Transformers Pay-Per-View

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
From UberPulse:

UberPulse has learned that, for the first time in Hollywood's history, a local studio, namely Paramount, will release next month's live-action Transformers movie, on cable pay-per-view, the same day it premiere's in US theatres, on July 3rd. But don't hold your breath... the price tag for that special night might deter more than one: $49!

At this price, it makes sense to watch a blockbuster at home instead of going to the theatres, only if you have a really nice home theatre system and invite lots of family and friends. And that's exactly how Hollywood is trying to convince the theatres: that those people, who owns such home theatre systems, are not going to the cinemas anyway.

We have also learned that movie theatres are very reluctant to release that content as they have the right on it for the first six months it is released a.k.a the first window of exclusivity... But the writing is on the wall. So expect more experiments like this one, more often... cheaper... until the death of theatres!

[quote name='Psykoboy2']From UberPulse:[/QUOTE]

holy shit!!

its too bad the current level I am on with verizon is the lowest bandwith that pixelates and freezes :( 50 bucks is way too much watch a movie on a shitty signal.

If this is actually true (at this point, I don't think one site called "Uber Pulse" is enough of a source to believe right away), I don't think it's that big of a deal; Transformers would be lame on your home TV, and $50?!? It'd be much cheaper to see it in a theatre.

[quote name='ITDEFX']holy shit!!

its too bad the current level I am on with verizon is the lowest bandwith that pixelates and freezes :( 50 bucks is way too much watch a movie on a shitty signal.[/quote]

Same here dude. This concept though is very intriguing and when it flops like a wet noodle I hope they get back on and try again but at a more reasonable $30-$35 range.

I don't think its a horrible deal/price. If you are going to see it in the theater anyway, that is. Just invite 4 people over and it is only $10 each which is comparable to theater ticket prices and you don't have to listen to screaming kids, munching popcorn, slurping soda, and some guy saying: "Sheeeeyit Optimus, don't go in there!"

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I don't think its a horrible deal/price. If you are going to see it in the theater anyway, that is. Just invite 4 people over and it is only $10 each which is comparable to theater ticket prices and you don't have to listen to screaming kids, munching popcorn, slurping soda, and some guy saying: "Sheeeeyit Optimus, don't go in there!"[/QUOTE]

well yea you got a point. But bet you it's a content protected signal so any fool who tries to record it will find a nasty surprise when they replay it later on.

bread's done
Back