Trading In Forza 2 to Blockbuster

CAG Veteran
I am going to trade in Forza 2 to my local blockbuster. Problem is that it is the version of the game that was packaged with the 360 premium (so it says not for resale on the front and on the back where the UPC should be). My blockbuster will only take games that have cases so just trading in the disc isn't an option. Is there any way i could cover up the "not for resale" without them getting suspicious? I am thinking about cutting out the not for resale on the back and hope they don't notice the front one.

hmm thats stupid that your store doesnt take them w/o a case. I work for BB/gamerush and we take em without covers. You could either cut out the upc not for resale (just say you needed it for a rebate) or switch the case with one thats on their shelves with a upc.

Is it at all possible to print out another copy of the cover off the internet and use some high quality paper? It seems like a hassle, I know.

i decided just to cut out the not for resale things. i used an exacto knife and it worked perfectly. I'm going to be heading to blockbuster in the next hour so i'll post the results when i get. If they ask why its cut out ill just say i needed the proof of purchase.

I had a Lost Planet disc only to trade in, I just took one of the Lost Planet rental cases while I was in the store with the disc, stuck the disc in the case and traded it in.:lol::applause:

[quote name='Nesmaster']I had a Lost Planet disc only to trade in, I just took one of the Lost Planet rental cases while I was in the store with the disc, stuck the disc in the case and traded it in.:lol::applause:[/quote]

haha balls

Next time this happens, just try trading it as is. Don't have much to lose. If they say no, THEN you take other measures and trade it in at another BBV.

sorry im late posting my results (i ended up buying gears of war using some credit so i was kinda busy to say the least). anyways, they didnt even ask me why there were some parts cut out. a friend came with me who also had a not for resale copy and he was able to trade it in even though the not for resale was still there. so ya my trip to bbv ended up being an epic win. btw forza 2 TIV is $36 at blockbuster.

Ha ha I just recently purchased a used Devil May Cry from EBgames that was from the DMC collection with the caption on the back " Part of a Set not for Individual return or exchange" they just covered that with the used game price sticker...

Last Friday the TIV for Forza 2 at EB was $23. Should still be the same, but I called it in last week. TIVs help me decide what games to play next. ;)

Also, their promotion is still running that you could get $28 for it if you trade in 10+ games. I traded in 17 games this week and got an additional $85 ($5 per game), so even some PS2 games I picked up cheap traded in for 8-10. I only ended up having 3 worth more than $8 so I used those for 3-1 for Mass Effect. And remember that EB credit is more like the TIV + tax. In this case BBV is still better for Forza, but some games are better at EBG.

[quote name='mkrowe']Last Friday the TIV for Forza 2 at EB was $23. Should still be the same, but I called it in last week. TIVs help me decide what games to play next. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised its that low, I traded in COD3 for 28$ a month or two ago and it's been out much longer than forza 2 and it was in some 360 console bundles.

Not really surprised at the low TIV for Forza2... the Pepsi WEH contest gave out probably a hundred of those games.

The COD3 bundle was pretty rare and wasn't around for a long time.

bread's done
Back