Trading sites and scammers?

noodles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Since finding the CAG site, I have been turned onto the various trading sites like gametz, tradegamesnow. Well, the other day I had someone email me claiming they saw my listing on gametz. They said they had two things on my Want list, were interested in two things on my Have list, and wanted to know if I would like to trade. I wrote them back asking if they had a profile on gametz, and what it was, and asked them why they hadnt just sent me the offer in the gametz system. They replied that they 'hadnt been on gametz in some time' and asked if we could send the items at the same time for the trade.

So, I wrote them back that there was no way I would send first or at the same time since the trade wasnt being tracked on the gametz website, and could send links to my EBay, tradegamesnow and CAG feedback if they wanted verification of my trading history. Told them that I would need them to send first...and since then I have not received any replies.

Safe to assume it was some scammer trying to get me to ship 'same time' while they didnt send anything? This a halfway common occurrence from trolls lurking on those trading sites, looking for suckers? Any recourse on my end, short of possibly posting this kind of 'word to the wise' here?

[quote name='noodles'] Any recourse on my end, short of possibly posting this kind of 'word to the unwise' here?[/quote]

Fixed

yea man, i personally dislike GTZ because ive been scammed twice on there, one for a ds plus dastlveania dos and another for 100 dollars. just my luck, and i only have 3 feedback on there. also tgn has less scammers, but it is pretty much dead

I've actually bought/traded with 3 zero feedback users here (at CAG) and we sent the same time during trades or I sent first in case I was the buyer. I know its risky but I only did it if they had something I really wanted and they really didn't seem like they were trying to scam me. There was that one girl (or guy?) "kim shop" or "kim shot" I think, who was total BS all the way though I never fell of his/her scam.

Besides, if you track something via USPS and they claim to have not received it, then that's mail fraud if the tracking shows that the item was delivered. That person could be fined up to $5000 or 5 years in prison.

Anyway, I've never had any trouble... except with people outside the US. I've had two Canadians saying they sent me their half but I never received anything. And then I had some guy in Mexico whose package I received but he claimed to have not received mine, even though I sent twice. In both cases, the mods decided that it wasn't my fault.

bread's done
Back