Trans-world 20% More For Your Trade-ins (new! 3/1-3/18)

animemaniac14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So there's a new coupon...unfortunately i left the scan on my computer at school so don't have access to it at the moment...but you can get $5 more for every $25 you trade in...$10 more for every $50 you trade-in...and $20 more for every $100 you trade in...so essentially, it's the continuing saga of the "get 20% more for your trade-ins" deal..so is there any good flipping material that is cheap somewhere and you can trade-in to FYE/transworld stores for a good amount of credit?

here are the scans for the 2 sides of the coupon:

fye001.jpg

fye002.jpg

Is this a coupon you can get off the internet, or do you have to get it at the store?

I just got a few items I want to trade in (mostly old CDs) and I figured I'd give it a shot again.

Do I have to buy something, like that damn bag? (I remember some people here saying they would only give you one if you bought something. Stupid.)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Do I have to buy something, like that damn bag? (I remember some people here saying they would only give you one if you bought something. Stupid.)[/quote]

If you are fortunate, like I did, you could have a nice cashier give you a bag to put your stuff in before her bitchy manager comes out and asks you if you have the bag. ;) And yes, I know the bag stated the bag itself was not necessary, but some managers can be rather rude.

Probably better to have the new thread, the old one was mainly discussion about the bag, and though i doubt anyone would read all 11 pages, it's probably best not to get anyone confused.

I'll be going to FYE tonight, so i'll make sure to get some coupons (for scans) and find out if the $20, $50, and $100 amounts are before or after the 25% credit policy.

[quote name='Bezerker']Probably better to have the new thread, the old one was mainly discussion about the old coupon, and though i doubt anyone would read all 11 pages, it's probably best not to get anyone confused.

I'll be going to FYE tonight, so i'll make sure to get some coupons (for scans) and find out if the $20, $50, and $100 amounts are before or after the 25% credit policy.[/quote]

ye sorry about that mate but i found it for the best too :whistle2:D thx for understanding:bouncy:

Looks good then. I will probably stop buy there in the next day. I was told on the phone yesterday you had to buy something to get the coupon.

Whats the return policy? Figure thats worse case.

My store, which is usually extremely in the "know" has heard nothing of this deal. I'm wondering if its regional, as our stores never seem to get the 40% off used item fliers either.

berzerker, if you'd like, i can just scan the coupon and send it to you. im sure they'd accept it at any FYE you went to...i mean, i don't know why they wouldn't

It would probably be good to get a scan for the op. Though im sure most FYE's will put up a fight about it not being original.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so any good flipping games/dvds that get a load of credit at transworld stores?[/QUOTE]

You can usually get a lot of hard-to-find indie titles used on Amazon for about $5 shipped watch them and turn them back for the same price or more.

I tried getting rid of some DVD sets just before the bag deal ended and I remembered the bag saying you could use ANY bag, but I got some douchebag employees who wanted to be a bunch of assclowns about me HAVING to have the actual bag, so I said f it and walked back out.

On a good note though, SecondSpin.com is still fairly decent for finding out what is good flipping material and what isn't. Although, from the looks of it, there's a bunch here who don't want to have the trial and error route and want to just flip, flip, flip. It's more satisfying imo to find out the good items on your own.

Either way, I'll go to FYE later today and try this, hopefully my local store still has some of the coupons and will let me grab a ton of them for massive flipping within the next week or so.

Ya know, with that massive collection of games, movies and music you're listing in your post, you could probably get a bunch for MANY of them. You'd be surprised what movies/games/cds get good amounts in trade credit.

For example, a couple CDs that I paid maybe a buck each for, garnered $5-7 each. You just NEVER KNOW what will get a good amount.

Well, of course, I did check Secondspin.com, so I knew what I was getting before I was offered it.

I kind of liked the bag to be honest, made it kind of easy to transport the collection of stuff I had, would in fact continue using the paper bag to trade in stuff due to the convenience.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ya know, with that massive collection of games, movies and music you're listing in your post, you could probably get a bunch for MANY of them. You'd be surprised what movies/games/cds get good amounts in trade credit.

For example, a couple CDs that I paid maybe a buck each for, garnered $5-7 each. You just NEVER KNOW what will get a good amount.

Well, of course, I did check Secondspin.com, so I knew what I was getting before I was offered it.[/quote]

Yes i do have a massive collection of stuff...but a lot of it I don't want to get rid of...so it's a bit of a difficult situation...and unfortunately FYE doesn't take PC games :(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ya know, with that massive collection of games, movies and music you're listing in your post, you could probably get a bunch for MANY of them. You'd be surprised what movies/games/cds get good amounts in trade credit.

Well, of course, I did check Secondspin.com, so I knew what I was getting before I was offered it.[/QUOTE]

Ya know with that mass collection of gaming guides you can sell them for $4 each.

My local FYE doesn't want to give me cash, ever. I traded in a ton of stuff about a year ago to get my PS2 and a Guitar Hero II set... a few months later I did it again, but for money, and the last time I tried to trade stuff in, they refused to give me cash.

Can I complain about that somewhere? I want cash, I don't intend to pay 20-40% over MSRP for anything there. :p

[quote name='Supernova']Ya know with that mass collection of gaming guides you can sell them for $4 each.[/quote]

I could and I do typically, even throwing in a 'free' one if you buy 3. And, if you think my collection is massive, you should see ShiningSlade's, who just posted their list finally. They have more variety to their list that I ever could anymore.:cry:

sorry if I missed it but has anyone been able to confirm if the bonus is based on the cash or trade (25% more) amount? My initial thought would be the cash value.

Trying to calculate the correct amount of trade value to get as close to 20% extra bonus as possible.

The interesting thing is in the fine print where it says to "F5 - percent uplift" then "enter 20". I wonder if it does 20% no matter what values are calculated.

The value you're quoted is for TRADE CREDIT ONLY typically, since they would DEDUCT for taking CASH. At least, that's the way they do it around here. I look at it this way, WHY would they pay someone cash money for something, that they then could take someplace ELSE and use, when if they give you credit, you're stuck with using it there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm pretty sure the amounts you can check for on SecondSpin.com relate to TRADE VALUE ONLY, as the stores by me have always DEDUCTED a % for taking CASH ONLY.[/QUOTE]

hmm, that's opposite of my experience in store. When I went to FYE on 2/29 (last day of bag bonus), I got the price on secondspin, plus 25% for credit plus 20% bag bonus. I've done it twice during the bag bonus timeframe.

IIRC, when they ring it up, it shows up first as cash, then they click on something for credit, it jumps by 25% then the click another button to add the 20%.

However, I see what you're saying based on how they state it on the secondspin website.

The secondspin rate is for cash. FYE adds 25% if you choose credit. If you trade $100 stuff for cash they'd give you $120 with the coupon. You'd get $145 if you chose credit.

Ok I need help here, maybe from a worker or past worker of FYE.

First my question, then my story.

Is it possible for a cashier to give you a 50% less trade in value with the push of a button?

Heres the story.

I was in there on 2/28/08 and he scanned a bunch of stuff, I thought the past promo was good through the end of the day on 02/28/08, apparently it wasn't? He told me roughly $47 in trade and high 59 or so in credit. He said the promo was over. So given I new of this post, I told him I would wait for the new promo. That day I ended up buying a used CD I had been somewhat interested in, no coupon was given to me.

Then fast forward to yesterday. I brought in all the same stuff minus 2 CD's I left in the car by mistake. He said there was no promo. I pushed him a bit further and he said well "yeah but you need the coupon, we had been handing them out for the last 3 weeks". I was a little irritated at this point, and brought the fact up I was in on the 28th and bought something and never received a coupon.

His reply was "well then I will just give you the 20% if its that big of an issue, alright", so he scans my cd's and movies in, and it comes out to $15.xx after the 20% increase! Some of the $5 cd's on FYE scanned at $2.50 each etc. Where a week and a half ago they were scanned at the full $5. Just for the record the two CD's I left in the car showed as $5 each, the last time I was in there.

So whats the scoop, is it possible that he somehow devalued my trade ins, and ripped me or what? Or is it possible that being greedy and waiting for the 20% bonus, I allowed them to adjust the prices in their computer due to stock?

Any ideas here?

It could've been due to the stock issue, Snake, since I've had that happen before. I typically would check the values on Secondspin before going to FYE and most times the values were spot on, but at least 3-6 times, they were off by as much as $3-4.

I don't know why many seem to get clerks who act like they're doing you a favor by giving you the bump, since around here they're pretty cool about it. I've only really run into one or two clerks who were total assclowns about it.

Since the end of the last promo though, I decided to keep my DVD sets I was going to trade in, namely because I just didn't feel the values were worth it($5 for a 3-4 DVD set? NO THANKS).

Of course, I'm not really watching them that much anymore, so they may go up on my TL soon for sale/trade.

Hope that you can get your issue resolved Snake, though it does sound like the values on the CD's and what not just went down. Alot can happen in 2-3 weeks, you know.

If you have any question about their worth, double check their value on Secondspin.com.

Since I was helped here and the previous FYE thread (anime stuff) with some flip deals, here's a couple back. There is the Costco $10.99 game thread where Code Lyokos and Sega Bass Fishing are $11 plus tax.

At FYE, the cash values are $16 and $12-13 respectively. If you can get them tonight and flip them, you should be able to get $24 and $19.xx. (cash value + 25% credit + 20% bonus). Did one set each today at two FYEs. The other Costco titles wouldn't net more than what you paid for them at best (~$12 trade/bonus value) so don't bother if you're planning to flip.

And before the hording ethics police arrive, there were still dozens of both titles at the two Costco's I visited yesterday (Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, CA) for others to do whatever. Plus there are rumors of restocks today.

Remember today's the last day for the extra 20% for this go around. (contrary to what the OP title says)

[quote name='bob330i']Since I was helped here and the previous FYE thread (anime stuff) with some flip deals, here's a couple back. There is the Costco $10.99 game thread where Code Lyokos and Sega Bass Fishing are $11 plus tax.

At FYE, the cash values are $16 and $12-13 respectively. If you can get them tonight and flip them, you should be able to get $24 and $19.xx. (cash value + 25% credit + 20% bonus). Did one set each today at two FYEs. The other Costco titles wouldn't net more than what you paid for them at best (~$12 trade/bonus value) so don't bother if you're planning to flip.

And before the hording ethics police arrive, there were still dozens of both titles at the two Costco's I visited yesterday (Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, CA) for others to do whatever. Plus there are rumors of restocks today.

Remember today's the last day for the extra 20% for this go around. (contrary to what the OP title says)[/quote]

at least your considerate man :whistle2:D many thanks to that tho i don't live in CA

[quote name='animemaniac14']at least your considerate man :whistle2:D many thanks to that tho i don't live in CA[/quote]

Hey, I'm considerate to a point, but when the same 5-10 people come in every friggin' day and only ask 'any good flips?' without actually letting us know if they found any and what they are, then that makes me want to be less than helpful.

I still wish Powerdrome for PS2 netted what it did before any bonuses, since I'd STILL be flipping that($2-3 from GS, $11-12 before bonuses @ FYE at one point).

ye well i would mention some good flips but i honestly don't know of any...i JUST finished depleting my collection of dvd anime art boxes from the ADV sale at TRSI (turning $4 cash into $12+ credit)...turned like $500 cash into about $1500+ in credit...im sure FYE will have another deal like this in the near future so ill bump up this thread if they happen to for their next sales promotion cycle :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']ye well i would mention some good flips but i honestly don't know of any...i JUST finished depleting my collection of dvd anime art boxes from the ADV sale at TRSI (turning $4 cash into $12+ credit)...turned like $500 cash into about $1500+ in credit...im sure FYE will have another deal like this in the near future so ill bump up this thread if they happen to for their next sales promotion cycle :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm close to about $850 also for about $350 or so using the last two 20% promos. Also was able to clean out some of my old games/movies and stuff I knew I wasn't going to get to play or watch.

bread's done
Back