Transfering save files...

mattstockton12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I bought a bunch of Xbox games on the cheap via the buy2get1 sales at EB/GS. Of course, now I need an Xbox! Ha.

Anyway...I plan to get an Xbox 360, but not all of my Xbox games are compatible with it and I'd rather wait for a price drop anyway.

So I decided to ebay an original Xbox and play through my games and put it back on ebay for a minor loss and then proceed to get a 360 in the future. However, I am wondering if it will be possible to keep my game saves once I get rid of the Xbox. Did microsoft release some sort of connection cord for transferring save files from an original Xbox to a 360? I don't really want to have to keep a big fat Xbox around.:drool:

[quote name='yukine']Nope, you can't transfer saves from an Xbox to a 360. Sucks, I know.[/quote]

Well this is disappointing. Guess I'll have to get both. I'll make sure I get them both used though so Microsoft doesn't see any money out of this. jerks.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Well this is disappointing. Guess I'll have to get both. I'll make sure I get them both used though so Microsoft doesn't see any money out of this. jerks.[/quote]You should soft-mod the XBOX and install XBMC on it. I'm not one for 'backups' but XBMC is a great application and turns your XBOX into basically a sub-$100 network media player that outperforms most products 2-3 times its price. The only thing you can't do is record video and play any video at 720i and higher at full speed/quality. Oh and I dare you to find a DVD player that can upscale DVDs (not to mention play games and do all the other things XBMC does) for the same price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbmc

Eh, it seems that of the 21 Xbox games I want or have, 17 are backwards compatible. I'll miss out on Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Mech Assault, PGR, and PGR2...no biggie, guess I'll just get a 360 and save myself some hassle.

No reason to get the PGRs with 3 out and 4 coming anyway, and there is always MechAssault 2...I'm bummed about Stranger's Wrath though, hopefully it'll get added eventually.

It's possible as long as you have a modded Xbox.

1. Retrieve all of your Xbox game saves from the Xbox hard drive (easiest way is to use Xbox Save Manager over the network)

2. Hook up your 360 hard drive to your computer. I did this by removing it from its casing and hooking it up to a SATA connector, but I understand there are far easier methods these days.

3. Use the Xplorer 360 program to read your hard drive and copy all the Xbox game saves into the appropriate directory (google for that, the proper folder name escapes me at the moment).

Voila, you have all of your Xbox saves on your 360. I have everything on there, so when a new game becomes BC, I'm all set. You can even copy hacked saves over, such as all the fan-made DOA3 costumes.

bread's done
Back