Transferring data OFF of the PS3 hard drive?

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
I am going to buy a PS3 when the bundle comes back into stock at Costco (whenever that is, I am hoping that if I wait they will eventually have a resistance bundle), since you cant beat their return policy if the system dies.

What I was wondering was, If I have to return the system can I get the saved data off of the hard drive and wipe it before I return it? I was thinking that you might be able to use the usb ports or the card slots, is this possible.

PS3 owners or experts could you help me out?

If you don't have built-in card readers I think you're supposed to be able to just plug in most USB card readers and transfer stuff over to Memory Stick or SD or whatever.

I didn't have a chance to try it with my PS3 unfortunately. (If you CAN'T do that that's really bad...)

If you have a 60GB version you can use SD, MS, or Compact Flash. With either version you can just use a USB Memory stick.

[quote name='reiji']If you have a 60GB version you can use SD, MS, or Compact Flash. With either version you can just use a USB Memory stick.[/quote]

Ok good. I want to trade in my 20GB PS3 for a white 60GB when the White ones come out.

And also I want to purchase a 100gb harddrive first.

So if I plug a USB key into the PS3 it will pop up and then allow me to transfer all files? PS2 and PS3?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ok good. I want to trade in my 20GB PS3 for a white 60GB when the White ones come out.

And also I want to purchase a 100gb harddrive first.

So if I plug a USB key into the PS3 it will pop up and then allow me to transfer all files? PS2 and PS3?[/quote]

you plug in a USB device or mem card and then go to the gamesave look at the options and choose Copy. It will copy your save files to the mem card or USB

bread's done
Back