Transformers Cybertron - Giant Starscream Figure On Clearance @ Target

darkwingduck13

CAGiversary!
For those who are into Transformers, it might be worth knowing that Target does their toy section reset right after Christmas every year, and this year one of the items they've put on clearance is the giant Starscream figure from the Transformers Cybertron series. It's a great figure in my opinion, but my cheap ass was not going to spend $45+tax for it. Now, however, it's 30% off at many Targets, and 50% off at some others, depending on where you live. My Target had three of them left, so I picked it up today on lunch...came out to be about $31 and change after employee discount. If it's dropped to 50% off in your area, it'll ring up around $22.xx.

Also, some people on Transformers forums around the web are reporting that it's gone on clearance at Wal-Mart as well, but since Wal-Mart clearances are so YMMV on the level of price drop, I didn't even bother checking the ones here. 98% of the time, when I see something on clearance at Wal-Mart, they've knocked literally $2 off of the price, as if that's a great bargain. :p

edit: Okay, after a request, here's the figure:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=16534

I'll go on to say that it's even cooler once it's out of the box. Really great figure...just not a great price originally if you're a cheap-ass. ;)

great deal!

I got this figure for christmas, and I am loving it. probably one of the best Starscream figures Hasbro has ever produced. I really like that it comes with the crown, that is similiar to the one he wore for a little bit in the Transformers movie.

The figure's good. I wish I woulda waited now though, I bought him full price as soon as he came out.

On a side note, I managed to find the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary figures and Star Wars Transformers today.

I was at first worried the Star Wars figures would be crap, but imho, they rock. Great figures, reminds me of the old Star Wars toys I had, I think called action force or something like that. Vehicles with little Mighty Max style characters as pilots. The SW TF's are like those, but the vehicles transform. The General Grevious is just too cool in my book.

Yeah, my Target had the Beast Wars Anniversary figures as well. I just didn't care much for most of those toys. There were some cool ones, but 98% of them I was just never interested in. I prefer my robot beasts to look more robotic. In my opinion, the Cybertron line has seen quite a few neat molds, especially following Energon, which I wasn't that impressed with. Cybertron Optimus Prime is especially superior when compared to his Energon incarnation. Gah...Fattimus Prime was just horrible.

Here in Jacksonville FL, Target has him for the $31.xx ( which is the 30%) off and walmart has him on clearance for $35.. and just so you guys know the clearance prices started the week after Xmas, I pick mine up on 12.29 at target.

how big is this guy compaired to Unicron ? I'm tempted but would hate to have a transformer be bigger then unicron. Also I'm sure TRU will also eventually be blowing this toy out just like they did with Unicron.

Dammit... I already have nearly 200 TF figures but now they start to bring out the good stuff. I wish I hadn't wasted all that money on those crappy Armada figures.:whistle2:x

DANG! is this B+M only? I would love to order on-line at that CAG price.

Dare I say, best remake of StarScream since G1?

Wouldn't mind getting the bust statue either.. but again, my CAGenes prevent this!

Cybertron Starscream is the same size class as Unicron, but it doesn't bother me really. If it does bother you so much that you wish for a smaller version of the mold, there is a TRU-exclusive 2-pack that includes a Voyager size class Starscream along with Vector Prime, another spaceship-type alt-mode Autobot. :) However, it will hurt if you're a cheap-ass, since the two pack of the smaller bots is now more expensive than the clearance prices on Cybertron Starscream. ;)

I picked the Cybertron Starscream a last week for $22.48 at the Target in Franklin, TN. He is pretty big - same size as Unicron and Omega Supreme. I also picked up the Call Upon Yoda for $17.48 - I couldn't resist having Yoda's wisdom at my disposal.

I'm waiting for the 50% off at my Target. I can't wait since I've wanted this figure since release. That crown is just awesome :)

[quote name='darkwingduck13']

Also, some people on Transformers forums around the web are reporting that it's gone on clearance at Wal-Mart as well, but since Wal-Mart clearances are so YMMV on the level of price drop, I didn't even bother checking the ones here. 98% of the time, when I see something on clearance at Wal-Mart, they've knocked literally $2 off of the price, as if that's a great bargain. :p
[/QUOTE]

what message boards do you go to?

I picked up one at the culver city, ca target yesterday. So cool this thing is. That crown rocks.

[quote name='mrmike']what message boards do you go to?[/QUOTE]

Check out tfw2005.com if you want. There are others, but TFW always seems to have all the news, so I rarely miss anything new.

bread's done
Back