Trading in Old PS3 for new PS3?

ahchamna

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So my ps3 just got the YLOD so I'm thinking of getting a slim rather than fixing it since I've heard it only lasts around 9 months tops. Are there any places that will take my PS3 for trade-in credit towards my purchase of the newer PS3? I think Gamestop is 50$, and best buy is 42$. I'm trying to get more than that, and as much as possible. I will probably fix it then trade it in. My ps3 is the 40gb model with a 500gb Hard drive which I will take out when I trade it in. If not the case, does anyone know where I can find someone, besides SONY, to fix my PS3. Because it costs 150$ for SONY, I might as well just buy a new one.

1) there's a ps3 trade in thread in the deals section.
2) where are you getting $150 from? You should be able to get a 160gig refurb no questions asked from Sony for as little as $99, $129 at the most. Check the thread on slick deals

yeah i saw that, but my ps3 is not eligble for both of those deals considering that SONY doesn't accept G01 models. I don't want it to get repaired because I know it will get YLOD in a couple of months anyways, I'd rather get a new PS3 Slim. The service charge to repairing it is 100$-150$ by reading it off the website.

bread's done
Back