Trading in New sealed games qusetion

Yonex204

CAGiversary!
I know people are gonna hate me for this but... i finally recieved 3 nhl 08 from playing that pepsi contest. Now the thing is, is that i don't have a 360 so i want to some how sell them.
So i am wondering if EBgames would take them for full value? or any other places. I'm hoping to get enough for a ds lol. Also..i know it's gonna make me REALLY suspicious trading in 3 of the same game, so any suggestions to how i should sell them/trade them? (beside Ebay...too much hassle)

Well, Wal-Mart and Zellers give you the lowest price they had the game for in the last 30 days if you try to return without receipt. It is fraud however... You just give your drivers license or something to ID yourself and they put your name in their system.

EB would give you the regular trade in value whether or not it's sealed.

Or you can sell locally using craigslist or RFD or something.

I see. I don't think i want try the no reciept thing..don't want to get in to trouble lol. Hm, how bout blockbuster?

If you want retail for it, then you will need to "return" it or sell it to someone on ebay/craigslist

There is no way that a store will buy the game from you at full retail. They can buy it from their distributor for a lower price. Going to BBV or EB will get you trade in value.

The Walmart return is best option to get the most money, same with zellers. There is the small chance that you get caught, and that would suck.

P.S. You suck for winning 3!

Alright. thanks for the replys everyone. I just have one more question, if i did "return" it..would they give me a giftcard or cash?

[quote name='Yonex204']Alright. thanks for the replys everyone. I just have one more question, if i did "return" it..would they give me a giftcard or cash?[/quote]

Store credit card, I just returned the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition, because that didn't go how I planned. :lol: Got the retail value of $70 and my $6 back in tax. Spent $80 for it I think at ebgames?

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Store credit card, I just returned the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition, because that didn't go how I planned. :lol: Got the retail value of $70 and my $6 back in tax. Spent $80 for it I think at ebgames?[/quote]

I wonder if Walmart here would take my copy back. Im in the same boat as you lol

Could always do Goozex, too. 950 points, i'm sure you'd get a match right away, and I've found that sending sealed games tends to get you 50pt tips, so you'd probably be looking at 1,000 there...so about $50 if you're cool with the Goozex way of doing things

Just to let you know some wal-marts are starting to no longer take games without receipts...at least in NC this is the case.

when i got two copies of resistance for christmas i went to a rogers video (receiptless) and just said i got it as a present and it was purchased at one of there stores....but i wasnt sure which one (**it was actually from future shop). they let me trade it for another brand new game...try that with two of your copies for the whole 3 of the same game issue

[quote name='Mr_Deltoid']3 copies ?! I can't even win one...[/quote]

+1

There a lot of clueless people out there who will buy your copies for $50, even $55. Cash >>> credit, IMO.

I believe Zellers discontinued their "games without receipt" policy: it didn't work the last time I was there.

[quote name='Yonex204']Well guys. i decided to just go with Ebay. So if anyone is interseted. its starting at .99 cents the link is
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130161737967&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

free shipping if its by one of you CAG =)[/quote]

"
s.gif
US $10.00 (Approximately C $9.81)"
*looks at approximate value*
Holy crap that feels good.

I'm really hoping I can return my preordered games at walmart or something... I have 6-70$ games coming and could def. use the money instead of the games.

bread's done
Back