Transformers 7-Disc Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy $90 @ Amazon & Walmart.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Transformers (7-Disc) Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy (Transformers/Transformers 2/Transformers 3 3D) [Blu-ray]

41DqxzXN8-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Release Date: January 31, 2012

Amazon.com - $89.99 (MSRP: $149.99)

BestBuy.com - $149.99 (MSRP: $169.99)

FYE.com - $107.00 (MSRP: $169.99) [Membership: $96.30]

Walmart.com - $89.96 (MSRP: $129.99)

Amazon.ca - $104.99 CAD (MSRP: $149.99 CAD)

FutureShop.ca - $99.99 CAD (Web-only offer - Only 100 sets available)

Update #1
A little update on the Signature Edition Transformers set:

• There will only be 5,000 made.
  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will be out in December.
http://imageshack.us/g/828/photo3fz.jpg/

Update #2
More info:

• The Signature series box set will available January 31, 2012.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
Price has still TBD.
Update #3
Yes, the 3D Blu-ray will be sold as a single SKU.

TF Signature Series will be $100.
Credit to nelson from The Official Micheal Bay Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah sure whatever, you're "correct" based on "what you used". You could have used a set that was $70 each too, but what point would that make? Zero.. I never said which set for you to choose. I said it's cheaper if you just get the regular sets. You picked and chose which sets you used to make your calculations, while I used the cheapest ones that are still equivalent. I did the smart thing, you didn't. Had I known you'd have such difficulty finding equivalents for the lowest price, I would have spelled it out for you from the start.

Had you been more knowledgeable of that double pack would you still have chosen your overpriced individual sets to make your "point"?

Enjoy the cash-grab folks![/QUOTE]

Still taking shots at those of us who are buying this... for someone who said they were going away... you sure are here still.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah sure whatever, you're "correct" based on "what you used". You could have used a set that was $70 each too, but what point would that make? Zero.. I never said which set for you to choose. I said it's cheaper if you just get the regular sets. You picked and chose which sets you used to make your calculations, while I used the cheapest ones that are still equivalent. I did the smart thing, you didn't. Had I known you'd have such difficulty finding equivalents for the lowest price, I would have spelled it out for you from the start.

Had you been more knowledgeable of that double pack would you still have chosen your overpriced individual sets to make your "point"?

Enjoy the cash-grab folks![/QUOTE]

Have you started checking prices for an "authentic" Michael Bay autograph for us, too?

:lol:

I like cheeseburgers sometimes. Sometimes homemade patties are too thick. Write that down.

He'll be back in to read what I posted. He'll be slightly annoyed when he sees that.

The set is worth the buy to me. I enjoyed the movies enough to get it, plus I like the package.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I like cheeseburgers sometimes. Sometimes homemade patties are too thick. Write that down.

He'll be back in to read what I posted. He'll be slightly annoyed when he sees that.

The set is worth the buy to me. I enjoyed the movies enough to get it, plus I like the package.[/QUOTE]

I already have the second one in it's IMAX version from walmart and I have the third one "bare bones" edition too.. and I still bought this.. that should blow his mind for a while.

[quote name='kevgret']I already have the second one in it's IMAX version from walmart and I have the third one "bare bones" edition too.. and I still bought this.. that should blow his mind for a while.[/QUOTE]

I like autographs. I like to meet the person primarily, but I like having autographs. My brother is a big time collector.

I had a bunch of gift cards from survey sites and stuff that I wasn't using. I feel good about the purchase. I'm starting to save for the Ninja Turtles box set now, ha. $35 currently for the three live actions and the animated, which I don't really like.

Sorry guys, a little confused. I thought the original DotM bluray release was barebones. The collector's set and the 3D DotM Bluray will both have the same special features right? Already have the first two so I'd rather not drop 100 bucks on the set. Would much rather get the 3D DotM for 30.

[quote name='DestinyHero']Sorry guys, a little confused. I thought the original DotM bluray release was barebones. The collector's set and the 3D DotM Bluray will both have the same special features right? Already have the first two so I'd rather not drop 100 bucks on the set. Would much rather get the 3D DotM for 30.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

[quote name='anderson4145']Yep, it's now 149.99[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the in-store kiosk is now showing $149.99 or are you just referring to the website?

It came today for me. Ordered it from amazon. Looks so cool glad I bought it. The signature looks half assed though so it was probably one of the later ones Bay signed.

My signature doesn't look too bad. I'm happy with it. The magnets work kind of meh and I expected the boards to be a little better quality, but I'm okay with it. It's not like I'm gonna beat it around. Definitely worth the $26 cash I paid.

[quote name='anderson4145']some metal but mostly card board[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that. It's pretty nice, really. It could've been better, but you can't go wrong for $90. The signature on mine is nice and the stills look great.

While I was at best buy today picking up the 3D Blu-ray 4-Disc version with $10 coupon, I decided to check the kiosk for the collectors set. It does show up as $54.99, I decided to place an order for it to see if it goes through. It's currently being fulfilled, waiting to see if it gets canceled or shipped. :bouncy:

I only edited out the order # and my address.
pic1eg.jpg

[quote name='htz']While I was at best buy today picking up the 3D Blu-ray 4-Disc version with $10 coupon, I decided to check the kiosk for the collectors set. It does show up as $54.99, I decided to place an order for it to see if it goes through. It's currently being fulfilled, waiting to see if it gets canceled or shipped. :bouncy:

I only edited out the order # and my address.
[/QUOTE]

Great deal for you then. For only a little more, you're getting everything. Hopefully others that want it can get it for a cheap price too.

[quote name='lovedragondon']is anyone going to answer my question if the $90 boxset is only at
walmart online or also instores?[/quote]
online only.

:hot: Best Buy shipped my order. How much does the actual set weigh? UPS is showing 4.20 pounds and is set to arrive on Monday. Going to take some time tomorrow to check what else they have mistakenly priced on that kiosk.:cool:

[quote name='htz']:hot: Best Buy shipped my order. How much does the actual set weigh? UPS is showing 4.20 pounds and is set to arrive on Monday. Going to take some time tomorrow to check what else they have mistakenly priced on that kiosk.:cool:[/QUOTE]

That weight sounds right. That's what mine was marked as from UPS and it came from amazon. The weird thing is there's no packaging, it was just placed inside of a cardboard shipping box.

The only thing that bothers me about this set is there's strips of tape holding the discs in place. I peeled off the tape pretty damn carefully but a tiny bit of the foil on the face of one of the discs pealed off. Does anyone know if the discs are the same exact discs as the regular editions? I believe it was my RotF disc, so if it's the same exact disc, I can just switch it out.

[quote name='Blaqmoon']positive, i went to kiosk searched for it and even put in the same sku=no go[/QUOTE]

It looks like it might be sold out at BB because they removed it from the main website. Either that, or they discovered the price error from the kiosk and took it down temporarily from both sites.

[quote name='winterlane']It looks like it might be sold out at BB because they removed it from the main website. Either that, or they discovered the price error from the kiosk and took it down temporarily from both sites.[/QUOTE]

I think they did because I've been trying since yesterday to locate it and nothing.

Yeah it isn't in the BB system anymore; the only thing showing up at $54.99 is the standard trilogy, not the michael bay autographed one.

I'm assuming it was a price mistake but nice if you were able to price an order and they shipped it. I would assume the standard trilogy most likely weighs about 1lbs so if you're is in excess of four you should get the right one

Went to best buy yesterday to return the 3D Blu-ray version since they actually shipped the collectors edition to me. Customer service rep doing the return ask me why I was returning it, told him it was $20 online (didn't tell him it was from facebook). He offered to price match and give me back the $5 so I took up on his offer since I actually originally used the $10 off coupon I got from the Dark of the moon blu-ray release. I can't turn down what is basically $10 for a 3D Blu-ray set. :booty:
img20120202172120.jpg

P.S. I did re-check the kiosk and it does seem like Best Buy found out about the pricing error. It wasn't showing up anymore like before. I doubt they sold out since amazon and walmart are still selling them on there website. I think the price mistake was from the transformers trilogy set which is also priced the same at $54.99. I got really lucky with the collectors set and price match of the 3D bluray this time. Would like to thank iNCREDiPiNOY for posting the original screenshot of the kiosk, would not have checked if it was not for that tip.

[quote name='htz']:hot: Best Buy shipped my order. How much does the actual set weigh? UPS is showing 4.20 pounds and is set to arrive on Monday. Going to take some time tomorrow to check what else they have mistakenly priced on that kiosk.:cool:[/QUOTE]

The weight on mine was almost 6 pounds shipped from Amazon. It was doubled boxed. Looks like yours was shipped in the retail box :( Hope you don't receive a crushed one.

[quote name='DarthWar']The weight on mine was almost 6 pounds shipped from Amazon. It was doubled boxed. Looks like yours was shipped in the retail box :( Hope you don't receive a crushed one.[/QUOTE]
I just got it today and it was packaged very well. It came in a box twice the size of the box that contains the set. It was filled with airbags, and they used tamper proof packaging tape. The collectors set was not damaged and this thing was bigger than I thought. Overall I'm really happy with it, can't believe I got it for about the price of a newly released video game. :D

suxf7d.jpg

Edit:
[quote name='opterasis']
The only thing that bothers me about this set is there's strips of tape holding the discs in place. I peeled off the tape pretty damn carefully but a tiny bit of the foil on the face of one of the discs pealed off. Does anyone know if the discs are the same exact discs as the regular editions? I believe it was my RotF disc, so if it's the same exact disc, I can just switch it out.[/QUOTE]
fuck I just did the same but with the 1st transformer's movie disc, the gray foil part between "S" and "F" came off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']

Edit:

fuck I just did the same but with the 1st transformer's movie disc, the gray foil part between "S" and "F" came off.[/QUOTE]

Lucky for me it was RotF, and I remembered I was going to switch it out for the Walmart big screen disc anyways. I'm sure it will play just fine anyways. I'm giving the standalone versions to a friend, i doubt he'll even notice.

bread's done
Back