Traders beware, scammed by Lawliet156

ThirdEchelon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Probably should have known that it was too good to be true, but I took a chance as he has 100% feedback. He offered 4000 MSP for my Alan Wake full game code. I sent him the code, and it's been two days, with no response from him. I friended him on XBL, he asked who I was, I told him, and he denied me and has not messaged me since. I see his XBL account, L 4 W L 1 3 7, has also been flagged as cheating. Again, I know I should have known it was too good to be true, but just wanted to let everyone know. :bomb:

0 posts.

Definitely looks like you got scammed, but to be honest, these are extremely hard to track down since it looks like all he has done was traded codes and what not.

Good luck, and hope everything works out, and don't let this deter your experience on CAG, but just for future preferences, check out feedback first just in case, post count, how long they've been a member.

It won't prevent being scammed 100%, but it will make it harder to get scammed.

Anyways, good luck.

Also, I would send a PM to a mod, for example Pookymeister or Shrike4242, if you haven't already.

[quote name='Squarehard']0 posts.

Definitely looks like you got scammed, but to be honest, these are extremely hard to track down since it looks like all he has done was traded codes and what not.

Good luck, and hope everything works out, and don't let this deter your experience on CAG, but just for future preferences, check out feedback first just in case, post count, how long they've been a member.

It won't prevent being scammed 100%, but it will make it harder to get scammed.

Anyways, good luck.

Also, I would send a PM to a mod, for example Pookymeister or Shrike4242, if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the time of the trade, he was 4/4 on trades. I was wary of the post count, but with 4/4 I thought it might be OK. The uneven trade should have tipped me though. I sent a PM to a mod, thanks for the info.

He also took my Male and Female Adidas Superstar outfit and claimed they did not work and left me neutral feedback. Literally, 5 mins before I traded I checked the codes out, and they worked. What a jerk.

Since I had higher feedback, I pressured him into sending his part first, which he did- and worked fine.

Sorry you lost something very valuable. Hopefully you get some sort of compensation back. Here's hoping!

Its scum like this that give CAG a bad name, please don't let one cheating individual ruin your experience on this great site.

Sorry about the codes though although yeah 4000 ms points for an alan wake game code would be very unlikely. I mean 4000 ms points are like $40, you can get a retail copy of alan wake for that amount. I would have offered maybe 1600 ms points for that code. Sometimes its best to stay clear of too good to be true offers.

You need to be smarter next time. I'm sorry for your loss, it does suck a lot, but this had bad news written all over it. Trading with someone who has no posts, joined in January, and only has 1 trade, is not someone you should send to first, EVER. Stick with the vets for trades until you build up some marketplace feedback and are able to push the other person into trading first so you don't get put in this situation again (cause i'm sure he pulled the "I have more feedback than you so you have to send first" crap).

[quote name='Darknuke']You need to be smarter next time. I'm sorry for your loss, it does suck a lot, but this had bad news written all over it. Trading with someone who has no posts, joined in January, and only has 1 trade, is not someone you should send to first, EVER. Stick with the vets for trades until you build up some marketplace feedback and are able to push the other person into trading first so you don't get put in this situation again (cause i'm sure he pulled the "I have more feedback than you so you have to send first" crap).[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly

[quote name='Darknuke']You need to be smarter next time. I'm sorry for your loss, it does suck a lot, but this had bad news written all over it. Trading with someone who has no posts, joined in January, and only has 1 trade, is not someone you should send to first, EVER. Stick with the vets for trades until you build up some marketplace feedback and are able to push the other person into trading first so you don't get put in this situation again (cause i'm sure he pulled the "I have more feedback than you so you have to send first" crap).[/QUOTE]

At the time I traded with him he had a 100% trade rating 4/4. It says he has 1 trade now because the negatives have cancelled his positive. However, I agree I should have been more skeptical.

Here's the final outcome:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5931/alanwakec.jpg

I didn't get everything I was owed, but I took what I could get.

Did you give Alan Wake? Cause Alan Wake for 1600 is more fair. Though I can see why you would be mad after getting excited for 4000.

I think this should probably be stickied now since there is proof that he not only scammed you, but scammed several people.

All the other people who have traded with this guy needs to get their resolution for their cases as well, because this is just straight up wrong, and he's also a terrible liar.

If I would have known people would go this far, I would have never thought of scamming.

What a joke.

Someone should really track down his full address and everything and find this guy and beat him with a 2x4.

[quote name='nnthomas']Did you give Alan Wake? Cause Alan Wake for 1600 is more fair. Though I can see why you would be mad after getting excited for 4000.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I agree that the "revised" trade is more balanced. But I'm more upset over the principle of it.

[quote name='ThirdEchelon']Yes, and I agree that the "revised" trade is more balanced. But I'm more upset over the principle of it.[/QUOTE]

It's not even what's a fair trade, or what's not a fair trade at this point.

He admitted to trying to scam you along with everybody else.

And the point is you got nothing at all from the original trade.

Had you gotten 1600 points straight up for Alan Wake, then nothing happened after that, it would be a whole different story, and in the end you might have just said, alright, whatever.

This is just beyond ridiculous and the guy got caught, and he should be seen as the criminal he apparently wants to be.

This makes me sick! People like that really do give CAG a bad name! I've been with the site for a year now, but I didn't participate in the marketplace until recently. It's people like him that make it hard to do trades on here with low trade experience. You run the risk of getting scammed by someone like him.

Too bad we don't have the guy address, we could all contribute to send the guy a few orders of this thing: poopsenders.com LOL, I don't know if it really works but I would totally contribute for that.

fuck that guy! So you only got 1 1600 points code?

That's why you gotta be careful who you deal with to many little kids like to play. Look at feedback, length of time and board use. After all those signs trust your gut not your head saying good deal.

LMAO @ poopsenders.com I think i'll order some elephant shit for my friend. That's worth $20 just to read the replies on Facebook. lolol

Please don't let this situation be indicative of how trades go on CAG. This is a rare incident and not how things go down around here.

[quote name='ThirdEchelon']Last update for this:

He sent me another 1600 MSP code, and I've changed my feedback to Neutral.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that's at least a step in the right direction.

At least he's actively trying to make things right now.

I shall give him a neutral thumbs sideways.

bread's done
Back