Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E-Z-B']That optimus prime looks like ass.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, it's an unpainted, likely not fully tooled proto, haha. Def. missing some sort of windshield up front. Deluxeish size mebbe? I'm personally excited as hell, cuz I love Cybertronian alt modes.

[quote name='pscloud']Anyone still seeing the TRU Insecticons? I picked up one before Christmas, but decided to gift it to a buddy of mine...I've seen a few Perceptors but no luck on a second Insecticon set :([/QUOTE]

I was at a TRY yesterday, and the Insecticons were there. Granted, Perceptor outnumbered them 7-1, but they were still there.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man, I forgot about the Alternity series. Where's a good cheap place to get the GT-R Convoy?[/QUOTE]

I've bought all my alternity line from Robot Kingdom. Shipping takes awhile but the prices are cheaper. TFSource seems to be an ok place to buy as well.

I can't wait until they announce stateside MP Grimlock for 2010! :D

[quote name='manthing']I was at a TRY yesterday, and the Insecticons were there. Granted, Perceptor outnumbered them 7-1, but they were still there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - a few weeks ago I saw a TON of Perceptors and one Insecticon, though the front cover was ripped off :( So definitely seeing Perceptor

[quote name='177adjen17']which ones?[/QUOTE]

The special edition Optimus Prime, Megatron, Overkill, and Dragstrip. Each are 9.99; cheaper than they were in HST.

I already picked up OP, Megatron, and Overkill.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']The special edition Optimus Prime, Megatron, Overkill, and Dragstrip. Each are 9.99; cheaper than they were in HST.

I already picked up OP, Megatron, and Overkill.[/QUOTE]

sweet ;D i picked up overkill awhile back from a swap meet for the same price, guess now can grab OP n Megs hehe

I've always admired transformer toys. Sadly though I have only owned three transformer toys.
Transmetal Cheetor
1145162371.jpg
Transmetal Rattrap
1145162922.jpg
Also a little blue truck that was the size of hot wheels. I can't remember the name though.

I had bought them with the intention to start collecting them but ended up selling them awhile back. They were cool toys though.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I've always admired transformer toys. Sadly though I have only owned three transformer toys.
Transmetal Cheetor
1145162371.jpg
Transmetal Rattrap
1145162922.jpg
Also a little blue truck that was the size of hot wheels. I can't remember the name though.

I had bought them with the intention to start collecting them but ended up selling them awhile back. They were cool toys though.[/QUOTE]

Pipes?
r_pipes004.jpg

r_pipes019.jpg

Or even smaller could have been Mudslinger (though this was more matchbox than hot wheels size)?
300px-G1-toy_Mudslinger.jpg

Also, despite the shiny coat of paint, imho the prime and megatron from those former HBTS exclusives are absolutely horrible molds. They were originally a 2 pack for Universe/Classics. Overkill and Dragstrip (recolored Classics Grimlock and Mirage, respectively) are both excellent imho.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Pipes?
r_pipes004.jpg

r_pipes019.jpg

Or even smaller could have been Mudslinger (though this was more matchbox than hot wheels size)?
300px-G1-toy_Mudslinger.jpg

Also, despite the shiny coat of paint, imho the prime and megatron from those former HBTS exclusives are absolutely horrible molds. They were originally a 2 pack for Universe/Classics. Overkill and Dragstrip (recolored Classics Grimlock and Mirage, respectively) are both excellent imho.[/QUOTE]

Kind of similar to the second one, but more resembled a average Chevy pickup without the huge wheels. The doors pulled out and transformed into the arms. Thats about all I remember

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Kind of similar to the second one, but more resembled a average Chevy pickup without the huge wheels. The doors pulled out and transformed into the arms. Thats about all I remember[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have that one, haha. IDK the name, but here's the closest I could find. Yours probably isn't translucent. I know mine isn't, but I'm pretty sure this is the mold you are talking about. They were released in Gen 2 as part of the "Gobots" subline, and then later referred to as Spy Changers in Robots in Disguise, and then later still were repainted for the Universe line. As such, I've got no clue which version, but at least I'm fairly confident this is the right mold, haha. Possibly Motormouth (gen 2 version).
rkZf.jpg

250px-RIDIronhideKB2-UniHoist2.jpg

[quote name='Zmonkay']Oh, I have that one, haha. IDK the name, but here's the closest I could find. Yours probably isn't translucent. I know mine isn't, but I'm pretty sure this is the mold you are talking about. They were released in Gen 2 as part of the "Gobots" subline, and then later referred to as Spy Changers in Robots in Disguise, and then later still were repainted for the Universe line. As such, I've got no clue which version, but at least I'm fairly confident this is the right mold, haha. Possibly Motormouth (gen 2 version).
rkZf.jpg

250px-RIDIronhideKB2-UniHoist2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's the one! I know that mine was translucent on the red part near legs(instead of the clear) but I do not believe that the Blue was translucent.

[quote name='DjHero_X']What are HBT transformers?[/QUOTE]

HBTS = hasbrotoyshop. A few posts back some people were talking about finding the former HBTS exclusive figs at Marshalls (Prime, Overkill, Dragstrip, and Megatron)

went to TRU today jus to see if ne muggs were there, but no luck... so went to WM instead since their beside each other and found that the MP skywarp is on clearance ($40) , not sure if all WM doing it so it may be YMMV :) hh

Wow, I like how many (including myself, for sure) were freaking out about being able to find MP Skywarp, and now they're practically everywhere still, and on clearance no less. Really hope that doen't revert a MP Grimlock release to the cluster fuck allocations that MP Starscream had.

[quote name='Thomas96']I saw preceptor I was going to buy it, but I just don't like that transformer.[/QUOTE]

Too bad--I always thought he was a great TF--much more poseability and I even liked the character on the show.

I just didn't buy him this week when I found him because my old one's still in great condition. That, and I paid half of what he costs now back in the 80's.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Wow, I like how many (including myself, for sure) were freaking out about being able to find MP Skywarp, and now they're practically everywhere still, and on clearance no less. Really hope that doen't revert a MP Grimlock release to the cluster fuck allocations that MP Starscream had.[/QUOTE]

The WMs in my area no longer have him in stock. I bought mine at full price. Funny thing is, I went to WM last weekend and they had a lot still at $60. Three days later, and he's all gone. Must of clearanced out and people bought him.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']The WMs in my area no longer have him in stock. I bought mine at full price. Funny thing is, I went to WM last weekend and they had a lot still at $60. Three days later, and he's all gone. Must of clearanced out and people bought him.[/QUOTE]

Hey, not saying I regret paying full price :D Easily one of my favorite molds ever, and am still hopeful we'll see Thundercracker down the line! Still regret not picking him up when I saw him for 70.00 at a local shop, but I didn't have the cash :(

The Target Holiday exclusive TF sets were on clearance for 30% off today.

Also, a Sears had a bunch of the $20 class Movie TFs for $12 and other TFs for 50% off their slightly than normal retail. For example, the biggest Prime for $26.97. But that's YMMV depending on if your local store got in X-mas toys and if they still have any left.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hey, not saying I regret paying full price :D Easily one of my favorite molds ever, and am still hopeful we'll see Thundercracker down the line! Still regret not picking him up when I saw him for 70.00 at a local shop, but I didn't have the cash :([/QUOTE]

I'm hopeful for a Thundercracker release as well. I'm not forking up $100+ for the Takara one! Besides, I don't really like the Takara one. He's got the banana nipples and he's missing the red stripes on his wings! I'm sure Hasbro will give us a more G1 accurate version! Here's hoping Thundercracker will be the next MP after Grimlock, right?!

I kinda hope Hasbro would give us the MP Ghost Starscream too, but probably unlikely. May be the first Takara MP I buy........if I had the money (I got the Henkei Ghost Starscream exclusive).

[quote name='manthing']Pipes was no Huffer.[/QUOTE]

FLOL...and Huffer was no Gears, let's all be honest here.

Anyway, when did these Alternity figures come out? Are they basically Alternators/Binaltech? Or at least the same size?

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL...and Huffer was no Gears, let's all be honest here.

Anyway, when did these Alternity figures come out? Are they basically Alternators/Binaltech? Or at least the same size?[/QUOTE]

Sadly they're about the size of the deluxes. They were boasted as having die-cast metal, but that was only the spine. However, i'm totally digging it. There's three out so far: Convoy/GTR, Megatron/370z, and Bumblee/Suzuki Swift. The level of detail and quality of it is awesome! Starscream is due out May 2010.

http://www.tfsource.com/public_img/galery_image_1247_3212.jpg

I really wish (absurdly unlikely) Hasbro would find a way to release the Alternity figs over here. Essentially smaller scale alternators, but 30+ for a deluxe sized fig is too much for me to justify. I know they're licensed cars, but c'mon. Local release at ~15.00 please?

[quote name='Zmonkay']I really wish (absurdly unlikely) Hasbro would find a way to release the Alternity figs over here. Essentially smaller scale alternators, but 30+ for a deluxe sized fig is too much for me to justify. I know they're licensed cars, but c'mon. Local release at ~15.00 please?[/QUOTE]

The quality is beyond any deluxe model though.

[quote name='twanky']Sadly they're about the size of the deluxes. They were boasted as having die-cast metal, but that was only the spine. However, i'm totally digging it. There's three out so far: Convoy/GTR, Megatron/370z, and Bumblee/Suzuki Swift. The level of detail and quality of it is awesome! Starscream is due out May 2010.

http://www.tfsource.com/public_img/galery_image_1247_3212.jpg[/QUOTE]

They look awesome, but the prices I saw from an admittedly very brief google check were in the range of $30 to over $50 each! Far too rich for my blood. I'd do $20 to $25 max and anything less in a heartbeat though.

Those Orochi cars though...they look like ass. I really think they could've chosen better cars for them. All the alternities have been awesome and Starscream is about to stink it all up.

[quote name='equest943']Those Orochi cars though...they look like ass. I really think they could've chosen better cars for them. All the alternities have been awesome and Starscream is about to stink it all up.[/QUOTE]

His robot mode looks sweet though!

War for Cybertron toys ahoy:

Prime:
cybertronoptimus-02_480x640.jpg

cybertron-optimus-01_480x640.jpg

Megs:
cybertronian-megatron-01.jpg

cybertronian-megatron-02.jpg

Bee:
Bumblebee+Toy.jpg

Bee+car.jpg

Pretty sure Megs (at least his hands) is mistransformed in that pic, but still. Bee/Prime a pure win, Megs... not so much, but I'll still pick him up

Okay now that Optimus looks cool, even though it's so similar to a couple of his other versions. But the metallic looking paint, or maybe that's just the lighting, looks awesome.

I actually dig that Mags vehicle mode...best I've seen since his "original" Walther P38 form. Bumblebee very cool too.

Not a fan of Lockdown, but that Brawn vehicle mode looks pure win. Just cool as hell. I hope they put that in a voyager size; that would look so bad ass next to Ironhide and Ratchet.

[quote name='karkyco']Okay now that Optimus looks cool, even though it's so similar to a couple of his other versions. But the metallic looking paint, or maybe that's just the lighting, looks awesome.
[/QUOTE]

Beware the Photoshop that Hasbro's press team wields.

[quote name='manthing']Beware the Photoshop that Hasbro's press team wields.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. What looks like a shiny sheen of auburn/rust for the cab/body, will turn out to be some bland, flat maroon dull plastic.

Does anyone happen to know what size those will be? I'm guessing Deluxe, but hoping for larger for any/all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Target today, picked up:
Fugly Orange Fallen 5.48
Leo Prime 4.98
Straightaway Shootout (Legends 5 pack) 4.98

As always, YMMV -- I was at a different Target yesterday and they didn't have Leo Prime and the others were still 13.48

Hi,

In NYC, there are bunch of stores that use to be called 'Odd Job' and are not called 'Amazing Savings.' I stop collecting TF figures after Beast Machines but from time to time when I see them in a store I read the storylines and such on the back of the figures.

Amazing savings has figures for $2.99. There is no 1 set they come from though. It's kind of all over. I know they have TF Universe, TF Animated and the ones made for under 3 yr old kids that have the Gobot tagline.

They have some big version also for $9.99 like Optimus Primal and Omega Supreme (I think it's a fake though).

Hope that helps someone.

A local Walmart is already clearing out some of the NEST stuff due to a soon-to-be remodel. Very odd.

Picked up Bludgeon for $10, the 'Bee/Soundwave 2-pack for $10, and the Scout two-packs for $4.

Deluxe class unaffected.

bread's done
Back