Transformers Season Dvds

Some new company is supposed to have obtained the rights but so far they havn't done anything with them.

[quote name='rodeojones903']You are better off getting a decent bootleg since there is no word on a rerelease.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait another month or so. With the new movie out, the new toys, and the new cartoon show, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever owns the right to the G1 cartoon decides to cash in and release some sets.

Good luck finding them anywhere... I saw sealed sets of all 5 of the G1 sets going for 700 on ebay, opened they were going for over 300 for all 5 together... like I said... good luck, but you should have bought them earlier, bootlegs might be the best choice

Glad I have them in my collection... too bad the GI Joe sets were cut off halfway through S2

Seeing the incredible Ebay prices and knowing damn well that I would probably watch a few episodes and think "what the hell was so great about this show?" (which was how I felt after I bought and watched the original Transformers movie DVD), I got mine the cheapest way possible: DVD ISOs via Bittorrent.

When I got a chance to watch the show again on DVD my first thought was, this is going to be great.

Then I watched an episode and saw that it was a 22 minute commercial.

The whole plot seems to be Optimus Prime saying, "Let's transform and roll out."

Then they would go somewhere to fight and then he would say, "Let's transform and leave."

[quote name='psunami']When I got a chance to watch the show again on DVD my first thought was, this is going to be great.

The whole plot seems to be Optimus Prime saying, "Let's transform and roll out."

Then they would go somewhere to fight and then he would say, "Let's transform and leave."[/QUOTE]

Its amazing how alot of these cartoons from my childhood dont hold up like they once did, still wouldnt stop me from picking up a dvd of the M.A.S.K. series if it ever came out though... The He-Man cartoons seem laughable at times now

Still think the Little Rascals/Our Gang comedies hold up well for me even today

I shouldn't have sold my G1 set on eBay... I should've held off until now but I never figured the movie would get so much hype (or look this promising). Everything transformers is getting huge jumps in prices. I'm thinking about unloading some of my toys.

I'm just hoping Sony re-release the series but... who knows if that'll happen.

Man, I traded my original G1 Megatron for a Sega Saturn about 8 years ago. Crazy to see what one of those is going for on Ebay now. Oh, well.

[quote name='psunami']Man, I traded my original G1 Megatron for a Sega Saturn about 8 years ago. Crazy to see what one of those is going for on Ebay now. Oh, well.[/quote]

I sold ALL of my Transformers on eBay about 3 years ago. They were broken, missing parts and very played with but I still got over $1,000 for them when it was all said and done. It's scary to think what I might have been able to get now...

I got the Chinese set off Ebay for about $55 shipped and have been enjoying them ever since. Much better than paying the high prices for Rhino sets on Ebay.

[quote name='kell']I got the Chinese set off Ebay for about $55 shipped and have been enjoying them ever since. Much better than paying the high prices for Rhino sets on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

The prices are insane, I might have paid about 120-130 for all of mine new through DDD 20% off sales over the years... if Id known I could make sell the complete series for 700 sealed, Id have snapped up quite a few more... its similar to the Silent Hill hype over the games when the movie for it came out, except this is a much bigger movie... hope it doesnt suck, I hate Michael Bay

[quote name='kell']I got the Chinese set off Ebay for about $55 shipped and have been enjoying them ever since. Much better than paying the high prices for Rhino sets on Ebay.[/quote]

I'll second the chinese set. The quality is the same or better than the Rhino sets and you also get the movie. I think the ebay prices on this are currently a little more than $55 shipped.

I picked up the entire Rhino series last year used through EB, even had them store transfer 3 sets from about 200 miles away. :bouncy:

There was a set that was released in China, I believe that has all of the G1 seasons together. It's a really nice set. My gf bought me one for xmas in 05. I will try to find a link to it online. Will probably be an eBay link, however it won't be mine.

Here's a link I found:

Standard Version:
http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200412070001.shtml

Deluxe Edition:
http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200412060001.shtml

Menus are in Chinese, however the episodes are English. I believe that they are not region coded, but could be Region 1. It's been a while since I've watched them. Quality was better than the Rhino releases from what I've read.

I don't know where to get them or for how much. I do expect Sony to announce something around the time when Dreamworks announces the DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD releases.

[quote name='psunami']When I got a chance to watch the show again on DVD my first thought was, this is going to be great.

Then they would go somewhere to fight and then he would say, "Let's transform and leave."[/quote] Heh. It was mentioned in an article on Slate that Hasbro ordered most of the G1 cast killed off in the '87 movie solely so they could sell new toys to kids.

I do remember the season (3rd?) that came after the movie to be slightly more interesting. Heck, they brought Optimus Prime back from the dead, revealed him to be a mind-controlled zombie, killed him off again, then brought him back again to save the world from some rage virus.

That was awesome.

[quote name='Zing']Seeing the incredible Ebay prices and knowing damn well that I would probably watch a few episodes and think "what the hell was so great about this show?" (which was how I felt after I bought and watched the original Transformers movie DVD), I got mine the cheapest way possible: DVD ISOs via Bittorrent.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I did this as well and after all was said and done the showed has aged horribly, nostalgia only does so much here.

[quote name='coolsteel']Agreed, I did this as well and after all was said and done the showed has aged horribly, nostalgia only does so much here.[/QUOTE]

If I wasn't OCD and a pack rat, my Transformers DVDs would be on Ebay right now...

bread's done
Back