but in 2002, Madden started getting back in the game and they have both been great games since then.

bread's done
Back