Trade with danthemightyone appears to have gone bad,

I called yesterday, but didn't reach anyone, it rang through to voicemail. I didn't feel inclined to leave a voice mail as I don't want him ducking me. I plan on calling again tomorrow. I gave the number to RolloBobbo and Sunstar, did either of you manage to reach him?

We're going to feel like a bunch of asses if he's in the hospital or worse...

I just can't believe he'd be a scammer - tons of trades went really well, then suddenly no communication? It's got to be an emergency...

Yeah, I had a few great interactions with him as well as a very successful trade. I can say I was honestly shocked to see him having an issue here.

I have been thinking for quite sometime that someone was going to find out he had an accident or something to explain all this.

Of course, it's bad to hope for something like that, but I really didn't get the "scammy" feel from him at all.

In any case, I had to take him off my positive CAG list until we get some more information. Does anyone live in his area?

Well I've called a couple more times, nobody ever answers. I am at a loss now, I've also been in communication with a third person at GameTZ that had a trade with him go bad during this same time. So the count is now 4 people (including me) that have been ripped off by this guy.
I suppose I'm going to start calling at obscene times and see if I can convince someone to answer the phone via annoyance...

Since he is a Canadian CAG I would suggest you guys start up a thread in the Canadian section of the site and maybe someone that knows him or lives near him can get a hold of him or help you guys out in some way. I think someone stated he lives in Toronto and we have a whole bunch of people from Toronto that post in the Canadian forums so posting over there might help out.

[quote name='killmak']Since he is a Canadian CAG I would suggest you guys start up a thread in the Canadian section of the site and maybe someone that knows him or lives near him can get a hold of him or help you guys out in some way. I think someone stated he lives in Toronto and we have a whole bunch of people from Toronto that post in the Canadian forums so posting over there might help out.[/QUOTE]

Good call, I started a thread over there. I appreciate everyone's help and input on this thanks.

This is strange. I traded with him a little over a month ago without any problems. It went pretty smoothly, so it's hard to imagine that he would all of a sudden try to start scamming people.

Seems unlike him to do this since hes a pretty established member and traded a lot. I mean he even has a guide on his cml on how to trade safely on cag, it seems complete uncharacteristic. Wonder if something happened to him.

hey, you never know what the person on the receiving end might be thinking. I am an honest trader, I never would have expected a trader with a feedback to do this sorta stuff, but this is online. You should never leave your guard down. I have also met some ridiculous trading partners but none like this. I feel sorry for you man, hope everything gets back on track.

Here's an idea - has anybody tried sending him a letter? Like an actual in-the-mail-with-a-stamp letter? Address it to "Family of xxx" and explain the situation. We might actually get a response that way...especially if something happened to him, health-wise...

For what it's worth, I was recently in trade negotiations with a CAG. Luckily I traded AIM/XBL, because a few days later I got a message on XBL saying his laptop was completely broken, so I was forced to communicate with him solely via XBL (which was quite annoying until I found a usb keyboard to use). The trade negotiations ultimately took over a month and then fell through, but that's another story.

Anyway, just putting this out as an option, because it seems entirely plausible, noone mentioned xbl/psn here yet.

That may be a good idea, but I have called his house line, the number is registerd to a different first name then his, so i assumed that to be his family. And they never answer

All three of those bad trader reports on GTZ say he hasn't signed in since around the 9th or 10th of March, and OP says he hasn't contacted him since around the 12th.

I dunno. Plus, after reading the individual reports, it seems highly unlikely a guy would just drop out of every single trade he's in at the exact same time, given some of the circumstances of the trades. GL.

[quote name='priest_ridden']That may be a good idea, but I have called his house line, the number is registerd to a different first name then his, so i assumed that to be his family. And they never answer[/QUOTE]
My unsolicited advice: Leave a message. Seriously. I understand you're nervous and whatnot, but at least make the effort to reach out and attempt direct contact. Lots of people have caller ID, and lots of people wouldn't pick up if someone from a strange area code or another country were calling. That same group of people will check their voicemail.

If you leave a message, you can say to CAG and yourself that you did all you could. It will also make it more real if he is scamming and he'll know you're on the ball. Take note of the time/date you left the message. Be cordial the first time -- you don't know what could have happened. Then give a few days; if no response, try again -- maybe being a little less nice. I mean, he does conceivably have hundreds of dollars of your stuff.

I had a scammer years ago on CAG (iloveapplesduh, as if it matters), and it got solved. The dude was finally badgered by me and the mods (thanks Shrike et al) to refund my money. I hope this works out for you, but you gotta help yourself in every possible (rational) way. You're doing good so far; just go the extra mile and actually leave a message.

fuck it - if nobody wants to send him a letter, I will. Somebody PM me his address, and I'll do it. Preferably somebody w/ a pending trade...

I was just going through some old PMs on RFD and this guy hooked me up with a staples coupon about a year ago. He hasn't checked into RFD since December 08, however.

[quote name='dinobot']Sorry for your loss...

from dan's posts, i'd say something probably went wrong.. maybe family emergency or something of that sort. hopefully some1 will get a hold of him.

i am sure some1 said this, but did you look up his info on the net? like yellow book or anything of that sort.[/QUOTE]

Short of someone being dead, comatose, or unable to communicate, there's very few excuses in my book to not log on (or have a friend/family member if you're unable) and respond to obvious attempts at trying to get a hold of you. In those rare extreme conditions I would obviously look past the delay or months of non-correspondence, but what else could be so bad that you are oblivious to these lingering responsibilities are there?

What I'm trying to say is that even if there was a death in the family... even if it was a parent or something, I think a 3 week span (from the time the OP said he shipped to the time the OP was made) is enough for someone to take 3 minutes and say "Hey, there was a death in the family and I'm sorry that I can't make shipping your items or paying you a priority at the moment but I haven't forgotten the deal".

It's not that I'm without compassion or anything, actually quite the opposite, but I'm sure the last thing you want if you're grieving is to have the police show up at your door investigating.

I keep a text file on my desktop with the contact information of everyone I'm currently in a deal with and if I was in a bad situation I could easily have someone hop on my computer and call/write/email these people and inform them of what's going on.

I don't wanna sound like a hardass, but the "maybe something happened to him" is rarely the case.

Heh, sorry to everyone who read all that and listened to me vent a bit.

^ The death in the family may have been his own. All people can do is treat it as any other trade gone bad. Make every effort to get in touch. In other words someone with an address send a letter and address it to him and family. In the event something happened to him I recommend you include an e-mail addy as well. Then if he did die his family or friends can reply quicker. Bottom line: No one will be getting there stuff most likely.

Well, it's been a long time and we still haven't heard anything so, I think his real name is Bo Il Yun and Andrew was just his English name. I only have 日本語 and English on my PC, but if any of you can type actual Chinese characters and know what his name would be, I'd recommend a search in Chinese. I know that Ottawa has a Chinese newspaper... Maybe they would have something in their records just in case something did happen.

[quote name='snakelda']Well,his profile says he logged in in 5/31/09.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough it now gives a 06-01-2009 log in date on his profile here.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Rozz']Interestingly enough it now gives a 06-01-2009 log in date on his profile here.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Said 5-31-2009 at 6:13 when I just checked.

[quote name='Bomfy']Said 5-31-2009 at 6:13 when I just checked.[/QUOTE]
Did you click the link I posted? Still says June 1st for me.

I don't understand why there's 5 pages defending this guy. I have traded with him and yes it was a good trade THEN. This is now, and obviously he has gone bad. If he wanted to fix what he did wrong he would have by now.

[quote name='Rozz']Did you click the link I posted? Still says June 1st for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir I did, just again too. Says 5-31 for me as last activity.

[quote name='Bomfy']Yes sir I did, just again too. Says 5-31 for me as last activity.[/QUOTE]

I took a screen cap:

My wife accidentally clicks on the CAG bookmark all the time. It doesn't really mean anything. I'm leaning toward something big happened and hope that everything is going well and he'll be back full time soon.

I think part of everyone wishes it were something big, exciting, tragic that happened, or at least a good reason he would disappear, I mean hell anything sounds better than ANOTHER scammer. But in all actuality it's probably some guy who figured there's nothing that can be done to him and just upped and vanished with peoples shit. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, otherwise this will just be another person on my CAG shit list.

[quote name='Rozz']I took a screen cap:

[/QUOTE]

I did as well, it's weird it's showing two dates. I'm rather new, so I have no idea if it's frequent, I just find it strange. This is my first time posting a pic, so I hope it goes right.

cagpicl.png

By bomfy at 2009-06-03

That failed, let me try again

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Different time zones?[/QUOTE]

I guess that makes sense. :lol:

I have never traded with anyone on this site, but I was reading through this thread and wanted to offer a few experiences I have had from other sites and some advice for those that got scammed.

I trade quite a bit on bluray.com and highdefdigest.com. We had members on each site that had around 100 feedback of great trades. These were members whom everyone had dealt with, knew by name, even knew their phone numbers.

At the beginning of this year, these members went renegade. They agreed to deals (one member did it with about 30 members, the other traded with over 60), then never sent what they agreed to send. (their names are Keith Roberson and Mark Sommer if they try to trade here). They decided to cash in their years of good trading, friendships, and great feedback record for a quick score or quick buck.

Times are hard right now and people are doing awfully ridiculous things for money. It looks like this website is facing the same exact things. Just because these people were great traders then, does not mean they will not rip you off now.

I was ripped off of 3 blurays I sent to one member, the guy that ripped off 60 different people, and never received a thing.

The good news is, agreeing to a deal online is a binding agreement/contract. Save all your PMs, emails, and delivery confirmation numbers.

Best things to do is contact the authorities. You start with the authorities in the area of the person you traded with. If these scam artists, cause that is what they are now no matter what their past is on this site, live in Phoenix, contact the Phoenix Police Department. Be honest, tell them you have all the information, tell them this person has been scamming multiple people, BUT BE POLITE.

Next, fill out a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. It is very easy to do. You can give them all your PMS, emails, and everything. It is an easy form to fill out and will get a record on these scam artists.

You can fill out the complaint form here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Be diligent, but be polite and honest with the authorities. At this point, this is all you can do.

I think the only thing more disturbing than the mysterious dissapearance of danthemightone is the mysterious dissapearance of.... the OP. it doesn't look like they've signed in since the 12th of may. I don't know if they're still actively trying to solve this issue outside of CAG but I think it might be safe to assume the whole thing's a wash.

I think the only thing that WE can do, meaning us the bystanders(the OP could and most definitely SHOULD take the legal route if he hasn't already given up on the whole thing) would be to actually pay a visit to his residence. Obviously no making threats or other terrible acts, but just to see if you can politely talk with them or whoever's there and ask what's up. Iif he's not dead or incarcerated or anything else like that and he's just pulling a scam I'd think even the friendliest of encounters would be enough to put him on tilt, it makes him realize this issue is no longer "harmless impersonal online scamming" and is in fact a real issue with real people. I'd like to think it wouldn't be hard to find someone in the immediate area... hell if the people that pulled the apple notebook prank on the scammers could find a helping hand all the way in the UK we could do it for canada.

Last edited:
[quote name='snakelda']Well,his profile says he logged in in 5/31/09.[/QUOTE]

F@# This guy

[quote name='eastshore4']I think the only thing more disturbing than the mysterious dissapearance of danthemightone is the mysterious dissapearance of.... the OP. it doesn't look like they've signed in since the 12th of may. I don't know if they're still actively trying to solve this issue outside of CAG but I think it might be safe to assume the whole thing's a wash.
[/quote]

I've been calling his number regularly, no answer, no answering service. I've sent emails, to the email addresses I have and I've tried PM's at various site's he's registered at. I just haven't been on CAG as I've been busy.

[quote name='eastshore4']I think the only thing that WE can do, meaning us the bystanders(the OP could and most definitely SHOULD take the legal route if he hasn't already given up on the whole thing) would be to actually pay a visit to his residence. Obviously no making threats or other terrible acts, but just to see if you can politely talk with them or whoever's there and ask what's up. Iif he's not dead or incarcerated or anything else like that and he's just pulling a scam I'd think even the friendliest of encounters would be enough to put him on tilt, it makes him realize this issue is no longer "harmless impersonal online scamming" and is in fact a real issue with real people. I'd like to think it wouldn't be hard to find someone in the immediate area... hell if the people that pulled the apple notebook prank on the scammers could find a helping hand all the way in the UK we could do it for canada.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that the legal route is the only one left to me at this point. As he's not dead he logged in less then a week ago. He's just a scumball scammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back