Transformers. May 2004. Official Site.

Grrr....where are my G1 Transformers?

A G1 game came out in Japan, but its supposed to be pretty damn crappy.

Toys R Us released some of those classic G1 TFs like Prime, but the one that I wanted most was the classic Megatron. Unfortunately, since he looks too much like a real gun, we'll never see him again since he breaks some current laws. I'm still kicking myself for not buying that megatron with its original box & accessories for $10 at a flea market about 10 years ago.

It would be nice to see a G1 Transformers game for once. The last one I saw was the nintendo (NES) one, and it was crap!

I looked on Gamefaqs for a review of the NES one, and it's not listed. Are you sure about that?

[quote name='Spiritseed']Although this is armada and not G1 It still looks cool. I'll get it[/quote]

This isn't armada, is it? I thought that game already came out and it sucked ass... And I thought armada was based on completely different characters... I'm so confused! 8-[

[quote name='CheapyD']Grrr....where are my G1 Transformers?

A G1 game came out in Japan, but its supposed to be pretty damn crappy.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw screenshots of that.....the graphics weren't too good, and I don't think the characters actually even transformed in the game. I remember the character list being fairly expansive, though.

Also, in case nobody answered it yet, the Transformers NES game was never released in the U.S.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Optimus Prime is JEWISH?![/quote]

No, he's not...and what the hell is that supposed to mean, anyhow?

[quote name='optimusprime'][quote name='JimmieMac']Optimus Prime is JEWISH?![/quote]

No, he's not...and what the hell is that supposed to mean, anyhow?[/quote]

optimus.jpg

Its from a Family Guy episode.

[quote name='optimusprime'][quote name='JimmieMac']Optimus Prime is JEWISH?![/quote]

On the banned from fox episode of Family Guy "When you wish upon a Wienstien", Peter and his family are sitting in a synagogue when Optimus Prime rolls in and transforms. That's where the line comes from.

I happen to use it on these boards as a segue when a topic is gets to far of topic and utterly ridiculous.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='optimusprime'][quote name='JimmieMac']Optimus Prime is JEWISH?![/quote]

optimus.jpg

Its from a Family Guy episode.[/quote]

Oh...ha....I must have missed that part. Looks funny (Family Guy is cool). Sorry about the outburst, JM.

While we are talking about the Transformers, I would like to add that I have Transformers Marvel comics #1-#4 (among others), from 1984, in mint condition.

I don't know how much they are worth today, but I am guessing not much.

g1-01s.jpg
g1-02s.jpg
g1-03s.jpg
g1-04s.jpg

Cheapass Note:

The Transformers Armada Optimus Prime, complete with battery operated self-transforming Mini-con base or utterly ridiculous "Super Pants" mode can be found on clearence at Toys R Us for $20

[quote name='CheapyD']While we are talking about the Transformers, I would like to add that I have Transformers Marvel comics #1-#4 in mint condition, along with a few others.

g1-01s.jpg
g1-02s.jpg
g1-03s.jpg
g1-04s.jpg
[/quote]

Wow....those look pretty damn cool. I forgot they even made a comic book for Transformers. Do I see a Spidy crossover on one of those?

[quote name='CheapyD']While we are talking about the Transformers, I would like to add that I have Transformers Marvel comics #1-#4, from 1984, in mint condition.

g1-01s.jpg
g1-02s.jpg
g1-03s.jpg
g1-04s.jpg
[/quote]

Not all that much, but more than they were... I currently have about 75% of the run of GI Joe that Marvel put out, and the issues prices are trending upwards.

Nice CheapyD. I used to have a big collection of the Transformers comics, but I traded them sometime ago. I still have the Tranformers/G.I. Joe.

I have a whole bunch of the original G1 toys too.
If I ever get out of my small NYC apartment, hopefully I can move them out of my parent's attic.

[quote name='CheapyD']I have a whole bunch of the original G1 toys too.
If I ever get out of my small NYC apartment, hopefully I can move them out of my parent's attic.[/quote]

Yeah....I used to have all the toys, but they were thrown/given away over the years. I've been forced to buy all of the expensive Japanese re-issues.

If you ever get that collection out of the attic, post some pics....I'd love to drool in jealousy.

I know its not being a cheapass, but I dropped the money for the 20th Anniversary Prime. It's just so obscenly cool it's worth it.... now I just need to find a trailer that works with it.

For the record, the NES Transformers was only released in Japan. You played Ultra Magnus, and yes, you could transform. That game was insanely hard, and everything about it was pretty horrible.

Also, I have the last couple of issues oF GI Joe vs Transformers myself. It was the most forced crossover ever. Ugh.

[quote name='CheapyD']While we are talking about the Transformers, I would like to add that I have Transformers Marvel comics #1-#4 (among others), from 1984, in mint condition.

g1-01s.jpg
g1-02s.jpg
g1-03s.jpg
g1-04s.jpg
[/quote]

I actually have the whole first run series of these, and the whole GI Joe Transformers combo versions, I think there was one other stin off back then.

A TF game where you play Hound?!? The only way that could get worse is if you had to play as Bumblebee.

[quote name='PsyClerk']A TF game where you play Hound?!? The only way that could get worse is if you had to play as Bumblebee.[/quote]

Nope, it could be worse... they could make you play as Spike or Daniel.

See, at least in the Armada:prelude to Energon, they aren't making you play as the kids in thier stupid orange dorksuits.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
Wasn't there an N64 game too? I don't feel like GFAQing it...[/quote]

[quote name='optimusprime']And N64....I heard they both sucked.[/quote]

Shoulda read the whole thread WSB.

About Beast Wars for PS1... I have that game. Its pretty good for a bit, but gets boring quick. I meant a game for this generation of consoles. That definitely would be hot

Oh man, I just realized the third issue of that comic shows Megatron fighting Spider-Man. The horror!

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
Wasn't there an N64 game too? I don't feel like GFAQing it...[/quote]

[quote name='optimusprime']And N64....I heard they both sucked.[/quote]

Shoulda read the whole thread WSB.[/quote]

D'oh! Got me there, Phatty. That's the problem with being a smartass...people are always waiting for you to screw up! :lol:

A little off topic, but does anyone know if Rhino is going to be offering on DVD the episodes that aired after Transformers was cancelled in the US? Season 3/4 comes out this month.

Anyone know where to get old eps. beast machines? I use to watch beast wars and the saga continued onto beast machines , the series was canceled but I think it keeped going in canada

hey cheapy I am a self proclaimed transformers expert collector and dealer(knowing more about them than most people). The mint prices for the first four transformers comics from the 1980's are as follows
#1 $12
#2-10 $6
these are mint prices from wizards monthly price guide. I have every issue except #79(the first run went from 1984-1991) and ended with issue #80. #80 is the most expensive guiding for $28. towards the end there was a more limited print run. The new dreamwave transformers comics have great art by Pat Lee and at one point the dealer exclusive issue for the new #1 in 2002 was going for upwards of $80. If anyone is in the Jersey area the 3rd CyberCon expo(all Transforemrs some gi joe and 80's)convention is going on April 10th in cherry hill NJ. Its a great convention and so much closer then Botcon(ussually in Chicago). Check it out.
http://www.cyberconexpo.com/

oooohh shiii
i just looked since new attendees are updated but ATARI will be there showing the new game with playable demos and freeeee goooddiess

[quote name='CheapyD']While we are talking about the Transformers, I would like to add that I have Transformers Marvel comics #1-#4 (among others), from 1984, in mint condition.

g1-01s.jpg
g1-02s.jpg
g1-03s.jpg
g1-04s.jpg
[/quote]

I would like to add that I have the GI Joe Marvel Comics #1-4 (among others), from 1982, in mint condition.

I do know how much they are worth today...an okay amount :roll:

[quote name='TiKi2']Anyone know where to get old eps. beast machines? I use to watch beast wars and the saga continued onto beast machines , the series was canceled but I think it keeped going in canada[/quote]

Actually mainframe ans a history of only doing so many seasons of any show they do. Beast wars and Beast machines continuation which ended the story a couple of years ago, the story ('machines') concluded after, I beleive, 24 or 26 episodes with the end of the war between Primal and "Megatron".

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='TiKi2']Anyone know where to get old eps. beast machines? I use to watch beast wars and the saga continued onto beast machines , the series was canceled but I think it keeped going in canada[/quote]

Actually mainframe ans a history of only doing so many seasons of any show they do. Beast wars and Beast machines continuation which ended the story a couple of years ago, the story ('machines') concluded after, I beleive, 24 or 26 episodes with the end of the war between Primal and "Megatron".[/quote]

I guess some people somewhere may have them on a P2P service or bittorrent, but if you're patient, it's quite likely Kid Rhino will put them in a DVD collection. Right now thier just finishing up the G1 Transformers episodes, and they've started in on Beast Wars.

bread's done
Back